First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Due to a new job and limited updates from Ford, I ended up reserving a regular Toyota Corolla that delivers 41 MPG that arrived in CA yesterday from Japan, and should be delivered to the dealer within a month.

While I would love to get my Maverick, I can’t keep waiting with no guarantee of delivery in 2023. With a potentially lower MPG based on my new circumstances/use, I had to move forward.

If the Maverick is scheduled I will certainly reconsider, but with a 5 year warranty on the engine, high reliability scores, high safety scores, and a ton of electronic lane features that Ford would charge extra for, I just can’t justify the wait.
I'm waiting until March or so, and going to visit my dealer. If I do not get a good feeling then regarding my Maverick order, I'm going to reserve a Corolla hybrid at that point. Then it will be race to see which vehicle arrives first.

I'd love to get the Maverick, but for the basics of what my family needs in a vehicle, I can just keep our minivan, and replace a different vehicle with the Corola.
Sponsored

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I texted my salesperson a screenshot of the memo and will see what he says about it. I have a hybid XL with just a hitch I ordered 9/17/22 and no build date. Willing to upgrade to an XLT if that helps scheduling.

If early next year I don't get some progress I am going to seriously look at the Chevy Bolt EUV and get the tax rebate and home charging system installed that Chevy includes. I'm limping along in my '06 Subaru until then...

worldco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting until March or so, and going to visit my dealer. If I do not get a good feeling then regarding my Maverick order, I'm going to reserve a Corolla hybrid at that point. Then it will be race to see which vehicle arrives first.

I'd love to get the Maverick, but for the basics of what my family needs in a vehicle, I can just keep our minivan, and replace a different vehicle with the Corola.
Sounds like a plan! I looked at the hybrid but nothing is currently available 😌. Based on highway mileage alone, it’s only a 2 MPG difference between the Corolla models and the gas only version is about $1700 cheaper. That said, I would still love another hybrid.

Good luck as I did hear Ford is looking at starting to schedule hybrids from February, but time will tell!

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I quit following this thread after 5 pages so this may have been covered but, will a hybrid to eco change push the previous (now eco) order to a priority code that’s toward the end of a dealers list? Meaning if person X was an eco order at priority 10 and person Y was a hybrid order at priority 10 but wanted to change to an eco, would the dealer put them to priority 11 effectively putting them toward the back of the line?

Please don’t respond with the “it comes down to more than just priority code. Ya gotta think of allocations and constraints” spiel, I’m pretty well versed in it. My question is will it effectively move the changed order to the back of the line.
From what I understand after watching Tim's @fordvideoguy video in the scenario you describe yes you would be behind because the date would be changed to the date you make the change. But in and of itself moving to an EB would push you ahead overall.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so i see the LUX package has re-added the leather wrapped steering wheel! i assume we don't have to update out orders to get the leather?
Where did you see that?

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know that all Mav's have back up cameras but I guess my question is if the backup camera in the Mav (non sync edition) at least beeps in a more rapid succession as you get closer to an object?
NON SYNC = NO BEEP

51mavhatter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT ECO
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went ahead and added the sibl and cargo management. Ordered in Sept and probably looking at well into next year for delivery anyway. Second FMC email due momentarily. Initially dropped sibl to expedite production so will take the free extra. Might come in handy for some DIY bed projects. Alto/AWD/XLT/LUX/SLIDER/FULL SIZE/EB HEATER. Good luck to one and all. regards Mavhatter

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, if everybody else switches their orders to EB/XLT/lariat I'll have a good chance of getting my Hybrid XL unicorn built? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Might look into changing to XLT Hybrid, if that won't eliminate the special offer...but I just don't know if I can live with the orange accents in the XLT interior.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a plan! I looked at the hybrid but nothing is currently available 😌. Based on highway mileage alone, it’s only a 2 MPG difference between the Corolla models and the gas only version is about $1700 cheaper. That said, I would still love another hybrid.

Good luck as I did hear Ford is looking at starting to schedule hybrids from February, but time will tell!
If people think Ford dealers are kind of scummy with the hybrid Maverick, try finding a hybrid Corolla. I'd even consider a Prius - while it has a virtue signaling image and has been very ugly the last few years, the new 2023 model is not quite as hideous.

I'm old enough now that I don't really care what others think of my vehicle.

My wife brought a 2000 Corolla into our marriage, and I liked that car quite a lot - the extra engineering Toyota put into making maintenance easier and how things were laid out was much appreciated.

Jeffs72MGB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 MGA, 72 MGB, 97 Jayco, 06 Explore, 17 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel bad for my dealer. They are trying to accommodate me, but with the ordering system trailing the announcement they don’t know what to do since the SIBL/61D discount isn’t reflected yet.

I just sent them the memo since those doesn’t get around the dealerships.

I still have the $335 “cargo management system mounte” on my order in addition to the $225 61D. No idea what that $335 is. Any ideas?
When my dealer added the 61D to my SIBL the extra $335 showed up. Dealer doesn't know why.

Attachments

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
From what I understand after watching Tim's @fordvideoguy video in the scenario you describe yes you would be behind because the date would be changed to the date you make the change. But in and of itself moving to an EB would push you ahead overall.
I was told by the Maverick team last night that the order date is not being used in determining Scheduling this year because all the orders came in such a short amount of time.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told by the Maverick team last night that the order date is not being used in determining Scheduling this year because all the orders came in such a short amount of time.
Thanks for the clarification Tim and thank you for all you do to help us.

brucecorporal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

well i removed those and mine got build just 2 weeks ago.............arghhhhhhhhhhhh
i'll be happy enough knowing i got one this year though!

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. Ford does something reasonable and gives people the chance to switch from a decent risk of not being built to almost certainly being built. And they get roasted for it.

And these posts of giving away free AWD or a discount, why would Ford do that? If you want to roll the dice, do it. If not, switch. Ford will make an Ecoboost and sell it either way. Just a matter of if it's for you or dealer stock.

It isn't reasonable, it's a bait and switch.

Hybrid is standard. Ford knows how many they can produce. They allowed that vast majority of orders to be Hybrid.

The EB, at the same price, is far more profitable to build. So now Ford says "Oh we actually can't build the vehicle you ordered from us, but here, take this (arguably inferior) model that makes us more profit, and you, the consumer pay the same price.

It's absolutely a bait and switch.

Am I going to sue Ford? No. It will, however, be my first and last dealings with Ford.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to corroborate this, my dealer said the same thing. There is no line of orders, just a pool that Ford picks from.
Sponsored

Reactions: HTX