First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it should show as a package discount on the window sticker for anyone that is built after their start date of the discount package and no I don't know what that date is.
Is the SIBL/cargo deal available on an XL?

If you ordered the SIBL already, will the cargo system be automatically added? I assume no.

Thanks Tim.
Sponsored

Alfred58

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just talked to Ford and they don’t have any knowledge of the special price bundle for $495. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Is the SIBL/cargo deal available on an XL?

If you ordered the SIBL already, will the cargo system be automatically added? I assume no.

Thanks Tim.
Yes they are available on the XL and no your dealer would need to add both as stand alone options to your order.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang it, I ordered an XL hybrid with the hitch....looks like im tripple constrained. I'd happily switch to an XLT with the 2.0 if it was a free upgrade, in the same way they gave all wheel drive free to some of the first orders for the my22

After waiting almost a year without being scheduled, I rolled over from a 22 Hybrid, XL, Hitch and copilot to a 23 EB with same options. Got scheduled last week. Hybrid is the biggest constraint and switching to EB should up your chances, that is why I changed. Well unless there is a giant wave of switchover to EB, then it could be different.

Last edited:

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So stupid how they didn't plan to build what was ordered. All they had to do was look at the order bank from 2022

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The spreadsheet was "back of the napkin" math. Ford said before Hybrid was 68% of orders and now say they are 73% of orders. So, either they scheduled a lot more than the planned production of 65% EB last month or the outstanding Cancelled VINs that are now included in that count.
So if I removed the hitch, I have a 73% chance of getting mine?

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty wild that Ford knowingly took twice as many hybrid orders as they could fulfill. They really need to hire someone to overhaul their ordering software.
Ford knowingly took too many orders.

Yes, because Jim Farley and the ghost of Henry Ford were tabulating each order instantly as they came in, and hatched a plot to take twice as many orders as they could build.

odin0425

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting almost a year without being scheduled, I rolled over from a 22 Hybrid, XL, Hitch and copilot to a 23 EB with same options. Got scheduled last week. Hybrid is the biggest constraint and my opinion is most ecoboost will be built even with constrained xl and hitch options. Well unless there is a giant wave of switchover to EB, then it could be different.
They are doubling the gas taxes in WA state come January. If they want me to give up they Hybrid engine and go eco boost, they could throw in an XLT upgrade. (even though I am one of those guys that HATES the XLT interior)

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are doubling the gas taxes in WA state come January. If they want me to give up they Hybrid engine and go eco boost, they could throw un an XLT upgrade.
I used to live in Washington, I understand.

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone call your dealership and notify them that Ford has released a new memo.

Sponsored

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford knowingly took too many orders.

Yes, because Jim Farley and the ghost of Henry Ford were tabulating each order instantly as they came in, and hatched a plot to take twice as many orders as they could build.
Ford had allocations for 35% hybrid and took more than double that. A junior engineer can write software that would've prevented that.

Kenn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Lexus RX 350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has updated their communication about Maverick builds and is giving dealers and customers a chance to change their options.

1671023329060.png

1671023375328.png
My Dealer has not seen this new memo or heard of it

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are doubling the gas taxes in WA state come January. If they want me to give up they Hybrid engine and go eco boost, they could throw in an XLT upgrade. (even though I am one of those guys that HATES the XLT interior)
The only reason I personally would consider giving up the Hybrid for the EcoBoost would be the ability to add AWD. Unless Ford offers a sweet bundle for EB w/AWD I'll definitely be sticking with the Hybrid.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has this memo gone out to Canadian dealers?
My guess would be, "no". But what do we know? Ford never says anything in Canada.
As other Canadians have posted: "Unlike in America, Ford Canda does not send out emails." We have too trust our dealers.

I have already canceled my first order and that was for a 2022 hybrid XL rolled over to a 2023. (With no options)
The other kicker was that my order was first placed at a 19, and then after the roll over back to 19 for 2023.
I realized that I was not seeing any vehicle stock coming into my dealer, or turning over. I guessed that they must have a very small allotment. The only other Ford dealer in my city is also owned by the same holding group and has the same problems.
Just my guess, but I was no longer will to wait three years for an order.

I have gone to another city, with a really good dealer and high stock turn over. This time my wife and I have gone over to the "dark side", (LOL) and we have ordered the Eco Boost. The dear was great, he got my new 2023 order back into the price range of the 2022 before the roll over price jump. Plus, we have a priority 10 now and a real time line.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if I removed the hitch, I have a 73% chance of getting mine?
I don't know what you ordered. If you have a hybrid, Ford's capacity to order ratio got worse, likely because of the Cancelled VINs. That means the likelihood of being randomly picked went down, all other factors not considered. IT still comes down to your specific build and your dealer's allocation.

If you ordered an EB, you should be built at some point and I don't think this changes anything. While there might be some people who jump to the EB camp, I"m not sure there will be enough to move the needle a great deal.
Sponsored