Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
In business the most important thing to have is costumers. . .If ford does a poor job they will loose customers but right now they have the product that customers want.
Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In business the most important thing to have is costumers. . .If ford does a poor job they will loose customers but right now they have the product that customers want.
I really hate to say it, but I believe it to be true……….
If (when!) Toyota comes out with a competing vehicle (however you want to define it) it will TAKE OFF!
Toyota………
Build a hybrid. And……
Build an EB equivalent.
BUT…….
Offer a manual.
Update the 22RE engine, and you’ll have a tremendous winner!
Ford………
You paying attention?

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once a truck is in transit from the factory, it is automatically posted to the dealer's inventory until it is sold. This includes customer orders. That is why you are seeing vehicles listed for multiple weeks (and yes, there may be an occasional stock order in there, but that is the exception, by far most will be customer orders). These are not considered on the lot, and are marked as in-transit in the for-sale listings as well.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And the Maverick is the winner. Don't you like being on the winning team? Feels good!

Santa Cruz numbers I'm seeing are 3000 for December and 10,042 for year.
I mean, I like it in the sense that the vehicle being successful means the aftermarket and parts availability should be good for the long term.

I don't like the part where I won't have a truck for months. :LOL:

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really hate to say it, but I believe it to be true……….
If (when!) Toyota comes out with a competing vehicle (however you want to define it) it will TAKE OFF!
Toyota………
Build a hybrid. And……
Build an EB equivalent.
BUT…….
Offer a manual.
Update the 22RE engine, and you’ll have a tremendous winner!
Ford………
You paying attention?
Ford is the one ahead of the curve with the Maverick, who do they need to be paying attention to? Manuals are just not a thing of the future (I'd love one too). As long as Ford is the one pushing the envelope, others will be playing catch-up. I like the way they are moving, if you're the company pushing the envelope, the others are stagnating. The only potential hurdles at this point are ones that Ford creates for themselves...

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So even fewer Mavs produced in December. (Yes I know there were holidays). Still do not understand how Ford will produce all 2022 orders by summer. The math doesn’t add up.
IIRC (I might be wrong), the 25K produced in 2021 is more than (or at least equal to) what they had expected to produce, so as long as their ramp-up in 2022 goes as planned they should be fine.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess 25,000 produced in only really 4 months of full production gives hope that they'll be on track for 75,000 more 2022 MY Mavericks this year, eh?

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I guess 25,000 produced in only really 4 months of full production gives hope that they'll be on track for 75,000 more 2022 MY Mavericks this year, eh?
That's my way of looking at it at least. Even if we continue to get hit with supply restraints and whatnot with everything going on right now, I don't see why they can't catch up by mid summer which is when they said they will start taking orders again. I think they did the smart move to avoid what happened with the Bronco by cutting off orders before it got too far out of hand.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I sent the link of this thread to my Salesman moments ago, if only to keep some electricity in the channel. I said, and I believe, that the Hermosillo numbers from Sept-Dec bode well for Q1 '22 production numbers...and beyond.

I ended my email with "this makes me think there's a chance that the new/adjusted O/U date of May 1 (May Day!) to drive this Maverick off the lot has a chance of happening". 9/21/2021 was the date this Maverick watch began, officially.

FWIW, I'm still taking the 'over' on the May 1 date. I may have been born at night...but not last night!

Stay tuned!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford is the one ahead of the curve with the Maverick, who do they need to be paying attention to? Manuals are just not a thing of the future (I'd love one too). As long as Ford is the one pushing the envelope, others will be playing catch-up. I like the way they are moving, if you're the company pushing the envelope, the others are stagnating. The only potential hurdles at this point are ones that Ford creates for themselves...
Ford needs to pay attention to the desires of the potential customers. Folks have been crying out for a smaller PU for 20 years now. That’s why my present truck was bought new
30 years ago next month.
Manuals?
You, no doubt, saw the survey taken on this site, showing almost half of the respondents would choose a manual, given the opportunity. Extra cost? So be it!
As Satchel said …….
Don’t look back!
They ARE going to catch you.
Whoever in the Ford hierarchy came up with the Maverick should be paid more attention. I’ll bet that he (she?) will be thinking along these lines too.

Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford needs to pay attention to the desires of the potential customers.
You, no doubt, saw the survey taken on this site, showing almost half of the respondents would choose a manual, given the opportunity. Extra cost? So be it!
If Ford looks at that survey I'm pretty sure that won't convince Ford to introduce a STANDARD transmission. Less than 150 votes from over 4000 members just on this forum. Yes, almost half of those that voted but a dismal amount of interest in a Stick Shift over all. With 64% Hybrids, how would a Stick Shift even be sensible and work?

Your passion for manual shifting is warranted -- I use to love to drive a stick, they can be a lot of fun. I'm afraid it just isn't practical anymore. I'm sure everyone of us could pick one thing off a wish list of options we'll probably never see in a Maverick.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Manual transmission are horse and buggy tech. EV maverick will be a big winner making hybrids look like horse and buggy tech.

Honestly I don't see toyota competing in this space within the next 5 years. It would eat into there Tacoma.

Edit: or worse RAV.
Sponsored

Last edited: