Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feb 5500 (2)
Mar 5500 (2)
Apr 6000 (2)
May 6500 (2)

*1 - Pre-Production units not for sale (Aug may include some of these as well).
*2 - Ford's estimated planned builds 60% hybrid/40% EB. - Hopefully they get closer to January's numbers (or even Oct's)
I wonder if the 3,500 hybrids for March is a hard number and if Ford makes more than 5500 trucks then all the extras will be EB.
Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if the 3,500 hybrids for March is a hard number and if Ford makes more than 5500 trucks then all the extras will be EB.
I would hope it's based on oldest orders in the system and parts availability, but more and more, it seems to be based on dealership allocations.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
Feb 5500 (2)
Mar 5500 (2)
Apr 6000 (2)
May 6500 (2)

*2 - Ford's estimated planned builds 60% hybrid/40% EB. - Hopefully they get closer to January's numbers (or even Oct's)
Where did Ford announce that they are planning to reduce output for Feb - May?

And last I read, Ford was scheduling at most 40% hybrid. Did that switch too are is it a typo?

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did Ford announce that they are planning to reduce output for Feb - May?

And last I read, Ford was scheduling at most 40% hybrid. Did that switch too are is it a typo?
About a month ago, Tim Bartz mentioned it in one of his videos that the Marketing People said they hoped to flip the % (I believe starting with March builds) to 55-60% Hybrids since that is were the orders are. It all depends on availabilty of parts of course. In that same video, total builds were supposed to be 5500, 6000, 6500 for Mar/Apr/May, but in a more recent video, he said more like 5500 each month (I think the chip shortage is driving this).

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
About a month ago, Tim Bartz mentioned it in one of his videos that the Marketing People said [....]
OK, not official, but pretty darn close. Though with the source being Marketing - isn't it their job to get our heads spinning, and to keep them spinning?

Seems odd that they would slow production when the sooner the cars are delivered the sooner Ford gets paid. But with about 65% being Hybrid orders, the 40% constraint could go on forever. They may be "running out" of EB orders to build. We just don't know the total orders.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure your dealer wasn't being honest with you and that they just screwed up your initial order, since there are plenty of folks with later orders who haven't been told anything of the sort.
I called my salesman a week ago to check on this. I ordered a Velocity Blue hybrid XL with a drop in bedliner on October 30. He said he does not think my order will turn into a 2023. Still thinks somewhere between May-August delivery.
Sponsored