First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TCTAuto 3/4" White LED Marker Light Rubber Grommet Miniature Type with Dual Function High & Low 3 Wire, Pack of 10
Rob, I hate to sneak in here but care to part with a couple spares if you have them?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the side badge lights, two connectors were used at the turn signal connector. The ground was connected to the thicker wire and the turn signal (the brighter light) was the thin wire.
The parking light (the less bright light) was connected to the headlight connector as shown in the pictures.

Oddly enough, I tried connecting the parking light to the DRL but it turns out that connection is hot all the time at the headlight connector . . . the parking light never turned off in the side badge light.

Also my Maverick is a Lariat, so the front lights are different than the XL and XLT trims.

Hope this helps you.
A little (sorry). So, end result is that your new badge lights come on with your side markers (or parking, if you prefer) as well as when you use your turn signals?

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little (sorry). So, end result is that your new badge lights come on with your side markers (or parking, if you prefer) as well as when you use your turn signals?
Yes. Both functions work fine.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. Both functions work fine.
Great idea. I enjoy seeing how members here will take an idea/mod and expand on it to create something even better or at least uniquely different. MTC is an "idea bank". I'm glad you were able to do the badge light modification I presented and take to the next level.

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll stick my nose in here. . . Here's how I tapped into the wiring for turn signal and parking lights on my Lariat.
The color coding of the wires for the LED lights I used are red=turn signal, white=ground/neg, black=parking.
I went to my dealer and asked for a print out of the headlight plug. I would have included it but it is probably copyrighted.
The pictures are the driver and passenger side headlight and turn signal plugs (on a Lariat). The wiring is color coded differently on each side.
Hope this helps.

Drivers_Parking_Light.JPG

Drivers_Signal_Light.JPG

Passenger_Signal_Light.JPG

Passenger_Parking_Light.JPG
Which LED light did you use that has the 3 wires?

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is not an attempt to answer your question, but I do want to thank you for your post. I was assuming Aherpa split the power wire, but your post reminded me that he probably used a three wire LED light. How did I not think of that?!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any photos yet of the "smoke" inserts installed yet???

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is not an attempt to answer your question, but I do want to thank you for your post. I was assuming Aherpa split the power wire, but your post reminded me that he probably used a three wire LED light. How did I not think of that?!
First off, thanks for the original post. Those lights looks great...

In Aherpa's post he mentioned "The color coding of the wires for the LED lights I used are red=turn signal, white=ground/neg, black=parking." and I saw your reply about splitting the Power. but was not sure if the LED lights had different intensity.

My thought was if the Marker/Parking lights were on, the badge lights would be on with constant power. How would the turn signal work.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First off, thanks for the original post. Those lights looks great...

In Aherpa's post he mentioned "The color coding of the wires for the LED lights I used are red=turn signal, white=ground/neg, black=parking." and I saw your reply about splitting the Power. but was not sure if the LED lights had different intensity.

My thought was if the Marker/Parking lights were on, the badge lights would be on with constant power. How would the turn signal work.
Thank you for the compliment.

Ya, I'm not sure how the badge lights would double as a signal light at night when the marker lights are on other than blinking on/off. Truth be told, I'm fine with having the badge lights as only signal lights, but I do appreciate using the badge as side lighting along with the markers. Perhaps Aherpa can educate us about that.

Sponsored

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I wrapped it up tonight. I used a 3 wire 3/4 light. I wired the ground to the fender like everyone else. I ran the less bright wire down to the side marker in the bumper, and the more bright to the turn signals. I'm undecided on the smoked covers from Etsy.

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I wrapped it up tonight. I used a 3 wire 3/4 light. I wired the ground to the fender like everyone else. I ran the less bright wire down to the side marker in the bumper, and the more bright to the turn signals. I'm undecided on the smoked covers from Etsy.

photos with them off? Almost seems like the smoked version might be better off with a two wires only setup.

it tends to fade pretty quickly at the bottom which makes it look ”funky.” I have the smoked on the way myself. Might look around for alternatives in lighting or just go Turn signals only.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the following parts. I cut off the pigtails the LEDs came with and installed some waterproof connectors using solder seal connectors. I used the T-Tap wire connectors to splice the factory lighting connectors. I like the T-Tap better than the Scotch taps because the lug connected to the wire keeps the splice closed tight once connected together.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10pc-nbs...Output-IP67-Waterproof-Lights-Truck/564440309

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZoneLiSt...ug-with-Wire-AWG-Marine-Pack-of-10/2704754810

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acekid-S...Insulated-Electrical-Wire-Terminals/757688502

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TICONN-3...de-Terminals-Assortment-Kit-Storage/353064953

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the following parts. I cut off the pigtails the LEDs came with and installed some waterproof connectors using solder seal connectors. I used the T-Tap wire connectors to splice the factory lighting connectors. I like the T-Tap better than the Scotch taps because the lug connected to the wire keeps the splice closed tight once connected together.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10pc-nbs...Output-IP67-Waterproof-Lights-Truck/564440309

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZoneLiSt...ug-with-Wire-AWG-Marine-Pack-of-10/2704754810

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acekid-S...Insulated-Electrical-Wire-Terminals/757688502

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TICONN-3...de-Terminals-Assortment-Kit-Storage/353064953
Thx for the links...
Sponsored