Sponsored

Rick Ford

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
This great guide is reposted from sister-site Bronco6G.com (by member Ksjrb03)

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/🧭-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

First off the window sticker.

Reference example (labeled)

1631559174311-png.png

1631559185611-png.png

1633617466655-png.png

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" So this Maverick is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

1633617679030-png.png

This shows that this Maverick is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Maverick and Bronco Sport since they run down the same line.

1633617861032-png.png

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Maverick has to go to the Mod shop for accessories fitting (tonneau cover, bed extender, body graphics, etc.) that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Maverick is selected for random extra quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Maverick has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Maverick has been built.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

1633618976934-png.png

Now that our Maverick is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the plant, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Maverick leaves.

1633619089846-png.png

Your Maverick can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Maverick ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/🧭-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Maverick is sitting in.
Our Bronco Sport Badlands just shipped. When calling CSX, what is meant by the car initials? I tried FO for Ford but that did not work. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 3 months, no vin, no schedule (and NOT and never was hybrid....)
I didnt get my in production w/ VIN for 6 months from order date in July 2021. It's build week is Feb. 14th week. It's a hybrid. So that is likely the reason it's taking so looong.

mis4magic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Sienna

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

1631559174311-png.png

1631559185611-png.png

1633617466655-png.png

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" So this Maverick is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

1633617679030-png.png

This shows that this Maverick is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Maverick and Bronco Sport since they run down the same line.

1633617861032-png.png

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Maverick has to go to the Mod shop for accessories fitting (tonneau cover, bed extender, body graphics, etc.) that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Maverick is selected for random extra quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Maverick has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Maverick has been built.

1633618976934-png.png

Now that our Maverick is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the plant, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Maverick leaves.

1633619089846-png.png

Your Maverick can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Maverick ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Maverick is sitting in.

1631559174311-png.png

1631559185611-png.png

1633617466655-png.png

1633617679030-png.png

1633617861032-png.png

1633618976934-png.png

1633619089846-png.png

Thanks for the info! My order date was 9/28/2021. What is the priority number that I've been reading about? How do I find out where I'm at?

mikealti

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota Rav4
I am guessing my XLT AWD is built. I check today and Modules are all there, so computers are alive. I haven't gotten an email from ford yet but I guess it's wait and see. I am pretty happy since I had a build date of 1/24/22.

Sponsored

Eagle

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla SE
Our Bronco Sport Badlands just shipped. When calling CSX, what is meant by the car initials? I tried FO for Ford but that did not work. Any suggestions?
Hard to track when my dealer gave me a made up Vin # to order track will not work off order number at least not for me.
Eagle

Eagle

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla SE
I ordered my Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Oct 15th 2021. Have receive no Email or anything about my order the $500 I paid to place the order clear the bank.
Eagle

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my built email just now. Estimated delivery between 2/28 and 3/6. I am a happy camper.
I just noticed on the tracker that mine is marked as "Built" as of yesterday. Now I'm just trying to estimate the timeline based on real world information. The tracker is estimating delivery of 3/17.

Sponsored

iuliux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone help with some insight on my order?
It looks like it's in production but only shows as scheduled, blend data appears to have been 2/1.
Ford Maverick 📒 Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 2
Ford Maverick 📒 Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1
Ford Maverick 📒 Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 3

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like it is about to be built. The "G" below the modules is a place holder - ready for your modules to be populated. Well, all except maybe one... the one that will hold up your order. :D

Once the modules are populated, it is mostly built.

criminosis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 First Edition Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like it is about to be built. The "G" below the modules is a place holder - ready for your modules to be populated. Well, all except maybe one... the one that will hold up your order. :D

Once the modules are populated, it is mostly built.
Do they incrementally get added to that page or is it updated all at once? I'm also seeing the placeholder "G" for my order so just curious.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do they incrementally get added to that page or is it updated all at once? I'm also seeing the placeholder "G" for my order so just curious.
I'm giving up on the tracking. It is infuriating! Almost never works and just adds anxiety to this already God-awful process

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, it's all/most or nothing... 120 lines of codes... a few blank spots here and there.. but pages of codes.

My hybrid lariat lux got built today. My ETA went from 01/31 to 02/21 to 05/01 to 03/06. :) I saw the eta date change earlier today, and got the built email from Ford a couple of hours later. My build week was 01/03, order date on June 15th.
Sponsored