Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered first time in 22 september hybrid also. I am willing to switch also if it improve my probability of getting maverick in 23.

However if you read that Ford document seen in the beginning post. It specifies that those ordering in 22 have the option switch. Is that how you read the document?

If yours order was done on MY23 then how were you able to get the new ordered placed? Who did you redirect your order to? Did the salesman call you?
Here in the US, the vast majority of orders for MY23 Mavericks (which is what the memo is discussing) were placed between 9/15/2022 and 9/20/2022, during the brief period when the "order window" was open. Prior to that date, people were placing orders for MY22, not MY23...

Some number of orders that were placed earlier in the year for MY22 were scheduled, but Ford could not build them after all... Those undelivered MY22s were rolled over by Ford ("Ford" in this case including dealer participation) into MY23 production... But I believe all those "rolled" orders are (as of today) either scheduled to be built, or somewhere in the "build/ship/deliver" process.

Since MY23 orders have been closed since Sept 20, 2022, the only way logical to read this memo is that ALL MY23 Maverick Hybrid orders can be changed to EB powertrains, if so desired... The one "open question" as far as I'm concerned is whether a Hybrid Lariat (FWD) can be changed to a EB Lariat (which comes in AWD only), or if the previous rules against changing body types from W8E (Front Wheel Drive) to either W8F (All Wheel Drive) or W8G (Advanced 4 Wheel Drive - AKA "Tremor") still applies.
Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I asked my dealer about the spray in liner and cargo management system at $495. He knew nothing about it. He did tell me he can change my order. No Problem. He did say if I change my order I would lose my price protection. Is that true? If it is I'll stick with no bedliner and do it aftermarket. I left it off because that was one of the "constraints" at the time I placed my order (day 1 of order banks being open)
My sales person said these are separate order items based on what he sees in Ford's internal ordering system.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy
I already have the SIBL & asked my dealer to add the cargo management system. Should I have been specific to say the 6 D-Link Bed Connectors as well? Is that a separate option? Thanks.

dibrowz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why the XL trim would be constrained verses XLT or Lariat. The XL trim is the same truck as the XLT except it has fewer features or options. As a truck rolls down the assembly line why would leaving off options be a constraint? I think it's about the profit margins Ford enjoys off the upper trim levels that's driving this. If Ford can only make a set number of Mavericks, and the XL trim returns the least profit, it only makes sense that Ford would rather use that manufacturing ability to produce XLTs or Lariats.

If changing my current order from a XL hybrid to a XLT hybrid improves my chances or timing of getting the truck, then I'm going to do it.

RollTideYall

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2023 Lariat, Lux, CP360, CP360A, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why the XL trim would be constrained verses XLT or Lariat. The XL trim is the same truck as the XLT except it has fewer features or options. As a truck rolls down the assembly line why would leaving off options be a constraint? I think it's about the profit margins Ford enjoys off the upper trim levels that's driving this. If Ford can only make a set number of Mavericks, and the XL trim returns the least profit, it only makes sense that Ford would rather use that manufacturing ability to produce XLTs or Lariats.

If changing my current order from a XL hybrid to a XLT hybrid improves my chances or timing of getting the truck, then I'm going to do it.

Yes. It's definitely about which vehicles are most profitable for Ford to make. The XL is going to be the least profitable model.

Sponsored

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

May I ask where you heard that the SIBL is already re-constrained? I am on the fence about adding the SIBL with the CMS but don't want to screw around with it just to have them be constrained again.
From @fordvideoguy on page 20 of this post.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got the reply from my dealer. He advised that it was still a low capacity item at 39% capacity and 19% take rate. He did have the package deal with the SIBL and Cargo Management system right and for the right price. I have to say my dealership has been honest and responsive throughout this process.

odin0425

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone confirm yet that you can upgrade trim levels as well as change engine configs?

Jeffs72MGB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 MGA, 72 MGB, 97 Jayco, 06 Explore, 17 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy do you know what's going on with adding 61D Cargo Management System with the SIBL? See the attached order sheet from my dealer.
Ford Maverick 📝 (12/14/22) – 2023 MAVERICK AVAILABILITY MEMO Allows Order Switch From Hybrid to EcoBoost! + New Discount Package + Current Constraints Info Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.59.34 AM

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Just got the reply from my dealer. He advised that it was still a low capacity item at 39% capacity and 19% take rate. He did have the package deal with the SIBL and Cargo Management system right and for the right price. I have to say my dealership has been honest and responsive throughout this process.
So your dealing can add both the SIBL and CMS for $495 total?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked my dealer about the spray in liner and cargo management system at $495. He knew nothing about it. He did tell me he can change my order. No Problem. He did say if I change my order I would lose my price protection. Is that true? If it is I'll stick with no bedliner and do it aftermarket. I left it off because that was one of the "constraints" at the time I placed my order (day 1 of order banks being open)
There hasn't yet been any as yet announced price increase so losing price protection to a current price level shouldn't affect the vehicle price. Maybe financing rates.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy
I already have the SIBL & asked my dealer to add the cargo management system. Should I have been specific to say the 6 D-Link Bed Connectors as well? Is that a separate option? Thanks.
In WBDO it is the Cleat Tie-Down Kit C

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy do you know what's going on with adding 61D Cargo Management System with the SIBL? See the attached order sheet from my dealer.
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.59.34 AM.jpg
It's the 6 D Link Connectors/Cleat Tie-Downs Kit C for $225. Cargo Management System Mounted Rails is different.

New Mexican

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TSX 6M
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in the US, the vast majority of orders for MY23 Mavericks (which is what the memo is discussing) were placed between 9/15/2022 and 9/20/2022, during the brief period when the "order window" was open. Prior to that date, people were placing orders for MY22, not MY23...

Some number of orders that were placed earlier in the year for MY22 were scheduled, but Ford could not build them after all... Those undelivered MY22s were rolled over by Ford ("Ford" in this case including dealer participation) into MY23 production... But I believe all those "rolled" orders are (as of today) either scheduled to be built, or somewhere in the "build/ship/deliver" process.

Since MY23 orders have been closed since Sept 20, 2022, the only way logical to read this memo is that ALL MY23 Maverick Hybrid orders can be changed to EB powertrains, if so desired... The one "open question" as far as I'm concerned is whether a Hybrid Lariat (FWD) can be changed to a EB Lariat (which comes in AWD only), or if the previous rules against changing body types from W8E (Front Wheel Drive) to either W8F (All Wheel Drive) or W8G (Advanced 4 Wheel Drive - AKA "Tremor") still applies.
Is this confirmed, though? I've seen reputable people here say that changing to AWD from FWD is okay on unscheduled orders
Sponsored