First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People, you have to stop with the "assuming 80% of orders are hybrid" business. That is not fact, but an anecdote coming from one dealership.

Ford nor anyone not released anything in the way of nationwide data backing that up.

Just take that 80% stuff with a grain of salt, it's not fact.
but, my dealer said 96% of their new orders were not Tremors, pass it along :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They don't want to build these. The demand has been overwhelming since it first went live, and they aren't seriously trying to increase build capacity.
yeah, that totally makes sense! They don't want to have the Compact segment to themselves, don't want the lowest priced hybrid for entry level buyers, don't want to make any $ return on their investment, don't want new customers who might also/later buy other Fords, just don't want to build or sell any 🙃

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little cheeky to claim a 523% increase in sales versus prior year considering Maverick didn't get OKTB in 2021 until halfway through September and those trucks still had transit time to lots to actually be sold. While another 1/3rd or so were Hybrids destined to sit in Mexico until December.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford spokesman Said Deep claims "over 86,000 Mavericks ordered" in September, presumably most during the short order window from 9/15-9/21.

Could be bad news for us Hybrid buyers if they're only making 35% of the 86K as Hybrids, but only if the order ratio being skewed as high as 80:20 Hybrid for MY2023 ends up being true.

Attached a monthly sales report from Ford that shows September having 3,154 Maverick sales with a YTD sales figure of 51,802. These would all be MY2022 order fulfillments since MY2023 is not yet in production.

Source: https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2022/10/04/ford-sales-q3-maverick/69537684007/

September2022.png
Still baffling to me that Hybrid is the “base” model but they didn’t allocate it as such.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Isn't that the way of the world these days. Make up a claim, then expect everyone else to prove it wrong.

The onus is on you my dude.
No, since I never claimed what I wrote was fact, but speculation, now, since I have been on this forum for over a year, and have read many posts, and I look at numbers. If the Maverick is based on the Escape, the base Escape and base Maverick are roughly 8K in price difference. There is no waitlist for an Escape Hybrid, but there is for the Maverick, so why is that? So I speculate that the price is what is drawing people to Maverick v Escape. I can tell you that was my main reason for the Maverick, and there have been a few threads on why people choose the Maverick over other hybrids and trucks, it came down to price.

Even if the split is 60/40 for Hybrids, Ford had tapped into something people want and people are willing to wait for it.

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might have to reach out to Ashlie then. She didn't say how many or what trim/engine?
No other details - info came directly from Tom (owner).

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It will definitely take a while, but 52k hybrids may be almost doable for Ford. If Ford can make 110k at a 40/60 split, that is 44k hybrids for the year. So 8k rolling over to 2024. No great, but not too different from this year. The real issue will be the dealer allocations and which orders get rolled over. We know it will not be fair...
Doable yes, if they build XL hybrids with no options. But when you add constraint items that will slow production Ford won't be able to build them. The factory has production capacity.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Exactly. I don't think anyone would argue the Hybrid is much more popular than expected but to keep seeing people use the 80% figure to justify their doom and gloom predictions is a bit tiresome.
Fair enough, I backed my guestimate down to 65% Hybrid.. Doesn't really paint that much better of a picture. Ford will be lucky to produce 30,000 Hybrids as 2023 models. The 2022 model year has already been extended way to long. No manufacture wants to be delivering 2022 model year units in the calendar year of 2023. Thus I would not be surprised to see Ford ending 2023 production closer to September next year. That would mean only about 10 months of actual 2023 production, @ a generous average of 8,000 Mavs produced per month, that's only 80,000 2023 Mavericks produced in total. There is no way Ford builds even 75% of its 2023 Hybrid orders taken, and that's being very generous as well. I think at least 10,000-20,000 2023 Hybrid orders will go unfulfilled. Not a good look.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still baffling to me that Hybrid is the “base” model but they didn’t allocate it as such.
What history did they have to prove otherwise? They have offered other hybrids but they likely didn't pop like this one did. I would be surprised if the Escape hybrid gets close to 35%.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What history did they have to prove otherwise? They have offered other hybrids but they likely didn't pop like this one did. I would be surprised if the Escape hybrid gets close to 35%.
MY22 skewed heavily to hybrid, MY23 being hybrid-heavy is far from a stretch.

Sponsored

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Without question there will be a decent amount of people that ordered a MY23 and will get pushed to MY24. I say this because there is still the dealer allocation factor plus drivetrain constraints.

I even think some dealers will get their stock inventory orders first, again due to allocations and constraints.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Been patiently waiting to hear how many orders were taken during the short time the bank was open, thanks OP. Seems Ford was caught by surprise at the volume and had to close quick lol, picturing a kid surprised by a garden hose.

The 35% hybrid number has been often quoted as the max mix but -
Ford spokesman Said Deep told the Free Press. "Nearly half of the small pickup trucks or 45% sold in 2022 were hybrid gas and electric."

Now I'm picturing the Hybrid guys frantically recalculating their numeric projections.
I wonder it that 2022 is referring to the calendar year or the model year. There was likely a much higher percentage of 2022 Ecoboosts sold in the 2021 calendar year so the 45% figure could be make sense if it is referring to the Mavericks sold after the first of the year.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wouldn't anticipate seeing that 10,000 number on the regular.

Here's 2021 numbers..

1664896900157.png

2022 so far..

1664896958188.png

Ford has made it clear that they are still subject to supply chain issues across their entire lineup and are not anticipating much relief anytime soon. Some months will be better than others. Order holders with constrained items may very well be in for quite the wait even if one has an Ecoboost order. More than half of 2023 hybrid orders will likely go unfulfilled. Meanwhile, so long as Ford can build XLT Ecoboosts with virtually no options, dealer stock Mavericks will very likely become a reality soon.
They're still averaging around 6k/month if I'm being uncharitable and including the first few months of low production as an average, which is to be expected as a factory tools up and gets into production. Hopefully they can match the 10k+ they made in September going forward but who knows how supply chain issues will hobble that number. I do wonder what the ratio of Hybrids to Ecoboosts are for the September 2022 production figure of 10,094 Mavericks. They clearly are playing catch-up for MY2022 orders with that number.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tom responded to me also....nope for me as well.
Pick your posion... is it the hybrid, the Lux, the CP-360? I got em all too (although yours is a Lariat so maybe you get priority because more $$$ for them).
Sponsored