First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that is the full sized spare. It isn’t quite as big as the regular tire, but definitely bigger than a donut. I am guessing the regular is a 14in. My current car doesn’t even have a spare, so any spare is a bonus. Lots of cars just come with fix a flat now, some run flats still, but i think that companies are going away from those more often
I hope not.....I dont know if I would buy a car with no spare....
Sponsored

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
I hope not.....I dont know if I would buy a car with no spare....
I can say it isn’t great. I had to have it towed two or three times due to this. AAA came in handy. Mine doesn’t even have fix a flat. the hybrid battery ate up the spot where the spare would be.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
that is the full sized spare. It isn’t quite as big as the regular tire, but definitely bigger than a donut. I am guessing the regular is a 14in. My current car doesn’t even have a spare, so any spare is a bonus. Lots of cars just come with fix a flat now, some run flats still, but i think that companies are going away from those more often
A full size spare is typically the same diameter, but may or may not be the same rim thickness and aspect ratio. Often times it is not even the same model tyre. This is yet another reason I suggest buying one off a wrecked truck. I really like (and yes it is a personal preference issue) having 5 identical tires mounted and with me and a spare tyre ready to be mounted at home. On more than one occasion I have hit something laying on I20 late at night and lost more than 1 tyre. Usually from what remains it seems to be 1inch angle iron which is very hard to see at 70mph and 3am

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of the best A51 photos I've seen. It looks awesome here.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can say it isn’t great. I had to have it towed two or three times due to this. AAA came in handy. Mine doesn’t even have fix a flat. the hybrid battery ate up the spot where the spare would be.
Well I've never been a big hybrid fan...but here I am ordering one....

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
dang so it's really like 34 for the hybrid 26 for the 2.0... (not 40 vs 20) the hybrid with a lot less power and potential reliability...no awd and 4k tow package option, and getting scheduled late etc, ouch

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i mean i do agree BUT, being honest, cant remember the last time I actually used a spare tire. Not in the 8 years I've owned my Canyon that I remember...
Not me...so used to it I actually carry my impact wrench, bottle jack and impact lug sockets on every long trip

Sponsored

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
dang so it's really like 34 for the hybrid 26 for the 2.0... (not 40 vs 20) the hybrid with a lot less power and potential reliability...no awd and 4k tow package option, and getting scheduled late etc, ouch
Not True. All of the mileages that have been getting posted have been from the trainers who are mainly just driving highways which is when the 2.0 is at its best and hybrid is at its worst...

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One driver does not a valid highway mileage make. Also, hybrid isn’t known for exceptional highway mileage, in town yes. Why do you assume reliability is an issue for hybrid and not ecoboost? If anything, a hybrid is actually simpler with less moving parts compared to the ecoboost.

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the XLT wheels were supposed to be painted black? Those look pretty grey..

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One driver does not a valid highway mileage make. Also, hybrid isn’t known for exceptional highway mileage, in town yes. Why do you assume reliability is an issue for hybrid and not ecoboost? If anything, a hybrid is actually simpler with less moving parts compared to the ecoboost.
Hybrids are not known for bad highway miles. Generally they are great on the hwy....they are just PHENOMENAL in stop and go....take this mav....rumor is 33 hwy. That kills any version of the 2.0.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget, hybrids offer better city fuel economy. We'll see what the EPA says. I bet it's going to be approx. 10mpg difference combined.

Also, we'll see which truck is more reliable.... Time will tell. I sure hope you knocked on wood when you said this...

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/highest-mileage-new-york-city-taxis-arent-what-you-think-255766
Sponsored