First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't disagree. But I think they will wait until the only thing keeping EBs from being scheduled is straight allocations.
I am wondering if they just go to dealer stock and then dealers will try to convince people to impulse buy them off the lot.
Sponsored

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over the years cars turned into computers with wheels. That's where a lot of the issue is. When everything is measured down to the millivolt, that extra bit of wiring needs to be told to the computer or it won't know what to do with the now "incorrect" readings.

Bolting on a hitch after the fact isn't a problem. But if you want it to look clean, you have to get it from the factory. I doubt Ford cares what Curtis thinks.
Plus, if they really wanted people to drop standalone hitches, they'd charge more than $100. No way I can get an aftermarket one installed for that price.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is there anything preventing them from building without the splash guards and tow hitches and just shipping later to dealers to install? Or is it a labor cost savings thing? Those are the only things on my build that is constrained since I am a EB Lariat config.
Dude, if that's all that is holding you up, can't you just add a hitch and some mud flaps later? Both are easily installed DIY and there are plenty of aftermarket hitch and mud flap options available for the Maverick.

Your call...

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Same. That had been coming out on Tuesdays in recent weeks. But that assumes Ford continues to provide that information.

I posted this on another thread. But a couple ways to interpret the lack of hybrids on the key constraints:
  1. Ford has more pieces for hybrid than planned and thus will exceed the 35%.
  2. Ford has enough pieces to meet the 35% and thus it isn't a constraint unto itself.
That is a very good point about Ford possibly having enough pieces to meet the 35% ratio. I guess it's something to keep an eye on in the weeks ahead. Next week could tell a different story :)

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friends xlt got built priority 19 with hitch and moon roof. My xl got pushed to 1/23 with hitch priority 10? Same dealer ordered 5 minutes apart. Just seems random

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the hitch from my order as I really don’t need it and I can add one later if I do. Yes it will cost more but if removing it helps even a little I’m fine with that.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plus, if they really wanted people to drop standalone hitches, they'd charge more than $100. No way I can get an aftermarket one installed for that price.
it seems pretty clear that ford would rather take the passive aggressive approach and just not build it rather than raising the price to deter people from buying it.

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The 19th is my birthday so I hope mine get scheduled.

Sponsored

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
The scheduling people are keeping busy.

My Ecoboost/XLT/LUX/360 was scheduled last Thursday(1/12) for the week of March 6.

This evening (Tuesday 1/17) I got an email that is has already been rescheduled for the week of March 20th.

I got the email at about 8:30 PM eastern time so somebody must be working late tonight.

CRM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tow hitch is the hitch and wiring. Both of which are installed at the factory and cannot simply be tacked on by the dealer.

As for the mudflaps, who knows why Ford hasn't gone that route.
Why not? My dealer suggested not adding the hitch or spray in bedliner to the order to avoid delays and will be completed when it gets to the dealership so we'll see I guess.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost