Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Manual transmission are horse and buggy tech. EV maverick will be a big winner making hybrids look like horse and buggy tech.

Honestly I don't see toyota competing in this space within the next 5 years. It would eat into there Tacoma.

Edit: or worse RAV.
Nuff said…….
We’ll see….
Sponsored

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If FORD produced 25,880 vehicles in 2021 and sold (delivered to customer) 13,258 vehicles, where are the remaining 12,622 vehicles?

Does anybody know? They are definitely not sitting on the dealer lots in Ohio or Florida. Every time I pass a Ford dealership, I take a look aroundThe old lady hates it.

Are they sitting at the US-Mexico border?

Are they in the rail yards?

Where are they?

Anybody seen them?

Just wondering.......

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Average time on lot - 4 days with Dealer Markups

Just imagine if there where NO dealer markups. Average time would be 1 day or less.

At the same time this is proof that dealer marks up make sense for the market the Mav is in. Ford can't even imagine keeping up with the demand.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For sure Ford stock is killing it right now, mostly because of the EV side of things.

Down a bit today, still $23+. I bought a bunch of shares back when it was about $8....wish I'd bought more.... 😱

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual transmission are horse and buggy tech. EV maverick will be a big winner making hybrids look like horse and buggy tech.

Honestly I don't see toyota competing in this space within the next 5 years. It would eat into there Tacoma.

Edit: or worse RAV.
I agree, manuals are easily outperformed by today's auto's. Manuals are simply obsolete, vehicle makers are not going back to them anymore than the railroad industry is going back to the steam engine. I believe new manual equipped vehicles represent less than 5% & for a brand to have to epa certify another engine/trans combo, it would make no sense to do so.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
IIRC (I might be wrong), the 25K produced in 2021 is more than (or at least equal to) what they had expected to produce, so as long as their ramp-up in 2022 goes as planned they should be fine.
Perhaps the reason that total Mav order numbers are so tightly held within Ford is that if the remaining 100,000+ orders (name whatever number this may be) are made public, producing 6000 per month would automatically raise a lot of red flags OR perhaps make a lot of us realize that our orders will actually become 2023 models.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps the reason that total Mav order numbers are so tightly held within Ford is that if the remaining 100,000+ orders (name whatever number this may be) are made public, producing 6000 per month would automatically raise a lot of red flags OR perhaps make a lot of us realize that our orders will actually become 2023 models.
Certainly. No company is going to release more information than required (e.g., sales numbers) or is publicly beneficial (e.g., big reservation numbers).

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A few months back, most of us got the “fits” letter. There were two versions:
Second one first……….
It used the phrase “One of them has your name on it”.
These folks will receive their Maverick between mid February and
mid summer. No problem!
The other……….
Did not include that phrase. They, myself included, will have their Maverick by mid February, latest.
No argument. Just mark my words.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If FORD produced 25,880 vehicles in 2021 and sold (delivered to customer) 13,258 vehicles, where are the remaining 12,622 vehicles?

Does anybody know? They are definitely not sitting on the dealer lots in Ohio or Florida. Every time I pass a Ford dealership, I take a look aroundThe old lady hates it.

Are they sitting at the US-Mexico border?

Are they in the rail yards?

Where are they?

Anybody seen them?

Just wondering.......
They got shipped to the South American market!! And this is how the conspiracy begins...:alien::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For sure Ford stock is killing it right now, mostly because of the EV side of things.

Down a bit today, still $23+. I bought a bunch of shares back when it was about $8....wish I'd bought more.... 😱
I did the same back in mid 2020.

Sponsored

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Their points are valid. Ford wants to move to mostly custom orders and less stock orders. They currently show they have no ability to handle that. Ford has also shown they do not care about when an order is placed and are randomly choosing which orders to build and which to leave unscheduled.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I have a major complaint about is the fact of reading about folks who ordered months after I (and a lot of others) and have received their Mavericks before me (us)! I have no issues waiting because of supply problems or technical issues, but when I read about someone who ordered in Sept, Oct or Nov and have received their Maverick before me, when I ordered in July! Or worst yet, reading about dealerships that have stock orders for sale!! Nope, that's not right. Now of course there are some that say I should have check my dealership about it's allocation rate. Please show me where in any of the websites, adds or paperwork did Ford say that my receiving my Maverick will be based on my dealership's allocation rate!!
Please don't take this as a blast at you personally. Yes, production has only just begun, however, the way Ford has been handling the ordering system leaves a lot to be desired! Production is certainly getting better, but when Ford says, oh wait that's right, Ford doesn't say anything other than offering us hybrid folks a $50 FITS kit! Yes, I can drop my order and go elsewhere, but hybrid Maverick is exactly what I want/need and I believe in keeping these big companies accountable for what they say and for the products they produce.

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have an early August order and now have been waiting for 5 monts. Not scheduled in January or February so that would put me at 7 months without a build. And Ford wants to make all sales by ordering your vehicle and not buying off a lot. It is not working Ford. I don't want to wait a full year before my order is done. I need the vehicle now.
I ordered one in November and got an email it will be built next month.

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Maverick December 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Maverick Sales: 6,030 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 13,258 vehicles.
    • December sales represent a 134% increase over November.
    • Maverick Hybrid sold 2,159 (as part of the 6,030 total)
  • Maverick Production: 5,491 vehicles. Production (YTD): 25,880 vehicles.
    • December production represents a 13% decrease from November.
  • Average time on lot - 4 days
As a holder of a handful of shares, the other bullets are looking good as well.

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 3.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 1.jpg
Food for thought, produce the ones ordered in June!
Sponsored