First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 chevy tahoe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford is also trying to squeeze a few more cancellations from the system from those who ordered more than they really want. Probably won't work; would purchase in their name, then sell for even more with this increase. Ford needs a merchandizing department that can understand all the ramifications of their communications and policies, going backward and forward. I have always thought simple is better than complicated, but I did not attend the Wharton Business School.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I think I got everyone worked up on this price protection and I want to make a correction. COVP is not required for the price protection within the model year. That is only for private offers being issued. VERY SORRY! Dealer should use the DORA from when the order was placed to know the price that should be charged.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I got everyone worked up on this price protection and I want to make a correction. COVP is not required for the price protection within the model year. That is only for private offers being issued. VERY SORRY! Dealer should use the DORA from when the order was placed to know the price that should be charged.
Nobody is perfect,, the people i trust are the ones who are the first to correct their mistake. Thanks for all your effort on this Forum.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do people not see the prices for everything? Nobody's bought eggs recently?

I posted yesterday a 2019 75,000 mile Frontier SV for $25k, so go buy that if you think Mavericks are too expensive.
I get that, but I think every vehicle is overpriced. I'm of the thought that automobiles are now overpriced entertainment/video games on wheels for many buyers, with way too much electronic gadgets to placate the screen time generation.

The Maverick is literally the cheapest vehicle Ford sells, and the bare bones one still costs $24,190.

I'm buying A-plan (if Ford actually can build a vehicle) with the September prices, but I'm of the mind that the fewer cars you buy, the better for your future.

Sponsored

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Effective today, all trims had a price increase of $400 and Destination and Delivery increase of $100. You should be price protected by your dealer if they COVP'd your order. The person who ordered the vehicle needs to be the person who buys it to get price protection. I would request the DORA sheet from the time you ordered from your dealers. If they don't have it, they can be reprinted by the General Sales Manager or Inventory Manager.
I am correct that the dealer has to pay for price protection? I contacted the dealer and they could not tell me if I was price protected. Ford marketing could not answer my quesiton as well?

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get that, but I think every vehicle is overpriced. I'm of the thought that automobiles are now overpriced entertainment/video games on wheels for many buyers, with way too much electronic gadgets to placate the screen time generation.

The Maverick is literally the cheapest vehicle Ford sells, and the bare bones one still costs $24,190.

I'm buying A-plan (if Ford actually can build a vehicle) with the September prices, but I'm of the mind that the fewer cars you buy, the better for your future.
You're just wrong that every vehicle is overpriced, it isn't 1980 any more, and those Fords were turds on wheels anyway.

Compared to a 75,000 mile Frontier, Mavericks are absolutely not overpriced. Young people's "problems" (which face it old people said about your generation) don't have anything to do with it. It's the buying habits of older boomers & prior generations that have led to the average price of F-150's being $65,000. Young people didn't create the Platinum Edition. Be glad Ford is even interested in building a truck that costs this little. They couldn't compete with Japanese manufacturers, so they had to get out of the sedan market.

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You gotta go to this website and put in your Farm Bureau membership credentials to log in. Then you can create a certificate.

FORD FARM BUREAU

You may have to wait UP TO 30 DAYS before the system will let you log in, but many have been able to do so sooner. All depends on how often the membership databases update and merge with the system. At any rate, if you JUST joined, then you probably won't be able to create a 2022 certificate to use with your price protection from your order date in September. However, you WILL be able to create a 2023 certificate that will be valid on your truck at the time of delivery. However, your dealer may tell you the rebate "won't combine" with your protection date from time of order.

I ordered in January 2022 and joined Farm Bureau in July 2022, but even though I joined months after my order, I still had a 2022 certificate so I got the $500 off my protected price at time of order. With you folks who ordered in September 2022 and now taking delivery in 2023, I am not sure they will combine. You are still eligible for the rebate, but just may not be able to combine protected oder date deals with 2023 Farm Bureau deal. Gotta talk to your dealer about that.
Thank you so much!

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if you go to FordRecognizesU.com/FarmBureau/login/login you should be able to type in your membership number and zip code, then it should create the certificate for you.

But you could also be able to go to this website: https://www.ilfb.org/membership/benefits/, click on Ford and the dealer can use the code for SmartVincent to give you the offer with proof of membership.

This information is for the IL Farm Bureau, but the Ford website should work regardless of state affiliation.
Thank you, I appreciate your response :)

EngineeredDetails

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2016 Fusion, 2017 Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you define "private offer"? Is X-Plan considered "private offer"?

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you define "private offer"? Is X-Plan considered "private offer"?
No, X-Plan is not a private offer, but one of several discounts offered and honored by FoMoCo.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick was shipped on 1/25/23 and is now pending delivery and final prep. Using Ford's online Vehicle Order Tracking tool, I have viewed/printed my Window Sticker. Today my window sticker pricing remains unchanged, despite the 2/1/23 price increase. I presume that's also a solid indication that my dealer should be adhering to the pre-2/1/23 pricing.

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My window sticker pricing remains unchanged, I presume that's also a solid indication that my dealer should be adhering to the pre-2/1/23 pricing.
Great idea.

I super hope that is the case for my truck scheduled for production 3/15. Once I have a Window sticker I'll update everyone.

2seater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Reatta, Ford Ranger, Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a crying shame that a hot property like the Maverick is slowly losing it's shine simply because of slow delivery and seemingly inexplicable, or at least arbitrary, price increases. What was a pretty good and attractive deal at $33,525, price level 220 when ordered in 2021, has increased three times, or is it four, to the present price level 320 @ $37,250 (B4 the present increase in this thread), for actually less content than the original '22 model due to options being discontinued. Price protection appears to be nonexistent, or at least so I was told. In a competitive world, advantages only last for so long, but it seems much of that has been squandered because it seems the order mix, backlog, and capacity remains pretty much the same as a year ago. So what was learned over a entire year and a half? Precious little it seems.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am correct that the dealer has to pay for price protection? I contacted the dealer and they could not tell me if I was price protected. Ford marketing could not answer my quesiton as well?
My understanding is the dealer initially pays the full invoice price of the vehicle as established at its time of production. Then they have to file for the price protection reimbursement and receive (some amount of) that difference from Ford.
Sponsored