First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is commonplace in the car market. They are allowed to use the ratings from a powertrain shared. This one is just different enough and is outperforming.
Sorry if I was unclear. It was the second interpretation of "passing off" -- that Ford "ran tests on an Escape and told EPA they were tests from a Maverick" -- that I was thinking might be some kind of violation.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean about "outperforming." The EPA document we were discussing was an emissions report, not a mileage report. Does "outperforming" relate to that?
Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has nothing to do with EPA. Ford submitted data from a 2020 Escape for the Maverick if you read the file. While it is the same engine Ford didn't want to do the test all over again for the Maverick. This understandably didn't fly with the EPA and they are making Ford actual test the vehicle they summit the paperwork for.

Pretty much Ford tried to pull a fast one, which might be common in the auto industry?
Big claim, what is your source?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tunafish said: It has nothing to do with EPA. Ford submitted data from a 2020 Escape for the Maverick if you read the file.

Big claim, what is your source?
Good question. The only file I've seen linked here is this one: No#.PDF (epa.gov) It talks about the 2022 Escape and the 2022 Maverick, but doesn't say anything about the 2020 Escape.

Maybe @Tunafish can give us a link to the file he/she is talking about. There are so many threads here that it could be referenced somewhere, but I can't find it.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Our source at Ford has just confirmed the OKTB (ok-to-buy) date for the Maverick Hybrid is December 8, 2021, due to the emission certification delay. This info originates directly from Hermosillo plant.

It remains to be seen if this date holds, but we should be less than two months away from the first saleable hybrid Mavericks.

As for EPA MPG release for the Hybrid Maverick, the source isn't 100% certain, but thinks that it should also be released on the same date.
Our source at Ford has just confirmed the OKTB (ok-to-buy) date for the Maverick Hybrid is December 8, 2021, due to the emission certification delay. This info originates directly from Hermosillo plant.

It remains to be seen if this date holds, but we should be less than two months away from the first saleable hybrid Mavericks.

As for EPA MPG release for the Hybrid Maverick, the source isn't 100% certain, but thinks that it should also be released on the same date.
This is cool…. But that doesn’t end the chip shortage. Might be ok to buy then, but doubtful we’ll see production begin then. Just got this my news feed:
https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-stops-maverick-and-bronco-sport-production
🤷🏼‍♂️

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They've already been producing hybrids.... mostly hybrids are scheduled for production moving forward as well...
How do you know mostly hybrids are scheduled going forward?

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Just from the post on the weekly build notification threads. Most of the people on Thursdays saying the received build emails are hybrids. I know we're a small sample size of overall Maverick orders but it's still encouraging compared to a few weeks ago.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heck I’d like to do that too if that was possible and I live in Vermont
I think charging the CUSTOMER destination charge is wrong…..It should be up to the dealer to pay the charge for delivering it to their dealership so it can be sold.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think charging the CUSTOMER destination charge is wrong…..It should be up to the dealer to pay the charge for delivering it to their dealership so it can be sold.
You'll pay for it whichever column they put it in. Probably would be marked up even more by the dealers.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'll pay for it whichever column they put it in. Probably would be marked up even more by the dealers.
Exactly, not having a destination charge wouldn't lower the price - Ford isn't in the business of providing handouts. It'll be baked into the price somehow, what difference does it make how it is listed? The only thing that is important is out-the-door price and the Maverick (at MSRP) is a steal compared to anything else on the market.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because the Emissions and MPG are done at the same time in the same lab by the same techs! It states it right in the EPA's guide on what they do! As it seems you want everyone else to do the work for you and then all you do is question their integrity. Maybe you should do some research yourself for once!!
Oouch!! That’s a little harsh.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the Emissions and MPG are done at the same time in the same lab by the same techs! It states it right in the EPA's guide on what they do! As it seems you want everyone else to do the work for you and then all you do is question their integrity. Maybe you should do some research yourself for once!!
Ford Maverick 📢 OKTB Hybrid Maverick Date Confirmed = 12/8/21 SaltBae 17102021150643

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which in turn the dealership would tack onto the selling price as a dealer add on.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry just tired of hearing the same old dribble! We will know when we Know and the time for that is not for us to determine!
Ford Maverick 📢 OKTB Hybrid Maverick Date Confirmed = 12/8/21 GifMeme16210117102021
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.