First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On Monday I hauled an upright freezer from Best Buy and yesterday delivered my wifeโ€™s exercise bike to her friend who needed one.

So glad to have a truck again!
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally enjoyed the afternoon yesterday hand washing Mi Camiรณn Azul XL then driving it into town to pick up groceries.

I like to keep my vehicles clean so and have run it through the brushless car wash near our home a few times. They were simple wash and spot free rinse jobs without adding wax or finisher because I want to give it a good hand cleaning and wax. I don't wash much this time of year because of the prevalence of tree pollen in the piney woods of East Texas.

It's nice to spend some time cleaning. After washing it, I went inside to clean up myself so I could go get groceries my wife had ordered. When I came out of the house I noticed that the pollen had mixed with water left on the paint causing some very small spots on the flat surface of the hood and roof. They did, however, come off easily with a little buffing. Obviously, I need to get some detailing spray and clay bar materials to prep the surface.

Before I had to quit and get ready to go the store, I did use Turtle Wax's Dash & Glass cleaner on the black exterior trim and it made the trim look nice. So many car cleaning products on the market with reviews all over the place, it's hard to determine what works and what does not. So, I guess since I've began using Turtle Wax in the early 1960s, I'll stick with them ultimately getting some graphene spray.

It's nice to be able to reach every spot on the truck while standing on the ground, except the roof. I'm a short guy so I have a 4' step ladder in the car port for just such occasions. But it's fun just to get out on a nice spring day in Texas. The high temperature for the day was 82ยฐ. Yep a typical Texas spring day. :cool:

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Added 2 cubbies in the bed of my XL. Also added Insulation between the fenders, engine compartment and the doors on both sides.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220423_132821382_HDR

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220423_132809786

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220423_123739421

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Breakfast in Scottsdale AZ, look what/who was parked next to the Mav ๐Ÿ˜

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 180FA4D7-74B8-4F68-9D3B-E6FDB2F775BF

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who knows when I will receive mine but I did order Bushers catch can, a drivers side bed cubby and the two extra bolts for my XLT which supposedly only comes with the passenger side one, a full kit of Lasfit LED exterior bulbs, and solid lugs to immediately replace the crappy ford 2 piece ones. I am going to hold off on a tonneau cover and use my ford points for that. I wish I knew if mine was coming with the door opening to engine bay insulation pieces or i'd go ahead and get those ordered and have them to install when I get it but I'll wait on that until I see if it has them. Considering some front door speaker replacements but not sure which to get yet. Other than window tint when it comes thats about all I plan to modify so far.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So this might seem like the most mundane thing ever but hear me out. Today I stopped by the gas station to put 4 gallons of fuel in the can for the mower. The reason this is awesome is because I didn't have to put it in the back of my Acadia. So when it splashed a little fuel in the bed it was NO big deal. Why is that you might ask? Because that's what truck beds are for!!:D

Now the back of my Acadia won't smell like gasoline for two or three days. YAY!!

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220424_193725154_HDR

Of course here is the obligatory pic of the mower next to the Mav in the garage. haha I had it in the garage for its annual service before I put it to use this year.
Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220424_193820212_HDR

Last edited:

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Installed the bed extender and the tonneau cover today (Bak revolver X4s) ๐Ÿ˜
20220404_112431.jpg
20220404_112501.jpg
I installed mine today and I have gaps near the cab that seem like theyโ€™d let a decent amount of water in. Do you have that issue too or did I install wrong?

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20220421_125449

This past week my daughter had off for spring break. Went on a small vacation. Including an afternoon to a beach. It had rained so not the best conditions. But we had a great time.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I gave away the replacement backup lights I had purchased because I have realized my Maverick is not going to get here.
Sponsored