First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's nothing in any of the reviews that makes me think that this is not a good work truck for me. I hate some of the quibbles. It has truck like steering? Who'd have thunk that a truck would handle like a truck? Only anyone with half a brain?

It's a good solid truck for those of us who do truck things with it that don't require an F150 sized truck.
Sponsored

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CNET / Says it's annoying to have to go all the way up to Lariat / Lux to get push / button start / etc - Yep true dat
OMG, if that's all you can complain about, it must be a pretty good truck. As I see it, if you want a lower cost (not cheaper) vehicle then use the fricken key (poor babies)!!🥴🥴

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty glowing comments about the hybrid here: "Power delivery is far more linear than the front-drive turbo truck, with a simple power gauge that gradually surges to show 100 percent power under full throttle and holds there as you keep it matted. Back off at cruising speeds or slowly move away from a stop, and the Maverick can motivate under electric power only depending on its charge state. Although it hasn't been officially EPA rated yet, Ford is boasting as much as 40 mpg city for the 2022 Maverick hybrid, with a 500-plus mile range. We saw an indicated 43.8 mpg on the instant readout during part of the drive, and mid- to high 30s when we were driving hard on a picturesque stretch of the gently winding Natchez Trace Parkway (yes, the Maverick can handle pretty well, too). You're not going to be giving up a whole lot over the turbo-four in the acceleration department, and what you get in return is substantial."

That's exciting... Now, if I can just get it built!

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-ford-maverick-compact-truck-first-drive-review-photos/

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OMG, if that's all you can complain about, it must be a pretty good truck. As I see it, if you want a lower cost (not cheaper) vehicle then use the fricken key (poor babies)!!🥴🥴
Lariat comes with some legit features but those interior colors can't be unseen - I do like the Active x material however.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very true! I'm not concerned about wheel spin. Since I won't be stomping it from a dead stop every time I pull off. 😂

What I do want is highway passing power. I think that's where the 2.0 shines.

I'm glad the Hybrid isn't a slug either!
Yes, the reviewers get to with drive antisocially since it's not their unbroken in vehicle. While I opted for hybrid, I plan to just drive like a normal guy not antisocial like certain small hybrid car snobs we all know.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GearJunkie: https://gearjunkie.com/?p=123438
Pretty lackluster. Basically just the PR talking points without much added. Would have liked a little bit more "outdoors" perspective.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to see most of the reviews confirm over 40 mpg for the hybrid in real-world driving in normal traffic conditions. That’s a huge relief. I’m curious what the EPA will rate the mpg at. Given these review, maybe we will see an EPA in the 40s.

all of these reviews confirmed my decision about the hybrid!

Thanks for compiling all of these reviews!

All of these reviews confirm my decision about the hybrid too - It's perfect for me. And 8 seconds 0-60 is just right - it's crazy in fact with 40+ mpg. This is my dream truck. Been waiting 30 years. Especially the FWD> I don't want AWD and maintenance and issue with extra stuff I don't need.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't think this has been posted yet, but brand new hybrid test drive:

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to that the Admins. for compiling this list. Most of the reviews pretty much highlight that the hybrid version was more than acceptable in performance and efficiency. This reenforces my decision of ordering my XL hybrid

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
All of these reviews confirm my decision about the hybrid too - It's perfect for me. And 8 seconds 0-60 is just right - it's crazy in fact with 40+ mpg. This is my dream truck. Been waiting 30 years. Especially the FWD> I don't want AWD and maintenance and issue with extra stuff I don't need.
Throw in Sync 4 with the 10in touch screen and I would have been sold !

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Base model Honda comes with Lane Keep (the full system, not the lesser version unless you have Lariat Lux), Radar Cruise Control, Push Button, Walk Away Lock, Keyless Entry (just grabbing the door). It is disappointing a 2022 only have the top trim coming with basic features (in this day and age)

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And it’s a sprightly performer as well. The hybrid’s electric power provides a smooth, strong stream of power. Driving as I usually do returns fuel economy of 35 mpg in mixed driving. Placing it in Eco mode and practicing hypermiling saw the Maverick return a stunning 51 mpg. And this from a truck that can also haul 500 pounds of 4-by-8 sheets of plywood, 1,000 pounds of cement or tow a trailer loaded with a pair of jet skis. The gas engine’s performance is noticeably stronger, but fuel economy drops to the mid-20s. And it lacks the unearthly smoothness of the hybrid. Unless you need the towing power or all-wheel drive, skip it.
Here’s the pickup truck for 2022 that gets 51 mpg (dallasnews.com)

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Throw in Sync 4 with the 10in touch screen and I would have been sold !
Yea, Ford know's what they are doing with the options list. The push up up the $$ line for the stuff you really want and before you get there it's an expensive truck - not 19,999 truck! Lol . Got to love the marketing dept.
Sponsored