Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This great guide is reposted from sister-site Bronco6G.com (by member Ksjrb03)

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/🧭-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

First off the window sticker.

Reference example (labeled)

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1631559174311-

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1631559185611-

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617466655-

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" So this Maverick is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617679030-

This shows that this Maverick is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Maverick and Bronco Sport since they run down the same line.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617861032-

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Maverick has to go to the Mod shop for accessories fitting (tonneau cover, bed extender, body graphics, etc.) that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Maverick is selected for random extra quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Maverick has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Maverick has been built.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633618976934-

Now that our Maverick is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the plant, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Maverick leaves.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633619089846-

Your Maverick can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Maverick ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/🧭-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Maverick is sitting in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info.... It definitely clarifies that my hybrid hasn't been scheduled yet! 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Sponsored

tmazarchuk

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
One question, I was late to find out about this beauty and ended up not placing an order until 9-7-21. I have an order number (and via information here I was able to call and verify Ford does have the order) but no VIN number as of yet. Is it normal that I would not have heard anything else this long? Reading here makes it sound like most people at least get the VIN number in a week or so. Thanks!!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One question, I was late to find out about this beauty and ended up not placing an order until 9-7-21. I have an order number (and via information here I was able to call and verify Ford does have the order) but no VIN number as of yet. Is it normal that I would not have heard anything else this long? Reading here makes it sound like most people at least get the VIN number in a week or so. Thanks!!
It was 2 months before I got my VIN. The VIN comes with the "In Production" email from Ford.

breeves

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617466655-

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" So this Maverick is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617679030-

This shows that this Maverick is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Maverick and Bronco Sport since they run down the same line.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617861032-

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Maverick has to go to the Mod shop for accessories fitting (tonneau cover, bed extender, body graphics, etc.) that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Maverick is selected for random extra quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Maverick has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Maverick has been built.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633618976934-

Now that our Maverick is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the plant, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Maverick leaves.

Ford Maverick πŸ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633619089846-

Your Maverick can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Maverick ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Maverick is sitting in.
Part of me wishes I never knew. Thanks that was a lot of good info.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I only see some of the info on my sticker. Can you post exactly where on the window sticker these numbers can be found?

Thanks

Sponsored

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was 2 months before I got my VIN. The VIN comes with the "In Production" email from Ford.
Your signature is very eye opening with respect to the hybrid ordering process.
Thanks

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much. It would be great if dealerships could explain this information as well as you have.
Side note: I finally got to see a Maverick in person. I ordered my hybrid Maverick on June 16th. I'm thinking sometime late winter or early spring I'll get it. I didn't realize Ford was building Broncos on the same line.

Ksmavgal

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I'm at 3 months, no vin, no schedule (and NOT and never was hybrid....)

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good info, thanks for sharing! I got my built email on 10/6. However, I've not seen any movement on shipping yet. Tomorrow will be 7 days since I got the build notice. I guess this is typical, though I have seen others built later than mine say they've gotten the shipping notice. No rhyme or reason other than maybe shipping destination. Yesterday there was a date in shipping and in delivery, now one is blank the other is TBD.

Last edited:

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thank you so much, it's great to have someone knowledgeable with so much information.
Sponsored