First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought they didn't schedule according to order dates? I've seen several posts saying last-minute orders might get pushed. But...I thought order date didn't really matter due to allocation systems, priority codes, material shortages, etc?
It doesn’t
Sponsored

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, they made almost 8,000 of them in January. If they can get up to 10,000, there's no reason they can't fulfill all MY22 orders, provided they can get the parts for all the optional equipment on retail orders. A big if, but doesn't look out of the question. I choose to believe the glass is half full.
Remember that there is another vehicle getting produced at that same factory.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember that there is another vehicle getting produced at that same factory.
They have the capacity to build over 20k units a month at that plant if they have parts easily. If they mix it, parts dependent, they could easily build 14k maverick a month out of the 20k+ production

That’s 84k maverick in six months. That would put a dent in orders I’m guessing. All parts dependent of course

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10,000? They need to make a lot more than that a month to catch up. There were 100,000 orders by the end of August.
There were never 100,000 orders. Reservations are not orders. I had four reservations but only one order.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

10,000? They need to make a lot more than that a month to catch up. There were 100,000 orders by the end of August. Sure, a lot probably dropped out, but since then, probably 100,000 more. Worst case scenario...25% dropped their orders...Ford is nowhere near on pace to fulfill 150,000 2022 Maverick orders before September unless they TRIPLE production...which won't happen. These low numbers are exactly the reason why myself and many others were just told our orders would be rolled over to 2023s.
There were 100,000 reservations, not orders. Consensus seems to be there are no more than 125,000 actual orders though Ford ain't saying,

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I ordered a Hybrid June 10th. Me and others that ordered in June/July/August were notified either last Thursday, Friday, or Monday that our trucks would be rolled over to 2023s. If you or anyone else ordered a Hybrid and don't have it scheduled for production yet...expect an very bad phone call very soon.
I have a feeling the reason that all the June/July/August customers are being told their orders are being rolled over to 2023 is because the order process was so new and the dealers input these early orders incorrectly. Then the order deadline came and went and these "orders" were never verified. Of course your dealer is going to tell you a different story so the blame is not on them. They could also of course be telling the truth, but my money is on the former...

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So...what's the difference between reservations and orders?
Long before Ford actually started taking orders for the Maverick, people could go to the Ford website and make a "reservation." However, once they actually started taking orders, all those people had to follow up with a dealer to select options, make a depsit, etc. At that point, you get a confirmation of your order, which is then processed through the dealer, delivered to the dealer to be sold to you, etc.

So, just because they had 100,000 reservations doesn't mean they had 100,000 orders. They probably do have roughly 100,000 orders, but they didn't have them all last August. And I assume they shut down taking new orders because they want to try and fulfill the orders they have. It's going to take a yeoman's effort; no one is arguing that. So, let's see how they do over the next couple months in terms of ramping up Maverick production, and that'll give us a better idea. Clearly, if they are heading into the back half of 2022 still needing to produce 60,000 trucks, it ain't gonna happen.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick January 2022 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 6,513 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 6,513 vehicles.
    • January sales represent a 8% increase over December.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 3,549 vehicles (as part of the 6,513 total)
  • Maverick Production: 7,842 vehicles. Production (YTD): 7,842 vehicles.
    • January production represents a 42.8% increase from December.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.24.56 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.25.11 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.40.50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.41.10 AM.jpg
Do you have the production numbers for each month of 2021 since orders began? Would be interesting to compare actual orders per month with production per month ;)

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
10,000? They need to make a lot more than that a month to catch up. There were 100,000 orders by the end of August. Sure, a lot probably dropped out, but since then, probably 100,000 more. Worst case scenario...25% dropped their orders...Ford is nowhere near on pace to fulfill 150,000 2022 Maverick orders before September unless they TRIPLE production...which won't happen. These low numbers are exactly the reason why myself and many others were just told our orders would be rolled over to 2023s.
by my research there were Roughly 135,000 reservations placed by the end of 2021. And fords been averaging about 70% in converting those to orders. So about 95,000 orders.
At 6000 a month here on out they will pass that by the end of the year.

it will be close

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
by my research there were Roughly 135,000 reservations placed by the end of 2021. And fords been averaging about 70% in converting those to orders. So about 95,000 orders.
At 6000 a month here on out they will pass that by the end of the year.

it will be close
Even if your numbers are correct, they don't have until the end of the year. They have until about September or October as that is when the assembly line switches tooling for the new model year.

Dat_boi_Roy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘07 Ford Taurus
I have officially given up. After 5 months of without even a build date I’ve canceled my hybrid XLT order and purchased a Hyundai instead.
I know some of you have been waiting even longer than I, and I wish you all the best of luck in getting your vehicles in a (relatively) timely manner.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have officially given up. After 5 months of without even a build date I’ve canceled my hybrid XLT order and purchased a Hyundai instead.
I know some of you have been waiting even longer than I, and I wish you all the best of luck in getting your vehicles in a (relatively) timely manner.
I'm sure your dealer won't cancel your order and will be happy to sell your truck to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, I wish there was a way for Ford to know about who is cancelling so they can move other orders up in line for folks who don't give up and really want their truck.

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
Long before Ford actually started taking orders for the Maverick, people could go to the Ford website and make a "reservation." However, once they actually started taking orders, all those people had to follow up with a dealer to select options, make a depsit, etc. At that point, you get a confirmation of your order, which is then processed through the dealer, delivered to the dealer to be sold to you, etc.

So, just because they had 100,000 reservations doesn't mean they had 100,000 orders. They probably do have roughly 100,000 orders, but they didn't have them all last August. And I assume they shut down taking new orders because they want to try and fulfill the orders they have. It's going to take a yeoman's effort; no one is arguing that. So, let's see how they do over the next couple months in terms of ramping up Maverick production, and that'll give us a better idea. Clearly, if they are heading into the back half of 2022 still needing to produce 60,000 trucks, it ain't gonna happen.
Thanks for the explanation. I must have missed that when I went through the process, I don't remember anything about reservations when I did the online bit and took a printout to my dealer. Then again, that was so very long ago.
Sponsored