Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming (so, grab your salt shaker):
  • Ford is keeping their 35-65 ratio
  • Ford is at least matching 2022 productions numbers
  • Ford is indeed done scheduling February
Outstanding EB orders should have a roughly 50-50 chance of being scheduled for some week in March, allocations notwithstanding.

So, I suspect Ford might start pushing the hybrid-to-EB conversion harder soon.

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is first time I haven't seen the Hybrid as a constraint, although I am sure the tow hitch and Hybrid will be what prevents me from being scheduled.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Assuming (so, grab your salt shaker):
  • Ford is keeping their 35-65 ratio
  • Ford is at least matching 2022 productions numbers
  • Ford is indeed done scheduling February
Outstanding EB orders should have a roughly 50-50 chance of being scheduled for some week in March, allocations notwithstanding.

So, I suspect Ford might start pushing the hybrid-to-EB conversion harder soon.
I just emailed my sales guy and switched one of my Hybrid orders to AWD ECO BOOST!. Didn't want to, but thought it was wise if I wanted to drive a Mav this year. Still have a Hybrid order standing (waiting) but doubt it will be scheduled this year (9/19 order date priority 19). I also took advantage of the SIB/cargo management discount offer.

Sponsored

Pete Groudas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2023 Maverick.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.

Pete Groudas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2023 Maverick.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.

Pete Groudas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2023 Maverick.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably brought up by others, but is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install or the owner? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably brought up by others, but is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install or the owner? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.
The tow hitch is the hitch and wiring. Both of which are installed at the factory and cannot simply be tacked on by the dealer.

As for the mudflaps, who knows why Ford hasn't gone that route.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is first time I haven't seen the Hybrid as a constraint, although I am sure the tow hitch and Hybrid will be what prevents me from being scheduled.
I find it ironic that a trailer tow hitch makes the Maverick a truck but we can not get one standard from Ford. It is an identity crisis!😂

Pete Groudas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2023 Maverick.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have installed hitches and braking harness's on multiple vehicles over the years. And I am sure they have points to attach it to keep places like Curtis happy, but who knows with how they designed this unibody truck. Maybe more than just the tow hitch, maybe the oil cooler that goes with the 4k package.
I installed a Curtis on my wife's 2018 Mazda CX9 Unibody even, with zero issues.

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find it ironic that a trailer tow hitch makes the Maverick a truck but we can not get one standard from Ford. It is an identity crisis!😂
Agreed, I don't haul a lot, but what is a truck without the ability?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have installed hitches and braking harness's on multiple vehicles over the years. And I am sure they have points to attach it to keep places like Curtis happy, but who knows with how they designed this unibody truck. Maybe more than just the tow hitch, maybe the oil cooler that goes with the 4k package.
I installed a Curtis on my wife's 2018 Mazda CX9 Unibody even, with zero issues.
Over the years cars turned into computers with wheels. That's where a lot of the issue is. When everything is measured down to the millivolt, that extra bit of wiring needs to be told to the computer or it won't know what to do with the now "incorrect" readings.

Bolting on a hitch after the fact isn't a problem. But if you want it to look clean, you have to get it from the factory. I doubt Ford cares what Curtis thinks.

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid