First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:

Thank you for posting.
Sponsored

markjackson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gotoboxes.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Car
Hi, after that I want to regurgitate that it might be a shock for the consumer who only cares about ford.
Thanks for sharing such a post.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks muchly! Something to do while we wait. I don't think I've ever read the whole of a manual before, but this time we'll all be experts before we even get to drive it once. 😆

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh geez. I've been trying to spend less time researching all things Maverick, and now I have 533 pages of manual on my computer... I need to have my wife add this site to the "blocked" list because I clearly have a problem.
😁🤣😁

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks muchly! Something to do while we wait. I don't think I've ever read the whole of a manual before, but this time we'll all be experts before we even get to drive it once. 😆
I got 2 manuals wrapped in plastic when I purchased 2017 Kia Niro EX. Have never opted the bags! Have had no problems using common sense as to how the car operates!

Pouncer

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
The best owner's manual I ever owned came with my '98 Saturn SE. The Maverick Truck manual is -- about typical of the genre. Which is to say, pretty disappointing. At the moment I am studying the features ordered with my Hybrid XLT, trying to identify the "features" of the order with the "operating instructions" of the manual. Pretty much hopeless. And it's even more disappointing that, having a PDF of the manual, the 21st century text search features are just as useless, hopeless, and uninformative. Just for instance, the XLT "Lux package" supposedly includes "LED Box Lighting".

What the heck IS that? Lights in a box? Cargo bed lights? A hand held lamp?

Where is the on/off switch? In the bed? On the instrument panel? On the turn signal stick?

"Ctrl-F" in the PDF for the term "box light" brings up nothing at all. Ditto "LED Box". Search for "LED" alone and you get a bunch of hits on "traveled" and "enabled" and "scheduled" ...

The Lux pkg also features a heated steering wheel. Mentioned in the manual at page 89 and on page 126. Ha! Find the steering wheel icon illustrated on 89 in the "climate control unit" illustrated on page 126. I dare you...

How hard would it be to edit manuals to match the XL, XLT, and Lariat packages, specifically, instead of a one-size fits (if equipped) all?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best owner's manual I ever owned came with my '98 Saturn SE. The Maverick Truck manual is -- about typical of the genre. Which is to say, pretty disappointing. At the moment I am studying the features ordered with my Hybrid XLT, trying to identify the "features" of the order with the "operating instructions" of the manual. Pretty much hopeless. And it's even more disappointing that, having a PDF of the manual, the 21st century text search features are just as useless, hopeless, and uninformative. Just for instance, the XLT "Lux package" supposedly includes "LED Box Lighting".

Where is the on/off switch? In the bed? On the instrument panel? On the turn signal stick?

"Ctrl-F" in the PDF for the term "box light" brings up nothing at all. Ditto "LED Box". Search for "LED" alone and you get a bunch of hits on "traveled" and "enabled" and "scheduled" ...

The Lux pkg also features a heated steering wheel. Mentioned in the manual at page 89 and on page 126. Ha! Find the steering wheel icon illustrated on 89 in the "climate control unit" illustrated on page 126. I dare you...

How hard would it be to edit manuals to match the XL, XLT, and Lariat packages, specifically, instead of a one-size fits (if equipped) all?
We had 5 Saturns, I agree those were good owners manuals; they had a lot of DIY information. I had a 2017 Subaru Forester. Here's a picture of the owners manuals for the car and its various systems.

Ford Maverick 📘 2022 Ford Maverick Owner's Manual [Download PDF Inside]! FB_IMG_1638477859180

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have watched a LOT of YouTube Maverick reviews....I know where everything is!

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nice! - I should have it memorized by the time I get my order 😀

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is awesome to never have to pay for that subscription!

Maybe the actual subscription is the shared WiFi plan and that is the incentive for AT&T to offer the remote and locator for free? Thanks for the clarity.
Or maybe the actual subscription with AT&T is for the portion of the wifi used by Ford to report information of vehicle condition and use which can be stored on cloud for whatever Ford deems necessary with the portion of the shared wifi turned on for the user of the maverick that he chooses to pay for. The user portion $$ could then be shared by Ford and AT&T. Whether user is using locator or not Ford most certainly will be doing so. Certain things of interest will become part of the trucks permanent history. (Maybe when you stopped for 1 hr 12 minutes at tire shop and when you left it takes x% more amps for drive motor to move truck = different tires? What size? Maybe a cloud search of the tire shop and your vin # during time you were there will tell them you put 31" tires on???🤔 = Possible warranty issue??. Those paying for their personal wifi usage may be paying for most if not all wifi usage for even those not paying as well as ford's usage. Also consider that when you hook a trailer up and move it the computer can report amt of electricity needed to move vehicle and can calculate rolling resistance which can reveal the approximate dead weight of the trailer. Then at 60 or whatever mph the computer can calculate the approximate wind resistance using current necessary to maintain speed and calculate how much total frontal vehicle exposure there is. = Warranty issue??🤔 = Did you exceed the recommended total square footage. Welcome to vehicles with computer chips!!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has the utilities to save the Ford Owner's Manual from a PDF format to a Microsoft Word format I will volunteer to Cut out all the junk and make it into a readable manual tool. If you have an EcoBoost Maverick the current 550 page manual covers both Hybrid and EcoBoost in the same manual, Push Button start or not you still get the 20 pages of that manual, of the 550 pages 1/2 the manual is useless for most of us....be glad to cut it down for myself and share if someone could email or Dropbox me a "Word Version" that can then be resaved as a 200-250 pages of real useful information...would also create a "Quick Reference Guide" as to how to enter the Setup Options in to the Steering Wheel pad...it could be done in 1 page instead of 60 pages.

Last edited:

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has the utilities to save the Ford Owner's Manual from a PDF format to a Microsoft Word format I will volunteer to Cut out all the junk and make it into a readable manual tool. If you have an EcoBoost Maverick the current 550 page manual covers both Hybrid and EcoBoost in the same manual, Push Button start or not you still get the 20 pages of that manual, of the 550 pages 1/2 the manual is useless for most of us....be glad to cut it down for myself and share if someone could email or Dropbox me a "Word Version" that can then be resaved as a 200-250 pages of real useful information...would also create a "Quick Reference Guide" as to how to enter the Setup Options in to the Steering Wheel pad...it could be done in 1 page instead of 60 pages.
BTW, there's now an HTML version of the owner's manual for online use. I posted a link on one of the Maverick groups on Facebook and it got flagged as spam. 🤪
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...=EN&countryCode=USA&VIN=&userMarket=usa&div=f

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW, there's now an HTML version of the owner's manual for online use. I posted a link on one of the Maverick groups on Facebook and it got flagged as spam. 🤪
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...=EN&countryCode=USA&VIN=&userMarket=usa&div=f
That is exactly what I needed....I will create a summary useful manual and if you are interested you will be the first to get a copy. Thank you very much...saved me hours of work. That link allows editing and deleting all the unnecessary text.

(y)
Sponsored