First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My salesman gave me a copy of the email about the special offer and the new order sheet to sign which I did. He also told me to keep my copy of the original order sheet in case someone gets forgetful. I may have to change my opinion of car salespeople

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strange concept free?

Some cad designer drew this up. $$
Numerous people made decisions, redesigns $$
Outside job shop made a lot of prototype parts.$$$
System engineers performed durability testing. In a lab and on vehicle$$$
Lengthy prototype vehicle program for different divisions, brakes, suspension, handling , calibration, engine and transmission. $$$$$

Probably a few more. So No charge to the customer, but certainly not free.

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Impreza, 07 Forester, 13 WRX
Has anyone had the issue of, when the dealer attempted to change it to AWD, the order wouldn't process because the tow package is "balanced out" I fought the dealer for 6 weeks and not that Ford has stepped in and said the AWD is covered they can't process the order.

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Has anyone had the issue of, when the dealer attempted to change it to AWD, the order wouldn't process because the tow package is "balanced out" I fought the dealer for 6 weeks and not that Ford has stepped in and said the AWD is covered they can't process the order.
I heard a week ago or so that they weren't going to schedule any more of the 4K Tows. We may have hit that wall finally.

Sponsored

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Wow sounds like your dealer dropped the ball very badly. So is your only option now to drop the 4K tow package or wait until the 2023 model year?

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told by the dealer I could drop to FWD with no tow, pay to upgrade to AWD and drop the tow or wait until 2023
Wow sounds like your dealer dropped the ball very badly. So is your only option now to drop the 4K tow package or wait until the 2023 model year?

Last edited:

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really?! I mean....it's great that they are doing this, but everyone should get it for free then.
yeah, what you said, even the hybrids.

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I was told by the dealer I could either pay for drop to FWD with no tow, pay to upgrade to AWD and drop the tow or wait until 2023
I would look to get Ford involved at this point. If you've been working on this for months then it should have been changed a while ago. As soon as I heard about the limitation with the FWD and 4K Tow I has the dealership change my order to AWD. Luckily they later announced the private offer to cover the cost of the AWD. Get ahold of the FoMoCo Maverick Customer Service line. The number is somewhere here on the forums. Best of luck.

Sponsored

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have contacted Ford and received a case number. The issue is that, after following up with the dealership, they did nothing with that information and now the tow package is supposedly balanced out. I called Ford today after finding that out but after an hour and 20 minutes (currently still on hold) haven't been able to get anywhere

I would look to get Ford involved at this point. If you've been working on this for months then it should have been changed a while ago. As soon as I heard about the limitation with the FWD and 4K Tow I has the dealership change my order to AWD. Luckily they later announced the private offer to cover the cost of the AWD. Get ahold of the FoMoCo Maverick Customer Service line. The number is somewhere here on the forums. Best of luck.

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Ford Woes- Contacted Ford this morning regarding my rebate/offer for the AWD. I was on the phone for 1.45 hours, 3 different departments. They finally said your dealer has to handle the potential AWD/Tow package rebate. I then called
my dealer Mullinax in Florida and left a message. Up to this point I know more then they do. They are suppose to contact their area representative. I hope I hear back someday.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't order the tow package (just the hitch) but hey...if someone wants to add AWD at no cost to my order, count me in on that action!

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Ford Woes- Contacted Ford this morning regarding my rebate/offer for the AWD. I was on the phone for 1.45 hours, 3 different departments. They finally said your dealer has to handle the potential AWD/Tow package rebate. I then called
my dealer Mullinax in Florida and left a message. Up to this point I know more then they do. They are suppose to contact their area representative. I hope I hear back someday.
Put everything in writing via email to your salesperson at the dealer. Include a copy of your original order and the details of the rebate offer. Advise them that you believe that the rebate should come to you in the mail from Ford but if it doesn't, by the time you are ready to pick up your truck, that you understand the dealership will contact Ford to obtain authorization for the rebate over the phone.

Ask them to confirm that your understanding is correct and if not, to please advise where you might be misinformed. Keep following up every few days until they respond.

Hope this info helps.
Sponsored