First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Confused: Does this mean if I have a 11/01 build date (which so far hasn't changed) that it can still ship to the dealership, just not be sold til after that date?
I wasn't expecting it til the 1st or 2nd week of December anyway.
In the past, I have seen vehicles on the dealer lot with the sign in the window "not for sale", and maybe lacking the Munroney MSRP sticker.
If you think about it, there is capacity for transporting XXX number of vehicles in a time period. If you build and stack at the plant, your outflow rate will be that XXX which could limit production should you run out of room, even if ALL holds and material problems disappear. There are thousands of F-150 trucks sitting at a racetrack that will have to be shipped. If they wait much more, they will have a big problem reducing that herd, limited by the rail/convoy capacity.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is good-ish news and all. Does absolutely nothing to change my mind that I won't have my Mav til April (at the least).
But hooray for discussion!

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey at least those hybrids sitting around waiting for the OKTB should have good dry paint. Plenty of cure time in that nice hot sun!

There used to be a body shop in these parts many years ago called "Paint & Bake".

Ford could market their Hermisillo paint jobs as, "Desert cured for three months"

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
What about all the paperwork, though?!? Someone has to file the paperwork!
I don't understand, what paperwork?

You drive the trucks into the holding pen (First In). You keep stacking them in the pen. When the date comes for OKTB, you go around and open another gate and load them onto the truck or rail from the First In end. WHAT paperwork are you talking about?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You drive the trucks into the holding pen (First In). You keep stacking them in the pen. When the date comes for OKTB, you go around and open another gate and load them onto the truck or rail from the First In end. WHAT paperwork are you talking about?
Except Ford is notorious for first in LAST out.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You know... THE paperwork. 😉

(I was trying, and apparently failing, to be funny)

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's an easy solution to that problem; put a gate at each end of the holding area. You load through one gate all the way to the front. When OKTB time comes, you go around and open the other gate and remove from there.

I'm no engineer and can figure that out. ;)
If you have ever watched a video, the new vehicles are put nose to tail in several long parallel lines. Unless you want to back the newest out of the lanes to load onto the rail or truck, the first built will be the first out. OTOH, I have not been involved nor watched one in a while, so what I say may well be taken with a large grain of salt.
tom

Sponsored
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not putting too much stock in this date.
Everyone is free to believe or not believe. (y)

We're simply passing on info that we received today from a verified credible Ford employee source.

We ourselves will be watching to see if OKTB drops on 12/8.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have ever watched a video, the new vehicles are put nose to tail in several long parallel lines. Unless you want to back the newest out of the lanes to load onto the rail or truck, the first built will be the first out. OTOH, I have not been involved nor watched one in a while, so what I say may well be taken with a large grain of salt.
tom
That's what I was thinking and trying to get to. Just wasn't aware it was the process.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.