First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
resolved - i do not qualify. per my dealer and a call to ford. if i would have put my deposit down on that, the original reservation i would qualify. i literally placed my build before i ever searched for this forum but looked for it after i decided to buy. it was this forum i learned the reservation/order i placed wouldnt be built so i placed a new one without the tow package and that is the one that got the deposit and order actually placed. i wanted the tow package more for what it offered than towing capacity. im not against AWD but its not a needed option for my use.
All the stuff included in the Tow package makes it worthwhile in my opinion also. It would seem to help the notorious carbon buildup these Ecoboost engines have.

rlc3854

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he advised this is how it is going to work:

My new order summary shows the change to AWD. The pricing has not changed nor does it reflect the "discount".

The private offer is coming in the form of a rebate from Ford. Prior to going to the dealer to pick up and purchase my truck I will receive the rebate in the mail (snail mail) from Ford to apply to the purchase.

If for some reason I do not receive it in the mail then I come in with all of my documentation (emails) I have received from my dealer showing my purchase qualified for the rebate (and his notification of the offer) so they can then contact Ford and get the rebate applied on the spot.
I remember replying to a post of yours saying I hope you won't be disappointed when you find the FWD is no longer available with the 4K tow package. WOW, bravo to you in finding and turning it around. All I can say is I to hope to get the rebate. I will be sure to use all of the information provided in these posts to pursue the offer. Thank you!

dmbell502

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember replying to a post of yours saying I hope you won't be disappointed when you find the FWD is no longer available with the 4K tow package. WOW, bravo to you in finding and turning it around. All I can say is I to hope to get the rebate. I will be sure to use all of the information provided in these posts to pursue the offer. Thank you!
I really did not want the tow package as I'm not planning on towing anything that heavy again, wanted the extra cooling capacity for the engine and transmission but I'll take it. Thank you for your good wishes

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am happy for those who got the upgrade but wish I got it too. I have a Lariat AWD 4kTow. AWD because I was up to date and I know 4k tow is not available with FWD. I feel like Ford should give some sort of credit. Am I a bad person

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am happy for those who got the upgrade but wish I got it too. I have a Lariat AWD 4kTow. AWD because I was up to date and I know 4k tow is not available with FWD. I feel like Ford should give some sort of credit. Am I a bad person
yep.........................................................................just kidding!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I still haven't heard back from my sales rep yet but it's encouraging to see other memebers here vouch that this offer is legit. I'm guessing he is waiting to get back to me until he has verified this offer. Either that or the dealership will try and weasel their way out of it.

I'm so glad I saved my original DORA from 6/23 that clearly states XLT FWD with 4K tow option added with the sales managers signature right next to mine.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from my dealer. Ford had changed my order from from FWD -w- 4K tow to AWD -w- 4K tow with a rebate to cover the change. Ford also changed my Priority code from 19 to 2, we'll see what happens
A TAD OFF TOPIC - I see you have a Nissan Titan. When I was shut out of the Maverick FWD 4K tow package I switched over to a Maverick Hybrid and I am considering a 2022 Nissan Frontier to tow with. How do you like your Titan? What kind of MPG do you get HWY with and without towing? Just curious.

dmbell502

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A TAD OFF TOPIC - I see you have a Nissan Titan. When I was shut out of the Maverick FWD 4K tow package I switched over to a Maverick Hybrid and I am considering a 2022 Nissan Frontier to tow with. How do you like your Titan? What kind of MPG do you get HWY with and without towing? Just curious.
I have owned both a Titan and a Frontier, both were very good tow vehicles. They handled very well in all road conditions. The only downside was the MPG they are not an economical choice as a day-to-day driver. I am a bit worried about Ford as I haven't owned one in a long time

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have owned both a Titan and a Frontier, both were very good tow vehicles. They handled very well in all road conditions. The only downside was the MPG they are not an economical choice as a day-to-day driver. I am a bit worried about Ford as I haven't owned one in a long time
That is why I am getting the hybrid as my daily driver. The Frontier will be towing a travel trailer around the country.

Sponsored

dmbell502

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found a pop-up worked better with Frontier, But I had the 4 cylinder. The Titan on the other hand towed anything and everything comfortably in it's weight bracket

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a pop-up worked better with Frontier, But I had the 4 cylinder. The Titan on the other hand towed anything and everything comfortably in it's weight bracket
What I am towing is under 4,000lbs and the 2022 Frontier is a V6. The new 2022 Tundra Hybrid looks interesting but Toyota is proud of their stuff(that is why I have kept my Sequoia for 17 years) :ROFLMAO: . They have not released the price of it but I am sure it will be pricey.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered AWD without the 4K........I demand the $2200 also! :ROFLMAO: :cry:

Capt. Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IN REGARDS TO THE ORDERS OF THE FWD HYBRID W/THE TOWING PACKAGE, THOSE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE UPGRADE TO THE AWD, CORRECT? NEED SOME ONE TO CONFIRM PLEASE. FROM WHAT I AM READING IT LOOKS LIKE FORD NOT WILLING TO KEEP THIS TOW PACKAGE ON THE FWD.

GenerallySlic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TeamLinkins.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IN REGARDS TO THE ORDERS OF THE FWD HYBRID W/THE TOWING PACKAGE, THOSE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE UPGRADE TO THE AWD, CORRECT? NEED SOME ONE TO CONFIRM PLEASE. FROM WHAT I AM READING IT LOOKS LIKE FORD NOT WILLING TO KEEP THIS TOW PACKAGE ON THE FWD.
The hybrid is not available in 4 wheel drive. Also the tow package was not available on the hybrid build at all. There is a tow hitch available on the hybrid, but not the “tow package”. To be clear, only the gas models had the tow package option. Anyone who ordered the 2 wheel gas truck with the tow package can upgrade to 4 wheel drive without charge ($2200 upgrade). I’ve read this impacted only 500 trucks.
Sponsored