Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
December production 7,536 Mavs. Not too bad with a Christmas shutdown.

Ford sold 61,575 US electric vehicles for the complete year. That moves them into second behind Tesla.

Maverick December 2022 Sales Highlights
  • Maverick December Sales: 5,878 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 68,492 vehicles
    • December sales represent a 21.2% decrease from November.
  • Maverick December Production: 7,536 vehicles. Production (YTD): 83,898 vehicles.
    • November production represents a 14% increase from November.
  • Maverick 2022 Sales: 74,370 vehicles
  • Maverick 2022 Production: 91,434 vehicles
  • Maverick was the No. 1 selling small truck in 2022

Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers December-2022-Sales-Release-Final-1
Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers December-2022-Sales-Release-Final-2
Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers December-2022-Sales-Release-Final-3
Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers December-2022-Sales-Release-Final-4
Sponsored

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
7,500 sounds about right based on the outstanding order ratio change.

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mavericks cannibalizing Ranger sales is turning into a trend. I know two people personally who recently bought Rangers that would rather have a Mav.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavericks cannibalizing Ranger sales is turning into a trend. I know two people personally who recently bought Rangers that would rather have a Mav.
That will change with the 2024 Ranger. I've debated a 2023 Ranger Tremor but can't buy an outgoing model.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That will change with the 2024 Ranger. I've debated a 2023 Ranger Tremor but can't buy an outgoing model.
IIRC, current Ranger is essentially the European model. 2024 is supposed to be the one actually designed for the American market.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IIRC, current Ranger is essentially the European model. 2024 is supposed to be the one actually designed for the American market.
Id say if they can produce a Hybrid Ranger with the restyled 24 model then there would be some good competition for the Maverick. May not be for a couple of years tho maybe a PHEV even.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick production numbers have been pretty consistent from day 1.

Ford has been building and continues to build Maverick per the production plan. There have never been any major parts issues, other than a few minor commodities. It’s never been like the F150 unfinished vehicle issues.

The only perceived problem is the demand volume and powertrain mix is different than the production plan. But Ford is not going to change that for a variety of reasons, including cannibalization of higher margin vehicles and CAFE calculations. Hybrids will remain limited, and that’s just not going to change.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The current Ranger was pulled from the global Ford lineup.

The 2022 Global Ranger has already been introduced /redesigned and is on sale

Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers December-2022-Sales-Release-Final-4

A lot speculation the US version won't deviate much from the global version as far as looks go (maybe some modifications for safety regulations) but will likely have significantly different engine/drivetrain offerings in the US.

A spy photo from Dec. 13 of a supposed 2024 Ranger XLT:

Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers Screenshot 2023-01-05 120726

EDIT: The current gen ranger rides on the T6 platform and the next-gen ranger will also ride on the T6 platform.

Styling, interior upgrades, modernization is more the efforts here and that's okay to me because I think the current gen ranger is robust as it is, just dated.

Last edited:

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fundamental 'Americanization' change to the 6th gen Ranger platform is it got longer/wider to play the same CAFE games that killed its compact incarnation.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that's backwards: in this case Rangers stole sales from Mavericks. 2023 Ranger sales were supposed to taper off anyways as a last year of current model while people wait for the new and improved 2024 Ranger.

It also shows these people were really just interested in a truck that wasn't full-size since they bought mid-size instead of compact, despite stated preference for Maverick. They could have just as easily bought Santa Cruz, Frontier, Canyon/Colorado depending on circumstances I suspect?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The current Ranger was pulled from the global Ford lineup.

The 2022 Global Ranger has already been introduced /redesigned and is on sale

Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers Screenshot 2023-01-05 120726

A lot speculation the US version won't deviate much from the global version as far as looks go (maybe some modifications for safety regulations) but will likely have significantly different engine/drivetrain offerings in the US.

A spy photo from Dec. 13 of a supposed 2024 Ranger XLT:

Ford Maverick πŸ“ˆ Maverick December 2022 and Full-Year Sales & Production Numbers {filename}

EDIT: The current gen ranger rides on the T6 platform and the next-gen ranger will also ride on the T6 platform.

Styling, interior upgrades, modernization is more the efforts here and that's okay to me because I think the current gen ranger is robust as it is, just dated.
I don't doubt the current Ranger's ability. But I recall the last Ranger simply being Ford taking an existing global model and selling it in the US. That's why it doesn't really look like anything else Ford had been offering compared to the upcoming model. At the time it came out, the F-150 was their smallest truck and who knows if Ford thought the small truck would be successful. Hindsight would say otherwise given the success of the smaller Maverick.

As such, the next Ranger, while still released globally first, is actually being designed with the American market in mind rather than as an "oh, by the way."

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't doubt the current Ranger's ability. But I recall the last Ranger simply being Ford taking an existing global model and selling it in the US. That's why it doesn't really look like anything else Ford had been offering compared to the upcoming model. At the time it came out, the F-150 was their smallest truck and who knows if Ford thought the small truck would be successful. Hindsight would say otherwise given the success of the smaller Maverick.

As such, the next Ranger, while still released globally first, is actually being designed with the American market in mind rather than as an "oh, by the way."
However you'd like to look at it, really it's just splitting hairs. We know the 2024 Ranger will adopt the C-Clamp headlights and brawnier stance of the F-Series trucks (like the Mav did). It will also have a Raptor Ranger with a twin turbo 3.0EB. But will still ride on the same platform as the previous generation, and the global version of the next gen Ranger is out currently while we wait for the release of it here in the US with anticipated production to start May 2023.

Maybe Ford built the next gen Ranger for the US and released it globally first.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love seeing these numbers. They sell a very healthy number of Escapes and Explorers, pretty neat to see. But man how in the world does Lincoln justify it's existence?

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may opt for the MY24 Ranger instead of MY23 Hybrid Maverick if it doesn’t show up before order banks open.
Sponsored