First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised at how many ordered 360. I didn't. I've ordered XLT, for cruise control. Can anyone explain why the 360 was so popular?
I originally wasn't going to order it because I prefer the blind spot mirror integrated when its not optioned, but changed my mind not knowing what the visibility will be without being able to test drive or sit in one. Also I figured it will likely help on insurance some since it may reduce accidents.
Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Went to the website and can't get past the first screen as the 2022 Ford Maverick isn't shown. Did you have to call them to get available products and pricing?
I'm working with my upholstery shop. I've spoke to the rep from katzkins with the shop about them they don't have the option yet on the website as they don't have the pattern at the moment. The rep said they should have them before November

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get what you're saying, in my mind these issues with the hybrid are extenuating circumstances due to ongoing global supply issues, rather than Ford doing a marketing bait and switch planned from the beginning, so to speak. I mean, it's possible that's the case, if objectively the hybrids are more expensive than eb and the whole thing is a strategy to lure in many buyers that switch to eb. But that seems a bit tin-hat territory to me.

Minor question regarding comparison to other eb/hybrid option vehicles like the Escape, are the hybrids more expensive than eb in those cases?
It's not an expensive thing. It's a sales thing. No Ford hybrid outsells the regular engine. Never has. I truly believe, and Ford has said as much, that the base xl was aimed directly at fleet buyers which would explain why it's not being stocked. He'll the powerboost 150 is far from the best selling. So yeah. Not bait and switch. Ford has announced that hybrids will be order only. I just don't think they imagined how popular it would be. After all, hybrids only make up about 2.5 percent of all us vehicles. Even GM discontinued all hybrids last year.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not an expensive thing. It's a sales thing. No Ford hybrid outsells the regular engine. Never has. I truly believe, and Ford has said as much, that the base xl was aimed directly at fleet buyers which would explain why it's not being stocked. He'll the powerboost 150 is far from the best selling. So yeah. Not bait and switch. Ford has announced that hybrids will be order only. I just don't think they imagined how popular it would be. After all, hybrids only make up about 2.5 percent of all us vehicles. Even GM discontinued all hybrids last year.
And as to why are Ford hybrids not the scourge of the earth? Ford holds the license to use the Prius's hybrid design system. One that is seriously proven.

chadmon97

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape
Been driving for over 30 years, always wanted a truck but never could afford one. They’re way overpriced here in Tennessee both new and used. So I’m pondering going with the Lariat with the lux package Hybrid because I will need to save on gas to help make the car payment. Lol

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion.

I had a 15’ Mustang GT with the leather heated/cooled vented seats. The heating portion worked great but the cooling part didn’t really work and the leather looked stretched and worn after a year or two. Lots of other forum members said the same thing.

Getting my 18’ GT I opted for the cloth non vented heated or cooled seats because I didn’t want to take a chance on cool ventilated seats not working efficiently.

My XLT with lux pkg comes with the heated seats which is great but I probably won’t use them much unless my back is aching. I rarely used them in my Mustang unless my back hurt.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I'm not mistaken, hybrid escape cost $3000 more than Ecoboost escape, and escape trim prices are more expensive than similar Maverick trims, I still see this as a hard comparison to make directly with the Maverick when hybrid-eb price differences are waived and hybrid is marketed as standard, and it comes in relatively CHEAP except for loaded Lariat.

Anyway I feel like we aren't changing each other's minds lol, I appreciate this conversation though!

P.S. I tried to do my due diligence and find Escape hybrid vs eb sales numbers but I can only find total Escape sales. Any idea where to see that info? Shareholder reports?

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Heated seats and steering wheel with remote start is nice where I live. This past winter, we had temperatures below 0 as the high for 1 week solid!
Remote start for South Florida Summers at 95 degree temperatures is nice to have.

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Not arguing with you, I PROMISE.
They are selling it with a Fall Delivery. I personally feel the Hybrid requests caught them with their pants down as they weren't ready for that many at once. So to meet the promise to ship in the Fall of 2021 they are pumping 2.0EB's out the door (even though none have left the barn yet). Otherwise, from videos I've watched on "How It's Made" they show vehicles of all colors in line and the drive train comes up for that appropriate vehicle at that time. As another thread about Transmissions stated, they ONLY requested 139. So that tells me they missed the boat on orders and are trying to meet a commitment to deliver SOMETHING in the Fall.

Just my 2 cents.
You got it 100% right !!!

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The MaverickTruckClub order tracking list now has over 1,000 orders data submitted by our members! Here's an updated look into how our users have been spec'ing their Mavericks and the take rates on trim, engine, colors, options, packages and by states.

NOTE: We've just added an Estimated Build Date column to the sheet. For anyone already on the list, please use the CHANGE REQUEST FORM to add your estimated build date and it will show up on the sheet. This will help us see average time to build, trends, etc. Thanks!

TRIM
48% - XLT
30.7% - Lariat
11.7% - XL
9.6% - First Edition

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.39.07 AM.jpg

ENGINE
68.2% - 2.5L Hybrid
31.8% - 2.0L EcoBoost

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.39.17 AM.jpg

COLOR
21.8% - Area 51
16.5% - Cactus Gray
14.2% - Velocity Blue
11.1% - Carbonized Gray
9.6% - Alto Blue
5.6% - Hot Pepper Red
5.4% - Oxford White
4.6% - Cyber Orange
4.1% - Iconic Silver
3.6% - Rapid Red
3.5% - Shadow Black

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.39.28 AM.jpg

WHEELS
53.0% - 17" Painted Aluminum Wheels
19.5% - 18" Bright Aluminum Wheels
14.1% - 18" Black Painted Wheels
13.3% - 17" Sparkle Silver Steel Wheels

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.39.41 AM.jpg

4K TOW PACKAGE
75% - No
25% - Yes

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.39.55 AM.jpg

XLT LUXURY PACKAGE [AMONG XLT BUYERS]
66.8% - No
33.2% - Yes

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.06 AM.jpg

LARIAT LUXURY PACKAGE [AMONG LARIAT BUYERS]
63.7% - No
36.3% - Yes

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.15 AM.jpg

FX4 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE
83.5% - No
16.5% - Yes

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.22 AM.jpg

FORD CO-PILOT360
70.2% - Yes
29.8% - No

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.30 AM.jpg

TONNEAU COVER
65.9% - No
34.1% - Yes

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.36 AM.jpg

STATES (TOP 10)
California
Florida
Texas
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Ohio
Indiana
Missouri
South Carolina
Arizona

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 8.40.50 AM.jpg
Thanks!

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We should do a poll of where people are from. Like whether you are from a rural area or an urban one. I’d be curious to see just how many city folk ordered one vs us out in the sticks.
It would be interesting, but there's a vast spread of people who don't live in cities, and don't consider their 40k population 'small towns' rural. So if those are the only choices, the numbers will be wildly skewed.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm surprised at how many ordered 360. I didn't. I've ordered XLT, for cruise control. Can anyone explain why the 360 was so popular?
One use case - specific to the XL Trim - for $425.00 you get the Co-Pilot360 + Full Size Spare Tire + Power Mirrors.

How? ...
The Co-Pilot360 [Option "86B"] is $540.00 and the full size spare tire (as a standalone option) is $115.00, and "86B" also adds (at no additional cost) Power Mirrors as a nice bonus - therefore, the net cost for all three features is: $540.00-$115.00=$425.00 √ -Win-Win-Win.

Same reasoning when you add the standalone "in-cab 400W inverter" for $150.00 ... you then also get two USB ports in back of the Center Console (next to the inverter outlet) √ -Win-Win.

Last edited:

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a big section of the country that doesn’t need heated seats, mirrors, wipers and steering wheel. I do need them.
I am sure that I don't need them, most vehicles I've had did not have them. But now I have a vehicle with them, and what I want and what I need have been confused.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in a transitional zone (southeastern mountainous area), which means I definitely need air conditioning, but the heated stuff I could do without although my wife likes it in the winter.
I went with Lariat (+lux) hybrid because it offers a lot for the money and I believe the MZR-based engine is highly reliable having racked up 260.000+ miles on one previously.
I hopefully won't have to upgrade the audio on this one and with the fuel mileage, it should be future-proof for a while. Certainly a safe way for me to dip my toes into the water of the electric future without plunging headfirst.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. Seemed like you gotta a lot of bang for your buck with that Lux Package. I thought it was a no brainer. But, basic XLT price is pretty darn good.
right, I did it just for the power tailgate lock and remote start. Everything else I don’t care about.
Sponsored