First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a MY22 with VIN rollover. I added the BAP, removed the SIBL, but left the CMS, Remote start system in my order when updated the order in Nov. I have a new VIN with production date of Jan 6th. Should I add the SIBL back to my order now? Worth the saving?
If you can get that SIBL added back to your order (costing $495) while resulting in a $225 discount since you already have the CMS ordered, you'll effectively be adding a Spray-in Bedliner for only $270. How can you beat that deal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the same but they added items separately and charged for the CMS and SIBL separately but will give me a rebate for it when we finalize the sale or something like that according to my sales rep. Idk, this doesn't sound right.
I haven't seen rebate mentioned as a delivery method for the $225 discount. It's projected that the $225 will come off the price around the time the final or window sticker pricing gets generated.

BobbyXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know we have options now to make changes and increase our chances of getting built in '23. It looks like the least likely to get built are XL Hybrid, while the most likely to be built are XLT EB. While EB is a no (immediate) cost difference option to up your odds, upgrading to XLT is a $2300 option to up your odds. For those of us XL folks interested in the most bang for buck, it seems changing an XL from hybrid to EB plus $2220 for AWD is a better value than $2300 for XLT "lipstick and luxury". And while $2300 more for an XLT EB gives the best possible odds, I'd much rather spend $2220 more for an XL EB AWD and get function for my extra money over orange accents and pretty rims. I don't think anyone wants to get stuck with an XL EB FWD except fleet. I bet most XL dealer stock will end up AWD. Another tough choice is whether to ditch the standalone hitch, or buy in at $750 for 4K tow to keep the hitch and keep your odds up. IMO, XL Hybrid and XL EB AWD 4K tow are the best value combos.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In case anyone wasn't already aware, another way to review/confirm what is included in your order is to review it in the vehicle order tracking system (shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking). Order # and VIN# required to access this tool.

Here's what I see for my XLT w/XLT Lux Package using the order tracking tool, with some items obviously being more significant to confirm than others:

Accessories
  • Bed Tie Down Locking Rails w/ 2 Locking Brackets
  • 400W Inverter (Cab + Bed Incl Cubby Cover) w/USB Console Rear
  • Manual Rear Sliding Window
  • 8-Way Power Driver and 6-way Manual Passenger Seats
  • Rear Under seat Bins
  • Remote Start System
  • Full Size Spare Tire
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector
Packages
  • 300A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™ Package
  • XLT Luxury Package
Interior
  • AM/FM Stereo w/ 6 Speakers
  • Unique Cloth Bucket Front-Seats
  • Navy Pier
Exterior
  • P225/65R 17" A/S BSW Tires
  • XLT
  • 17” Carbonized Gray painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Area 51
Model Information
  • Automatic Continuously Variable Transmission
  • FWD
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine

First Name
Thuy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, rdx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="JT Maverick, post:
If you can get that SIBL added back to your order (costing $495) while resulting in a $225 discount since you already have the CMS ordered, you'll effectively be adding a Spray-in Bedliner for only $270. How can you beat that deal?
[/QUOTE]

I know the discount is $225 for the combo package.
Since I am already scheduled for production on Jan 6th (No window sticker yet), Adding back the SIBL will delay my order? Or they even let me add it back at this time?

Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has updated their communication about Maverick builds and is giving dealers and customers a chance to change their options.

1671023329060.png

1671023375328.png
I am interested that in this memo they didn’t say anything about the hitch problems. With the XLT lux packages I am wondering if it’s 35% of XLT order or 35% of all Maverick orders. Makes the math different.

Jeffs72MGB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 MGA, 72 MGB, 97 Jayco, 06 Explore, 17 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy could you tell me exactly where in WBDO to find the option for the Cleat Tie-Down Kit C. My salesman is not very good at WBDO and I'm going to have to walk him through it. Thanks for all your help.

Ford Maverick 📝 (12/14/22) – 2023 MAVERICK AVAILABILITY MEMO Allows Order Switch From Hybrid to EcoBoost! + New Discount Package + Current Constraints Info Untitled

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I switched from a XLT Hybrid to a XLT EB with AWD, 360, and FX4 package. We already have a hybrid Sonata for our commuter, so having the hybrid was kinda a luxury and not a necessity. And we like going up to the snow from time to time so figured it would be worth the switch considering my old 97 CR-V is dying.

2Crew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus UX, 2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good to know we have options now to make changes and increase our chances of getting built in '23. It looks like the least likely to get built are XL Hybrid, while the most likely to be built are XLT EB. While EB is a no (immediate) cost difference option to up your odds, upgrading to XLT is a $2300 option to up your odds. For those of us XL folks interested in the most bang for buck, it seems changing an XL from hybrid to EB plus $2220 for AWD is a better value than $2300 for XLT "lipstick and luxury". And while $2300 more for an XLT EB gives the best possible odds, I'd much rather spend $2220 more for an XL EB AWD and get function for my extra money over orange accents and pretty rims. I don't think anyone wants to get stuck with an XL EB FWD except fleet. I bet most XL dealer stock will end up AWD. Another tough choice is whether to ditch the standalone hitch, or buy in at $750 for 4K tow to keep the hitch and keep your odds up. IMO, XL Hybrid and XL EB AWD 4K tow are the best value combos.
XL brotherhood - Excellent analysis. Every $ counts and DIY on the extras as you can.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That memo doesn't look good for hybrid and xl orders. If people can't change from a hybrid to Ecoboost what can they do?..
Do you actually mean if people don't WANT to change from hybrid to EB what do they do?... They wait and hope they are among those who are in the overall 35% build for the hybrid power that will be available among all Mavs, and within the allocations in each trim, XL, XLT, Lariat. In fairness, unfilled 2022 orders should get priority. Peronally my MY23 order is for a Lariat hybrid but in the meanwhile I purchased a MY22 Lariat 2.0 EB off the lot to tide me over since my '23 hybrid Lariat order priority code 19 will likely be rolled over to 2024 Mav. I do like the acceleration of the 2.0 EB which 0-60 is about 2 seconds quicker than the hybrid. I don't like the vibration in the dashboard over rough surfaces [and it isn't my loose change or stuff in the glovebox making the sound. ]

Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you actually mean if people don't WANT to change from hybrid to EB what do they do?... They wait and hope they are among those who are in the overall 35% build for the hybrid power that will be available among all Mavs, and within the allocations in each trim, XL, XLT, Lariat. In fairness, unfilled 2022 orders should get priority. Peronally my MY23 order is for a Lariat hybrid but in the meanwhile I purchased a MY22 Lariat 2.0 EB off the lot to tide me over since my '23 hybrid Lariat order priority code 19 will likely be rolled over to 2024 Mav. I do like the acceleration of the 2.0 EB which 0-60 is about 2 seconds quicker than the hybrid. I don't like the vibration in the dashboard over rough surfaces [and it isn't my loose change or stuff in the glovebox making the sound. ]
Now that the memo was explained better people are now able to switch from hybrid to Ecoboost. It wasn't clear when it first came out. Still doesn't look good for those firmly set on getting a hybrid and or XL though.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="JT Maverick, post:
I know the discount is $225 for the combo package.
Since I am already scheduled for production on Jan 6th (No window sticker yet), Adding back the SIBL will delay my order? Or they even let me add it back at this time?
[/QUOTE]
If your dealer will add the SIBL back onto your order, I wouldn't think the addition of SIBL would require delaying your production because the $225 discount originated when and appeared to be connected to Ford reporting an excess capacity for both SIBL and CMS. But I can't say for sure, and others on this forum can better answer your question.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
It took my dealer a couple tries to get my order correct. My first order confirmation from Ford was 9/16 with price level 315. My correct order confirmation was 9/27 with price level 320.

Does that mean my order date was already pushed back to late September?
PL315 and PL320 have the same price. PL315 was missing prices for Cyber Orange and Alto Blue. The date charge means that either the trim, body, or motor was changed on 9/27.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I apologize in advance if this was already answered.
If we have a production week scheduled can we still request and have this package applied?
I am scheduled for 16 January and SIBL is part of my production order already but not the cleat tie-down kit c or anything related to cargo management.

thank you for your time.
You can try but they may not accept the change.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy could you tell me exactly where in WBDO to find the option for the Cleat Tie-Down Kit C. My salesman is not very good at WBDO and I'm going to have to walk him through it. Thanks for all your help.

Untitled.jpg
Towards the bottom of the Optional equipment.
Sponsored