First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW, I was totally onboard with switching to ECO last week, emailed my salesperson, but also asked his input, given his info on allocations, etc. He advised I sit tight for at least a couple more months. From what I've been reading, as a Day One order I supposedly (maybe) have a better shot at getting my hybrid, so I'm gonna sit tight for a bit longer. My thinking is if he switched me to EB the truck would be here sooner, his commission check gets cut sooner, so I'll trust that he's not just BS'ing me. He also knows that I REALLY want the hybrid, and an EB would totally be me settling.
My salesman kinda told me the same. “You’re a day 1 so your chances are higher”. , “you should be good”. I asked about lowering my priority “no, I can’t do that” so on and so forth. I kept calling the dealership until I was able to get someone on the phone from the “internet department “ and he not only switched me from hybrid to EB but moved me from p 19 to p10. 3 weeks later I got the schedule email. Hope that info helps you with your decision making!
Sponsored

brandless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150, F150, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hoping to get scheduled but if they want people to switch they need to give a better incentive like AWD.
Ford has no incentive to offer you an incentive. They can sell all that they can build. But they aren't going to build enough Hybrids for everyone that ordered one.

What should be an incentive to you is that you can order an Ecoboost if the Hybrid isn't important to you, and you will have a better chance of getting built.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tow hitch is the hitch and wiring. Both of which are installed at the factory and cannot simply be tacked on by the dealer.

As for the mudflaps, who knows why Ford hasn't gone that route.
The mudflaps have been on this list forever. Do not order them. Aftermarket is better anyway.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When they mention tow hitch constraint, is it the basic hitch or does it also include the 4k towing package hitch as well? My dealer has no idea and assumes it is all hitches.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has no incentive to offer you an incentive. They can sell all that they can build. But they aren't going to build enough Hybrids for everyone that ordered one.

What should be an incentive to you is that you can order an Ecoboost if the Hybrid isn't important to you, and you will have a better chance of getting built.
Who says they can sell all they can build? Orders for EB are pretty lackluster compared to hybrid. The market will be pretty saturated with them before too long. I suspect something like this will occur to hybrid order but likely not his much: https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-ford-offering-bronco-buyers-2500-to-change-their-order/

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When they mention tow hitch constraint, is it the basic hitch or does it also include the 4k towing package hitch as well? My dealer has no idea and assumes it is all hitches.
There is only one hitch (receiver). There are two wiring harnesses.
Many believe that the hitch is the constraint item but since it comes with a wiring harness either the hitch or the harness could cause the constraint.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s the standalone hitch with the 4 pin connector.

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.
It appears that they just build them with what they have, I was shocked when my dealership called me and said my Maverick was in. It arrived without the spray in liner and the adaptive cruise control. It did however come with additional dealer markup that wasn't easily discerned until I was in the finance office and the numbers weren't right. Big gotcha and I almost walked away but then again, they would have just sold it for even more to someone else. So far I am loving it but still learning how to operate everything.

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Mav Lariat (+lots of Subarus)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i would imagine the tow package is what has kept mine from getting built. i was the 2nd order in line at my dealership and the other order was already built 2 months ago, only real difference in the build was the tow package and paint color

Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It seems hit or miss I had my lariat eco-boost all set with everything that was constrain taken off so it could get built through. ordered on day two in the morning in September then in December 15 based on this website a call to rep to switch to luxury pack and cargo and sibl added to copilot 360. then about 3 weeks later maybe that first week of January scheduling I got a March 6 build date then last week I got a March 13 week build date. So I feel like at least I’m gonna get a truck at some point . Sorry it’s such a mess for everybody

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that they just build them with what they have, I was shocked when my dealership called me and said my Maverick was in. It arrived without the spray in liner and the adaptive cruise control. It did however come with additional dealer markup that wasn't easily discerned until I was in the finance office and the numbers weren't right. Big gotcha and I almost walked away but then again, they would have just sold it for even more to someone else. So far I am loving it but still learning how to operate everything.
. Was yours a 22 converted to a 23?

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
. Was yours a 22 converted to a 23?
No, I was unable to order a 22 (by two days) and had been waiting for 23 orders to open up, I had been talking to my salesperson repeatedly. I went there to order as soon as 23 orders were open Thanks to the information on this site. This is why I was shocked when it got here but I always wondered if loaded trucks would be built as a priority for more profit.