First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the good ideas for simple and inexpensive modifications for our beloved Mavericks.

After reading through the posts on this thread, I decided to proceed with this mod using the short, oblong light bar install luciusxlt completed. Was very easy to complete.

Couple of notes:
1) Highly recommend using plastic trim removeable tools as suggested by DAD in the first post of this thread.

2) I removed the side badges and installed the lights in my "workshop" (actually dining room table). On the first I made the hole for wiring a bit too bit and had to repair it. With that knowledge, the other side was completed much more precisely. I wish I had a small Dremel-like tool to complete creating an appropriate size hole for this part as it would have been more easily and accurately completed.

3) After replacing the badge with light back in the vehicle, I pulled the wire up toward the front of the vehicle near the turn signal and connected the wires. After getting done with side 1, I realized if I needed to remove the badge going forward, I would have to disconnect the wires as there was no slack from front to back. Again, I corrected that faux pas on the second side, providing enough slack in the wire to easily remove the badge without having to disconnect the wires.

A few pictures to show the badge in process of being built and picture of badge opening to help others understand where the snap connectors are located.

View attachment 106222

View attachment 106223

View attachment 106224

View attachment 106225

View attachment 106228

View attachment 106230

View attachment 106231
I plan to use water resistant connectors so I can unplug and remove the fender vent completely if need be. Just leaving slack to pop it off allows it to swing and scratch paint if you have to pop it off again. I have these LEDs in my cart. I will be wiring them up only to the turn signal flash circuit.
Sponsored

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I plan to use water resistant connectors so I can unplug and remove the fender vent completely if need be. Just leaving slack to pop it off allows it to swing and scratch paint if you have to pop it off again. I have these LEDs in my cart. I will be wiring them up only to the turn signal flash circuit.
That’s a good idea. I may revisit my install and add similar connectors later on.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kevinthewild

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Adding bed cubby to drivers side and moving the outlet into it.

853B8128-DD98-4DEB-A2F7-59726D541003.jpeg

0AD2F34F-4D25-4BFE-8435-B283C82A6E0E.jpeg

486D061E-C69A-425B-ACB9-E395FAA43F08.jpeg
Once this modification is done, can you use the wiring from the factory-installed light for new bed lighting? I was planning on tapping into the available pigtails, but if I can save that for some a different project and use this instead, that would be awesome.

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Once this modification is done, can you use the wiring from the factory-installed light for new bed lighting? I was planning on tapping into the available pigtails, but if I can save that for some a different project and use this instead, that would be awesome.
YES, plugged the light button back in, and used the extra wire plug for the 12v plugs in the bed to connect it to the oem wire that went to the oem bed light that I removed and then ran wiring to a light on each side of the bed. Mark the button and light wires when you unplug, they look the same and you’ll know if you get them reversed lol

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you can use the existing wiring and switch from the factory installed light. No need for a separate switch for additional lighting.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My honeycomb screen arrived from Amazon the other day. I need to order the lighting to go with it. I will post up when done. I went to the dealer to buy a second set of the fake fender vents to do this to, since sometimes my projects get back burned for awhile, and I dont want to drive around with these missing off my truck, but ford is pretty proud of them. $125 per side. I only want to remove them 1 time to mod and done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My honeycomb screen arrived from Amazon the other day. I need to order the lighting to go with it. I will post up when done. I went to the dealer to buy a second set of the fake fender vents to do this to, since sometimes my projects get back burned for awhile, and I dont want to drive around with these missing off my truck, but ford is pretty proud of them. $125 per side. I only want to remove them 1 time to mod and done.
Wow! $125 each?! I found some cheaper ones on eBay. They don't have the trim name, but if it's only temporary, it may not matter.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i did not but it could be because i change the turn signal light with a lastfit switchback, now all of the car is led. no hyper flashing. the side emblem led bar is tap directly to the turn signal.

if you can order the lasfit switchback you will not regret it it is very bright
Rule of thumb from another member who educated me: adding an LED, no resistor needed. Swapping out an incandescent with LED, then there needs to be a resistor either as part of the LED unit or separately.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rule of thumb from another member who educated me: adding an LED, no resistor needed. Swapping out an incandescent with LED, then there needs to be a resistor either as part of the LED unit or separately.
Believe the LasFits have resistor built in. I am all LED on my Maverick and had to do nothing extra to get them to work properly.
Sponsored