Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My rough calculations are they've built 66,500 through end of May.
Close! The actual reported sum of units built is 69,413 (last year and through end of May)

Find it interesting to correlate the total number of MTC members vs number of Mavericks sold (donā€™t get me started in the ā€˜reservationsā€™ quagmire!). Itā€™s a significant %, I think. The data analytics experts will know for certain.
Using the forum's order tracker numbers from May25 (the last set I could obtain), I claim there are 5571 valid entries (duplicates and obvious errant entries eliminated). Sadly, only 348 have reported an actual delivery date (sale). So, number of total sales attributable to those reported by MTC members would be 348/69413 or 0.5%.

Perhaps more meaningful would be an estimate of total orders attributed to MTC members. This would be 5571/100000 or ~5.6%. (Depending on your estimate of total orders. As a long timer lurking here at MTC, this seems to be a small number. However, it has been rather consistent over the last many months with small incremental growth.

Cheers.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The ā€˜members to salesā€™ corollary I was referring to is based on a MTC member total I found over the weekend (that I canā€™t find again) that indicated a member total of @ 15,000. Thatā€™s a significant % no matter the actual total of Maverick sales, even if itā€™s a combined ā€˜21 and ā€˜22 total. I thinkā€¦

Azul93GT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09'Escape LTD, 04' Ranger Edge, a couple of Fox
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting to note that the Ranger is not selling well at well. I would have to imagine the Maverick is cannibalizing at least some of Rangerā€™s potential sales.
It would make sense for Ford to pitch Rangers to their Maverick waiting list at discounted cost. I'd take the right deal.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IT sure looks like the Maverick sales canalized the Ranger sales. The combined Maverick and Ranger sales aren't as great this year as the Ranger sales were last year. I wonder if Ford is worried about this?
28+34>51

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IT sure looks like the Maverick sales canalized the Ranger sales. The combined Maverick and Ranger sales aren't as great this year as the Ranger sales were last year. I wonder if Ford is worried about this?
Part of it people are waiting for next gen ranger since this is gen is done.

KJB

First Name
Korry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
I have a Oct 21 order for a Hybrid Laret with all the bells and whistles and still don't have a build date....anyone think I might get it in 22?

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
they won't be rele
Because my June 10th order was only just built 3 days ago. You should be next. Then everyone else that ordered after August will be in serious danger of getting rolled over to a 2023. I predict within the next 45 days, Ford finally let's people know who is getting rolled over. It's going to be a LOT. But at this point, if you don't get a scheduling notice by the end of this month, I'd rather be in front of the line for a 2023 anyway. Having to pay full MSRP after waiting over a year for a truck arriving at the very end of the model year is bullshit. 3+ years ago there'd be a huge discount on most vehicles bought in the fall to make way for the new model year.
they likely wouldn't release any real backlogged, xferred to 2023 model year numbers until way beyond the 8/16/2022 order books re-opening. If they did they would highly discourage many new orders as potential buyers would realize they wouldn't be getting their rides likely until 2024.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called Ford this morning to check on status of my October 30 hybrid xl. The girl I spoke with was very polite, but same old ā€œstill in production.ā€ She did tell me she has been seeing hybrids with mid-October 2021 order dates getting build dates.
No reason they can't exceed 10k any given month if the needed materials are on hand. I believe July is a deliberate slow down and outlier month as they await delivery of many back ordered parts, then will make a big push to complete as many remaining orders as possible by production cut off. Building 30k more Mavericks for MY2022 should be easily achievable.
that plant also makes bronco sports - the capacity of the plant is about 25k a month and the b sports monthlies are usually higher than the mavericks so they're probably maxed out monthly as it is

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So...why bother cut off orders if odds are many orders roll to MY2023? They will be delivering trucks nearly 1 year out, why not keep feeding the funnel? Thinking either a) they really will finish building all the existing orders before MY23 or b) they're not happy with the way the ordering process has been managed or c) can't think of something else.

edit: I did think of a c) If they know orders will roll to the next year, they want to make sure they get next year's prices.
probably because they are going to adjust the pricing for 2023s (increases) and take a look at the modifications that they have learned from the 2022 models. They don't want to introduce any new changes during the 2022 year as it disrupts the work flow - just like making modifications on a house build plan - it adds expense and disruption and throws things off. They also don't want a big old glut of orders that couldn't possible be produced for a couple of years - all that does is to cause later orderes a lot of hesitantcy and cancellations. They can always get people to order these - just keeping things open and having more build requests (and hardly any 'real' down payment) doesn't do anything other than massage their egos.

Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gas price might be a big factor in the Ranger's number? And Ford can't produce enough of the Mavericks due to supply chain issues?

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ā€˜members to salesā€™ corollary I was referring to is based on a MTC member total I found over the weekend (that I canā€™t find again) that indicated a member total of @ 15,000. Thatā€™s a significant % no matter the actual total of Maverick sales, even if itā€™s a combined ā€˜21 and ā€˜22 total. I thinkā€¦
Gas price might be a big factor in the Ranger's number? And Ford can't produce enough of the Mavericks due to supply chain issues?
the limits are based on the plant capacity - they can produce 25k vehicles a month, as much as we know that the mav is popular, that plant also produces the Bronco Sport and that looks to be even more wanted - they produce about 12-14K BSs a month and 8-9k mavericks and then they have a couple other vehicles they produce down there so they are capped out in terms to how many vehicles they can produce in a month.. It looks to be not so much supply chain issues as capacity limitations.

smspaulding58

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order mine day 1 last June 2021. Loaded 1st edition and still not in production.
Frustration is mounting. I hope they send good news soon!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that plant also makes bronco sports - the capacity of the plant is about 25k a month and the b sports monthlies are usually higher than the mavericks so they're probably maxed out monthly as it is
I knew that. They can always add shifts and max overtime to produce more assuming they have parts. I worked in production jobs early in my career and upping production output based on need happens all the time. Pretty sure there are less ordered MY2022 BS units to build right now vs. Maverick.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I knew that. They can always add shifts and max overtime to produce more assuming they have parts. I worked in production jobs early in my career and upping production output based on need happens all the time. Pretty sure there are less ordered MY2022 BS units to build right now vs. Maverick.
Maybe with OT rates their profit margins were less than they wanted to account for and don't want to deal with it, profit margins are probably not that great as it is. Bronco Sports orders were around 125K as of last April, so likely they ended the year at 150-175K orders - based on the metrics on the builds so far the numbers of Mavs vs BS seems proportional to the orders placed.
Sponsored