First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally don’t mind the white stuff but the freezing rain is no fun. Especially when I’m on my way out into the worst of it. Certainly looks cool though doesn’t it?
Yes, it does. I love seeing the modifications people are doing to their Mavericks. Some, not for me, but I've done many mods based on what I've seen here. That alone has been worth the price of MTC admission. (Ok, it's free, but you get my point, right?)
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Second time I’ve seen this but is the only maverick that I’ve seen in my area. Two catus in the same hood!
72E8D888-922A-4A46-B070-154F7426FF58.jpeg
Oh, wait. There's the second Maverick . . . on the left just sneaking into the picture. Wonder if the owners saw the other's vehicle.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

first oil/filter change coming today after work. Is there an oil that folks recommend? I want to stay with the full synthetic

Last edited:

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
first oil/filter change coming today after work. Is there an oil that folks recommend? I want to stay with the full synthetic
You could have just opened a huge can of worms, but there are many threads discussing this. Personally I only use Amsoil, but as long as you use an oil that meets Fords specifications you will be fine.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You could have just opened a huge can of worms, but there are many threads discussing this. Personally I only use Amsoil, but as long as you use an oil that meets Fords specifications you will be fine.
Not meaning to try to start thread war III, just curious what folks recommend. I’ve never used full synthetic before. I went to my tire guys place and was going to get the oil on my own, already had the filter. (I’d swear the puralator filter was 2x as tall of the motorcraft we removed 😳) he told me I couldn’t buy it anywhere at the cost he could and just come over. 5004 miles and it still looked really good, not dark at all. Replaced with Fram full synthetic. Took just a little over 6 quarts

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not meaning to try to start thread war III, just curious what folks recommend. I’ve never used full synthetic before. I went to my tire guys place and was going to get the oil on my own, already had the filter. (I’d swear the puralator filter was 2x as tall of the motorcraft we removed 😳) he told me I couldn’t buy it anywhere at the cost he could and just come over. 5004 miles and it still looked really good, not dark at all. Replaced with Fram full synthetic. Took just a little over 6 quarts
Do some research, the last time I checked the only true "full synthetic" oils were; Amsoil and Royal Purple. I have run Amsoil in all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and changed at 15k or 1 year. Due to the smaller oil filters in the 4 cylinders I've owned. Otherwise you can get upto 30k between changes. At first I was very hesitant about 15k oil changes, so I had a Blackstone test done with my first oil change, which was 11.5 months and 12k miles. The short story of the oil was better than new conventional 10w30. With that I was sold. But that's just my 2 cents I'm sure there's a lot of differing opinions. Below is a link to a good thread.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/oil-changes-dealer-or-diy.25530/

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good advice on pre-filling the filter. That's about 1/3 of a quart of oil of itself.
I have been doing a filter pre fill for years now, and I love that the eco boost filter is vertical!!!!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind the hybrid doesn't use the gasoline engine full time, so depending on your driving situation, your oil life might be longer.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do some research, the last time I checked the only true "full synthetic" oils were; Amsoil and Royal Purple. I have run Amsoil in all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and changed at 15k or 1 year. Due to the smaller oil filters in the 4 cylinders I've owned. Otherwise you can get upto 30k between changes. At first I was very hesitant about 15k oil changes, so I had a Blackstone test done with my first oil change, which was 11.5 months and 12k miles. The short story of the oil was better than new conventional 10w30. With that I was sold. But that's just my 2 cents I'm sure there's a lot of differing opinions. Below is a link to a good thread.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/oil-changes-dealer-or-diy.25530/
Excellent advice. I'm sure many members will benefit.

Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought the boards I needed for the bed yesterday. Had to trim the 2x4's, although very poorly done, by about a 1/2 inch. Notched the ends of one, to make sure it sat flat. Need to either paint black, or a DIY bed liner. Needs to warm up first! Mid 30's and below are NOT the kind of days to be working outside!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought the boards I needed for the bed yesterday. Had to trim the 2x4's, although very poorly done, by about a 1/2 inch. Notched the ends of one, to make sure it sat flat. Need to either paint black, or a DIY bed liner. Needs to warm up first! Mid 30's and below are NOT the kind of days to be working outside!
Any pics? Always like to see the outcome of other's modifications.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I went out and did a quick and dirty experiment with my Christmas present(s). A rain fly and some extendable poles. Found out it is hard to find good attachment points that still keep it taut. At least when trying to extend it to the "side" instead of the back/out past the tailgate. Found on Amazon that you can get suction cup carabiner clips meant for pretty much exactly this purpose. Slap one on a window and clip your tarp to it. Or perhaps even slap one on a flat part of the roof......we will see.

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 611fjbvmhvl-_ac_sl1500_-

For now, this is the monstrosity. Haha. It is clipped on the passenger door handle and my toneau cover rail. If the suction cups hold well, I am going to shoot for having one corner either on the roof right above the passenger door, or maybe up high on the passenger window. The other corner will be attached to my roof rack on the passenger taillight corner of the bed. Then I will be able to lower the height of the front two corners (the ones supported by poles) about a foot to a foot and a half, and also gain another foot or so of rain coverage since the tarp won't need to wrap down along the passenger side of the truck quite as far. This is a 10 by 10 tarp, but I have a 10 by 12 of the same brand. I might try the 10 by 12 next time, with the 12 being to the side. Would add another 2 feet of covered area to sit under. Fun to play with. Was fairly stable, even with only one rope helping to support each pole. If I add a second rope on each pole pulling the opposite direction, should be even more stable.

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230124_134702-
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230124_134718-

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230124_134849-
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230124_134734-

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any pics? Always like to see the outcome of other's modifications.
A couple of shots of current project. Painting/DIY bed lining will wait until it warms up!!

2x6 up top, in back. A pair of 2x4 hiding slightly, behind bungee cords. Leftovers at bottom.
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20230124_170955567

A slightly blurry view of back. Scrap 2x4 showing the mid point between the 2 halves.
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20230124_170932357_HDR

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I went out and did a quick and dirty experiment with my Christmas present(s). A rain fly and some extendable poles. Found out it is hard to find good attachment points that still keep it taut. At least when trying to extend it to the "side" instead of the back/out past the tailgate. Found on Amazon that you can get suction cup carabiner clips meant for pretty much exactly this purpose. Slap one on a window and clip your tarp to it. Or perhaps even slap one on a flat part of the roof......we will see.

611fjbvmhvl-_ac_sl1500_-jpg.jpg

For now, this is the monstrosity. Haha. It is clipped on the passenger door handle and my toneau cover rail. If the suction cups hold well, I am going to shoot for having one corner either on the roof right above the passenger door, or maybe up high on the passenger window. The other corner will be attached to my roof rack on the passenger taillight corner of the bed. Then I will be able to lower the height of the front two corners (the ones supported by poles) about a foot to a foot and a half, and also gain another foot or so of rain coverage since the tarp won't need to wrap down along the passenger side of the truck quite as far. This is a 10 by 10 tarp, but I have a 10 by 12 of the same brand. I might try the 10 by 12 next time, with the 12 being to the side. Would add another 2 feet of covered area to sit under. Fun to play with. Was fairly stable, even with only one rope helping to support each pole. If I add a second rope on each pole pulling the opposite direction, should be even more stable.

20230124_134702-jpg.jpg
20230124_134718-jpg.jpg

20230124_134849-jpg.jpg
20230124_134734-jpg.jpg
Kudos for your experimentation efforts. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I am curious, though, why you opted for this method to keep out the rain. From your photos, I'm guessing it's to keep your bed items protected. If that's the only purpose, why not get a tonneau cover?
Sponsored