Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Effective today, all trims had a price increase of $400 and Destination and Delivery increase of $100. You should be price protected by your dealer if they COVP'd your order. The person who ordered the vehicle needs to be the person who buys it to get price protection. I would request the DORA sheet from the time you ordered from your dealers. If they don't have it, they can be reprinted by the General Sales Manager or Inventory Manager.
What if you change engines or trims after this date on your order? Do you still get the original price or have to pay the extra?

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would they do this when order banks are not open? In practice, it's doesn't seem like it should impact many (if they are protected). So...maybe..either:
a) A growing % of customers are not accepting their orders
b) Order banks going to open soon again
c) Can't think of another (insert good reason here)..
Excellent questions. I do wonder how many dealers actually did COVP for 2023 orders though. If I recall Ford said it wasn't required like it was for the initial model year.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Effective today, all trims had a price increase of $400 and Destination and Delivery increase of $100. You should be price protected by your dealer if they COVP'd your order. The person who ordered the vehicle needs to be the person who buys it to get price protection. I would request the DORA sheet from the time you ordered from your dealers. If they don't have it, they can be reprinted by the General Sales Manager or Inventory Manager.
does this apply if the order was already invoiced?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent questions. I do wonder how many dealers actually did COVP for 2023 orders though. If I recall Ford said it wasn't required like it was for the initial model year.
It wasn't required to be scheduled. But that is a good point. I know mine did because my status email is a week after everyone else's as that is when my COVP was approved.

Ford Maverick 🔺 2023 Maverick MSRP Price Increases $400 and Destination and Delivery Increases $100 [effective 2/1/23] giphy-downsized-large

Last edited:

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the update. I would like to see Ford show the cost breakdown on the Shipping Fee. 1595 seems like a big price for a Maverick.
I expected something because of rail strike settlement plus trucking cost increase. Lots of jobs now have hiring bonus now. Saw $30k bonus offer for pharmacist hire. Probably negotiable.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would they do this when order banks are not open? In practice, it's doesn't seem like it should impact many (if they are protected). So...maybe..either:
a) A growing % of customers are not accepting their orders
b) Order banks going to open soon again
c) Can't think of another (insert good reason here)..
It also helps them to increase the price gradually throughout the year, so the 2024 price bump doesn't look as big.

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It wasn't required to be scheduled. But that is a good point. I know mine did because my status email is a week after everyone else's as that is when my COVP was approved.
Yeah this will be one to watch for sure. I imagine Tim will be talking about it at length during a live stream. Hopefully he'll have some more insight on the finer details by then.

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't be surprised when the stealerships start translating that $500 increase to additional $5000 markup.

At least we're protected when we stick with our orders. My dealer scanned my drivers license so that must mean he COVP'd?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah this will be one to watch for sure. I imagine Tim will be talking about it at length during a live stream. Hopefully he'll have some more insight on the finer details by then.
I fully expect @fordvideoguy will have a standalone video on the subject. But yeah, with Ford saying "no COVP required" when order banks opened, I can see this blowing up in coming months.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be nice if they would adjust that for distance.
This is not that uncommon of a business practice. Many online vendors have "flat-rate" shipping. It is simpler for both parties.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Her name will need to be on it otherwise the dealer would need to put in an exemption request.
[/Q
Her name will need to be on it otherwise the dealer would need to put in an exemption request.
How would the dealership do that?
I ordered one but wanted to give it to my mom. Will it need to be in my name and hers now?

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Changes to existing orders?
It shouldn't because your price should be protected to the base price. If there was a price increase to an option that you add then that would affect it. Now if they change trims then yes they would pay $500 more.