Sponsored

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
What I have a major complaint about is the fact of reading about folks who ordered months after I (and a lot of others) and have received their Mavericks before me (us)! I have no issues waiting because of supply problems or technical issues, but when I read about someone who ordered in Sept, Oct or Nov and have received their Maverick before me, when I ordered in July! Or worst yet, reading about dealerships that have stock orders for sale!! Nope, that's not right. Now of course there are some that say I should have check my dealership about it's allocation rate. Please show me where in any of the websites, adds or paperwork did Ford say that my receiving my Maverick will be based on my dealership's allocation rate!!
Please don't take this as a blast at you personally. Yes, production has only just begun, however, the way Ford has been handling the ordering system leaves a lot to be desired! Production is certainly getting better, but when Ford says, oh wait that's right, Ford doesn't say anything other than offering us hybrid folks a $50 FITS kit! Yes, I can drop my order and go elsewhere, but hybrid Maverick is exactly what I want/need and I believe in keeping these big companies accountable for what they say and for the products they produce.
Amen, ordered first week able too. Dealer didn't get it in, but confirmed June 15th! Carbonized gray first edition lariat hybrid.
Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an early August order and now have been waiting for 5 monts. Not scheduled in January or February so that would put me at 7 months without a build. And Ford wants to make all sales by ordering your vehicle and not buying off a lot. It is not working Ford. I don't want to wait a full year before my order is done. I need the vehicle now.
I would not go down this road again of waiting months on end. I know we are in unique times that are unlikely to occur again (could be very wrong about that}. If Ford wants to sell cars like this long term, they will have to fine a way to cut the wait time way down. Otherwise, many buyers will go elsewhere.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which one of you bought one of those Fusions waiting for their Maverick?:LOL::LOL:

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IIRC (I might be wrong), the 25K produced in 2021 is more than (or at least equal to) what they had expected to produce, so as long as their ramp-up in 2022 goes as planned they should be fine.
If they can't find a way to ramp up the ratio of hybrid production it won't be fine. We'll be wating here well into summer hoping to get a 2022 truck.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Covid broke the just in time model. When we get over this mess the wait times will go way down.
Give them time. Waiting for a serious recall on engine/powertrain. Just Google their history.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If FORD produced 25,880 vehicles in 2021 and sold (delivered to customer) 13,258 vehicles, where are the remaining 12,622 vehicles?

Does anybody know? They are definitely not sitting on the dealer lots in Ohio or Florida. Every time I pass a Ford dealership, I take a look aroundThe old lady hates it.

Are they sitting at the US-Mexico border?

Are they in the rail yards?

Where are they?

Anybody seen them?

Just wondering.......
Fleet orders maybe? Not sure why they wouldn't be counted as sold if that was the case though.

The question is, what do they count as being built? Maybe built just means the chassis? There could be a ton of them down there with no chips, no batteries, no motors, sitting outside the factory waiting for parts.

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Maverick XL Hybrid on order with few options, all non-constrained. It was ordered with a deposit on June 15, 2021 and I got my email confirmation on June 17, 2021. Mine was the first for my dealer (near Akron, OH) and it took them a couple days to get the order into Ford. Also got my October email from Ford regarding the Hybrid delays and the promise for the FITS accessories once delivered.

I've wanted to try to extrapolate production for the Maverick for the 2022 model year for a while now, but until these December, 2021 figures were released, I was missing some information to try to do so. It's but an educated guess based on this latest info, but production and sales of cars have been an interest of mine since the '70s. What can I say, I like numbers.

Looking at production so far, it's looking to me that about 75,000 Mavericks will be produced for the now extended 2022 model year. Some small number will be non-US and/or Canada trucks. Per a previous posting on this forum, it looks like 2022 Mavericks will be produced until about October 7, 2022 or so, an extension by about two months over what was previously expected. SInce Ford has consistently said about 40% of production will be Hybrids, that means a split of 30,000 Hybrids and 45,000 2.0 EB drivetrains. To me, that makes sense given all the chip shortages and given what has been produced and sold so far.

Ford had no real incentive to produce a lot Hybrids after the EPA certification delay was announced. It made sense to produce some, so the Hermosilla plant workforce kept up on how to produce them, but for revenue, it made perfect sense to focus on what you could sell and thus book for revenue, which was the 2.0 EB trucks.

So, assuming all this, I extrapolated, given the 2,159 Hybrids delivered and thus sold in December, ignoring the handful Ford delivered in November. I expect that for the 12 months from December, 2021 through November, 2022, there will be about 2,500 Hybrids sold per month (6,250 total), on average. That adds up to my estimate of 30,000 Hybrid and 75,000 total for the model year. (The other 45,000 will be the 2.0 EB trucks.) I really doubt Ford will hit anywhere near 100,000 produced, as Ford production has been down about 20% for 2021, and the chip shortage is not expected to start to ease until late in 2022.

That means, in reality, there have been very few Hybrids delivered so far out of that 30,000, and explains why so many Hybrid trucks are not scheduled for production yet. XLT and Lariat Hybrid trucks will likely continue to get priority, to try to maximize profit in these constrained times. Not my favorite of circumstances, but this is consistent with Ford extending the model year to get orders produced. (I expect only about 3,000 XL Hybrids like mine will be produced for 2022). It's clear to me that Ford really wants to keep it's commitment to all those who ordered a truck sight unseen. I'm also thinking that Ford cut off orders in November for 2022 Hybrids, because it hit this 30,000 limit. They just won't have the parts to make more than about this many. As the order banks were open for just over 5 months for Hybrids, that means about 6,000 Hybrids were ordered per month, on average. This also make sense to me, since we know per this forum at least, that the order rate up till then was around 60% Hybrid, not the 40% originally expected.

On production in general, Ford is having a tough time making enough electrified vehicles. My son ordered a 2021 PHEV Escape, also in June, 2021. It was rolled over to the 2022 model year, was amended with a new color choice (the original color chosen was no longer available for 2022) and as of today, it too is still not scheduled. He has also just ordered a 2022 Mustang Mach-E, which may well roll into 2023.

So, like a lot of folks, I'm frustrated I don't have my truck, but at the same time, I get it. As of December 31, 2021, just a few days ago, less that 2200 of those estimated 30,000 2022 Hybrid trucks ordered have been delivered, and thus sold. That's just over 7%, so almost 93% are yet to be delivered. Given the trickle of parts, I doubt there will many months where more than 2,500 Hybrids will be produced, and it will take until early October, 2022 to get them all produced, Yes, I may be off, but I don't think by too much.

Full disclosure: I am retired from 40 years in IT, and have never worked for Ford or any Ford supplier or dealership. The auto industry and cars in general are a hobby of mine, along with classic recreational boats. My Maverick will be used to tow my three boats, all under 2000 pounds rigged, and I was very excited when Ford formally announced the Maverick on June 8, 2021. In my life so far at age 69, I have owned 37 cars and trucks, with 12 of them Fords, the rest a variety of makes and models. I am selling a 1997 Toyota Paseo convertible (Toyota Tercel-based) and a 2013 Volvo C70 retractable hardtop convertible (loosely Ford Focus-based) in the Spring, 2022 to pay for my Maverick XL Hybrid. Will keep my 1973 Ford Mustang convertible with a 250 six and C4 transmission. (I'm into smooth and quiet, not fast and loud). In realty, I realize I will be lucky to get it by Memorial Day, more likely by July 4, and maybe not until Labor Day, but definitely by Thanksgiving, 2022.

That's the reality of production today of any electrified vehicle. Ford F-150 Lightning truck production will ramp up slowly and will likely take at least 2-3 years to fill all orders placed already. Mustang Mach-E vehicles will continue to slowly ramp up, and PHEV Escapes will also be in very short supply for a couple of years. I consider myself lucky that I ordered my Maverick when I did, and will be very surprised if I don't see my truck by Thanksgiving, 2022. Just need to be patient. At least I'm getting it for the $19,995, plus destination, options, doc fees, and sales tax. About $24,000 out the door. A bargain in my opinion in today's crazy world.

Last edited:

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply.

Could fleet orders make up the difference?

Possibly, b they are delivered, wouldn’t they be accounted for as sold? Has anyone seen any press releases from the “Fleet” companies announcing the purchase of 2022 Maverick’s?

Something just doesn’t make sense.

How can 49% of the Maverick’s produced in 2021 be UNSOLD?

How does Ford define “Produced”?

Can anyone from FORD subscribed to the Mavericktruckclub provide us with some insights?

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So even fewer Mavs produced in December. (Yes I know there were holidays). Still do not understand how Ford will produce all 2022 orders by summer. The math doesn’t add up.
we don’t know how many orders have been put in tho.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A good number of Hybrids could still be waiting to ship/in transit (OKTB was only very end of November) plus December production of both drivetrains. Also there's the units that can't be sold because of the SIBL recall. So that could explain the Built/Sold discrepancy. Also the built number includes units that will never be sold like the preproduction units or for testing.

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fleet orders maybe? Not sure why they wouldn't be counted as sold if that was the case though.

The question is, what do they count as being built? Maybe built just means the chassis? There could be a ton of them down there with no chips, no batteries, no motors, sitting outside the factory waiting for parts.

I suspect you are correct... I'm in Michigan and know for a fact there are thousands of new vehicle parked in parking lots spread out over SE Michigan. I have projects at commercial and industrial properties many of which are in SE Michigan which include a lot of vacant properties and several of them (several hundreds of acres) have been rented for new vehicle storage the last couple of years. Even before the chip shortage began.

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A good number of Hybrids could still be waiting to ship/in transit (OKTB was only very end of November) plus December production of both drivetrains. Also there's the units that can't be sold because of the SIBL recall. So that could explain the Built/Sold discrepancy. Also the built number includes units that will never be sold like the preproduction units or for testing.
I'm with Darnon. Sold plus what is shown as in dealer inventory is 13,258 + 7200= 20,458. So that leaves 25,880 - 20,458 = 5,422 on the ground in Mexico waiting to be shipped and/or the recalls executed with the gas tank and seat belt repairs, plus you have the units loaned to the press for evaluation, plus the internal units used for testing and evaluation in that 5,422. When you actually do the arithmetic, it makes sense. Once shipped, it's considered in dealer's inventory. The units on the ground in Mexico will get fixed as needed, shipped, and delivered over the next 60 days or so. Things will get caught up and then the numbers will not look so skewed.

I'm hoping that in March, April, and May, a lot of Hybrids get scheduled, maybe even mine. But I'm not holding my breath, as mine is an XL. I've seen this in the past. Base models always get lowest priority from any auto manufacturer. As I said, I expect only 3,000 will be 2022 XL Hybrids at that $19,995 MSRP (plus options), or only about 4% of my total estimated production for 2022 of 75,000. I might be off, but I don't think by too much. I also think that's why Ford did not raise the price in December on the XL models. They are not making very many, so showing that $19,995 base price is more important than making a little more money on those 3,000 trucks, even if you can't order one now at that price, anyway.

For me, to get that low price for a Hybrid truck, I'll wait. If I get it this summer, I'll be happy. If I have to wait until November, 2022, I'll still be happy. It's where we are right now in the world. Because, where else are you going to get a Hybrid truck for $19,995 base price, plus destination? Nowhere. So I wait. At least used car prices are still going up. Buy low, sell high.

Last edited:

Dat_boi_Roy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘07 Ford Taurus
Do we have any data on the number of Mavericks ordered by engine type and number fulfilled so far?

If not official data from ford can we extrapolate that data from our sample of users here?

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes sense, Thanks all for clearing the confusion.
Sponsored