coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Squeaky Wheel Gets Greased! AWD upgrade being paid for by Ford! *fist pump*

Appearances are everything. Customers feeling a bait and switch was happening makes for unhappy peeps. I think my complaints made a difference. The following was sent to all dealerships:

INFORMATION

2022MY Maverick FWD Gas & 4K Tow Package Buildable Combination Change - Customer Specific Private Offer Details

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Please re-spec, reorder, or cancel any 22MY Maverick stock or retail orders including FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Tow Pkg (53Q).
  • For those customers that choose to change their order from a FWD to AWD, a customer specific private offer has been created to cover the full cost of AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP).
SUMMARY
Due to recent engineering and performance evaluations it has been determined to remove the FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) combination from the 22MY Maverick offering, across all series. As of mid-August this specific combination was removed from dealer ordering through WBDO and CONCEPS, so no new orders with this combination could be placed.

Retail and stock unit orders will need to be either cancelled, reordered as an All-Wheel Drive (W8F), or re-spec’d to delete the 4K Tow Pkg (53Q) in order to be a clean buildable order.

Change Order Options:
  1. Reorder to include AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP)
  2. Re-spec to remove 4K Tow Pkg (53Q)
    • Base vehicle towing remains 2,000 lbs.
    • Vehicle may be spec’ed with Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector (60B) ($100 MSRP)
  3. Cancel the order
MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274)
A Private Offer has been created for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available. Ford is offering $2,220 Open Bonus Cash to cover the cost difference from FWD to AWD ($2,220 MSRP) should customers choose to upgrade to the 22MY Maverick Gas AWD with the 4K Towing Package.

Eligible on 22MY Maverick Gas that are equipped with AWD (W8F) and 4Q Tow Package (53Q).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anturok

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat w/ 4k tow pkg
I would like $2220 off my price too please.

If someone who ordered AWD and 4k tow pkg from the start does decide to ask their dealer if they are eligible let us know how it goes, haha.

Last edited:

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Ford is offering $2,220 Open Bonus Cash to cover the cost difference from FWD to AWD ($2,220 MSRP) should customers choose to upgrade to the 22MY Maverick Gas AWD with the 4K Towing Package.
So Ford is giving customers who ordered FWD with 4k the AWD option for free.. sounds like a good deal to me. What are we mad about again? (edited because OP edited)

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appearances are everything.

A Private Offer has been created for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available. Ford is offering $2,220 Open Bonus Cash to cover the cost difference from FWD to AWD ($2,220 MSRP) should customers choose to upgrade to the 22MY Maverick Gas AWD with the 4K Towing Package.

Eligible on 22MY Maverick Gas that are equipped with AWD (W8F) and 4Q Tow Package (53Q).
Very nice of Ford to make those who ordered their Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) whole as in getting the AWD for no out of pocket money.

I don't believe it ever was a Bait n' Switch. As Ford states further testing showed them that FWD and 4K Towing was probably going to be an issue for both Ford (warranty costs) and buyers (in the shop for repairs).

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! i sent the info you provided to my dealer to see if they would be able to help take advantage of the offer.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So those of us that knew that combination would not work and ordered it the correct way from the start, can we get in on the $2220 bonus cash?
Yeah probably not.
Actually we might.

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Cool. I had originally placed an order with that configuration but had them change it the day we heard it was going to needed to be AWD. Hoping they honor this offer since I changed my order before the offer came out.

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very nice of Ford to make those who ordered their Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) whole as in getting the AWD for no out of pocket money.

I don't believe it ever was a Bait n' Switch. As Ford states further testing showed them that FWD and 4K Towing was probably going to be an issue for both Ford (warranty costs) and buyers (in the shop for repairs).
Totally agree, I don't think it was a bait and switch either. Just needed better judgement.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The following was sent to all dealerships:

INFORMATION

2022MY Maverick FWD Gas & 4K Tow Package Buildable Combination Change - Customer Specific Private Offer Details

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Please re-spec, reorder, or cancel any 22MY Maverick stock or retail orders including FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Tow Pkg (53Q).
  • For those customers that choose to change their order from a FWD to AWD, a customer specific private offer has been created to cover the full cost of AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP).
SUMMARY
Due to recent engineering and performance evaluations it has been determined to remove the FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) combination from the 22MY Maverick offering, across all series. As of mid-August this specific combination was removed from dealer ordering through WBDO and CONCEPS, so no new orders with this combination could be placed.

Retail and stock unit orders will need to be either cancelled, reordered as an All-Wheel Drive (W8F), or re-spec’d to delete the 4K Tow Pkg (53Q) in order to be a clean buildable order.

Change Order Options:
  1. Reorder to include AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP)
  2. Re-spec to remove 4K Tow Pkg (53Q)
    • Base vehicle towing remains 2,000 lbs.
    • Vehicle may be spec’ed with Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector (60B) ($100 MSRP)
  3. Cancel the order

Nicely done! Good work! You're the best!

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recall there were a some forum members that cancelled their orders, dropped out and moved on. They will probably never know....but if they learn about this I'll bet they are pissed.

(note doesn't even affect me, I'm going hybrid, just giving my thoughts)

Last edited:

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool. I had originally placed an order with that configuration but had them change it the day we heard it was going to needed to be AWD. Hoping they honor this offer since I changed my order before the offer came out.
I did the same thing - but I doubt FORD will honor an action taken in our "thoughts" when we in fact acted specifically to get the AWD without any on record prior attempt to register the FWD 4k 2.0 EB engine... "just saying"

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I did the same thing - but I doubt FORD will honor an action taken in our "thoughts" when we in fact acted specifically to get the AWD without any on record prior attempt to register the FWD 4k 2.0 EB engine... "just saying"
luckily I have my signed DORA showing the FWD order and emails stating that I was changing it because of the notice from Ford. Dealership has been wonderful to work with so far, I'm sure they will take care of me. Seriously, Courtesy Ford in Portland has been great to work with.
Sponsored