First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tow hitch is the hitch and wiring. Both of which are installed at the factory and cannot simply be tacked on by the dealer.

As for the mudflaps, who knows why Ford hasn't gone that route.
I cannot speak directly for the Maverick. Never been under one to inspect it. BUT...every Ford I have owned that could have a factory hitch installed....had what was needed to simply bolt on a factory hitch after delivered. We done that at dealers for years on stock unit trucks too. Not always a Ford hitch, but even the aftermarket hitches would use the Ford holes or threaded mounting points already in the frame. Most if not all also had the 4 pin or 7 pin electrical harness installed from the factory. You could order the kit from Ford to simply add the visible part of the 4 pin/7 pin harness to a truck/suv that did not come with that option. There ARE aftermarket hitches that fit as nicely as the Ford hitch for many vehicles.
The problem for me is the hitch is part of the package. I would delete it if I thought it would effect getting it built but that isn't possible.
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just to offer the opposing view: a hitch doesn't make it a truck, a Ford Taurus can have a hitch. A bed makes it's a truck.

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very true, although I have found that with the back seats down, my Fusion can fit an 8 Ft. ladder, the Maverick's bed wouldn't be able to do that without it hanging over.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very true, although I have found that with the back seats down, my Fusion can fit an 8 Ft. ladder, the Maverick's bed wouldn't be able to do that without it hanging over.
Ah, but the Maverick still leaves the option of not leaving the kids at Lowes while you take said ladder home. ;)

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, but the Maverick still leaves the option of not leaving the kids at Lowes while you take said ladder home. ;)
Fortunately I am single with no kids, and Lowes is exactly where the ladder came from.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
This is first time I haven't seen the Hybrid as a constraint, although I am sure the tow hitch and Hybrid will be what prevents me from being scheduled.
I too noticed that the Hybrid isn't listed as a constraint. I wonder if that's a sign of something good or wait it's Ford so know knows, lol:)

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too noticed that the Hybrid isn't listed as a constraint. I wonder if that's a sign of something good or wait it's Ford so know knows, lol:)
I am under the same impression. I think I have decided that if I am not scheduled by April, I will start looking elsewhere. I praise the people who have been waiting for over a year, I am finding I simply don't have the patience. Especially when other people with the exact same builds are scheduled and I have not been.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think even Ford knows. They also have been leaving off the XL trim even though we assume it is still a constraint.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would like to see the commodity percents this week to see if they have changed much.
Same. That had been coming out on Tuesdays in recent weeks. But that assumes Ford continues to provide that information.

I posted this on another thread. But a couple ways to interpret the lack of hybrids on the key constraints:
  1. Ford has more pieces for hybrid than planned and thus will exceed the 35%.
  2. Ford has enough pieces to meet the 35% and thus it isn't a constraint unto itself.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming (so, grab your salt shaker):
  • Ford is keeping their 35-65 ratio
  • Ford is at least matching 2022 productions numbers
  • Ford is indeed done scheduling February
Outstanding EB orders should have a roughly 50-50 chance of being scheduled for some week in March, allocations notwithstanding.

So, I suspect Ford might start pushing the hybrid-to-EB conversion harder soon.
Hoping to get scheduled but if they want people to switch they need to give a better incentive like AWD.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping to get scheduled but if they want people to switch they need to give a better incentive like AWD.
I don't disagree. But I think they will wait until the only thing keeping EBs from being scheduled is straight allocations.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is first time I haven't seen the Hybrid as a constraint, although I am sure the tow hitch and Hybrid will be what prevents me from being scheduled.
Me too.
Sponsored