Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just ordered these to try to incorporate into the side badge as turn signal indicators. Not interested in having running lights, just turn signals. I'll know more once they get here but for now I'm planning on cutting a hole in the badge and mounting them through from the back so they're almost flush:
12V Smoked Amber LED Marker Lights
Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked but did not see this listed as a replacement option on this thread. This guy has made side badges and other things for many vehicles. I found on his website (missed it on Etsy), that he has made one for Mavericks. They seem like very good quality. light up and non light options. I have started talking with him about some other possible options.... go check them out though. not too bad for $200

https://ikonicbadges.com/products/custom-text-american-flag-led-fender-badge-set-fits-2022-ford®-maverick®-fully-customizable?_pos=1&_sid=dd762003e&_ss=r
Ive had them since he came out with them. Id warn people to be diligent in their inspection of the part. Ive had 2 sets come apart, one set was hot glued and the other he used 3m tape. I ultimately was given a refund because they kept coming apart. He didn't want them back and said i could do what i wanted with them. I ended up taking them completely apart and using 3m body adhesive to put them back together. I haven't had a single problem since doing that.

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 349840662_207022315119284_8173381773277745239_n

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ive had them since he came out with them. Id warn people to be diligent in their inspection of the part. Ive had 2 sets come apart, one set was hot glued and the other he used 3m tape. I ultimately was given a refund because they kept coming apart. He didn't want them back and said i could do what i wanted with them. I ended up taking them completely apart and using 3m body adhesive to put them back together. I haven't had a single problem since doing that.

349840662_207022315119284_8173381773277745239_n.jpg
Oh nice. I'm pretty handy with stuff like that. But it would suck to spend $200 and have issues.
Was it easy to wire up?

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, tapped into the front light. Yeah it sucked, im just glad they refunded me and made it right.

Erwin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Post #2
I didn't want a mile long post, so I thought I would break them up.

Here are more pictures of what I did and then I'll provide a monologue. Couldn't get the wife to film a video . . . even after I wrote a script!

After removing the badge, I drilled a 3/4" hole in it to accommodate the round LED light I purchased from Amazon . . . about $12 for a pack of 10.

The LED has grommet that holds it snugly in place. Also waterproof. I fed the wires out the back which is why I opted for these lights as opposed to ones that had the wiring out the side.
UPDATE: After posting this, one member posted a picture of how he mounted a small lighting strip that had the wires coming out the side. He did a remarkable job hiding those wires. Scroll down a few posts to see his work on his XLT

IMG_2837.png

IMG_2842.png

IMG_2870.png

You can also see that added additional wires and taped them up. I'll need the wires separate when one goes to a grounding point and the other bridge taps into the existing turn signal at the front of the Maverick.

Next photo is my grounding point.

IMG_2875.png

This is where I used a large ring terminal that included shrink wrap. I also taped it.

I've included a photo of the amber badge cover to show how well it fits. It's an option. I attached it using waterproof heavy duty dual lock tape so I can remove it for whatever reason . . . maybe the LED might need replacing.

IMG_2836 (1).png
I did this to my maverick but I hooked it up to the running lights. I didn't want the turn signal option

Sponsored

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My LEDs just arrived. Perfect. Black when off. Should fit the side badge just fine and make great turn signal indicators.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Image1

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did this to my maverick but I hooked it up to the running lights. I didn't want the turn signal option
Totally get that. If you're referring to the daytime running lights, my Lariat has a complicated DRL system and I wasn't able to hack into that. My idea was born from noticing that other vehicles had various ways of displaying their turn lighting on the side using side mirrors or having the lighting wrap around. I was a bit dismayed the Maverick did not have this capability since I consider it a safety feature. Someone here at MTC had the same notion as you about putting a light in the badge and I took it from there. This is why I love this club; one idea spawns others.
Thanks for sharing your post.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked but did not see this listed as a replacement option on this thread. This guy has made side badges and other things for many vehicles. I found on his website (missed it on Etsy), that he has made one for Mavericks. They seem like very good quality. light up and non light options. I have started talking with him about some other possible options.... go check them out though. not too bad for $200

https://ikonicbadges.com/products/custom-text-american-flag-led-fender-badge-set-fits-2022-ford®-maverick®-fully-customizable?_pos=1&_sid=dd762003e&_ss=r
This is quite the find. These look very cool, but my reaction on the price is "WOW"! I have to wonder if they can be connected to a light source, i.e., turn signals.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is quite the find. These look very cool, but my reaction on the price is "WOW"! I have to wonder if they can be connected to a light source, i.e., turn signals.
Guess you didnt read my replies. oh well.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After speaking with the owner. It comes with an LED light that seems pretty bright. This would tap into one of the front turn single wires. It has just any everything. These things do take a lot of time to create.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After speaking with the owner. It comes with an LED light that seems pretty bright. This would tap into one of the front turn single wires. It has just any everything. These things do take a lot of time to create.
The designs are unique and elaborate, so ya, I would guess some time would go into creating them. I appreciate your research and posting more options on how folks can modify their side badge.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reminds me of what my dad always said, "Something is only worth what people will pay for it."

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

These work and are brighter that the pictures. Was going to cut and mount them from the back but more work removing the badges than I wanted. These are blacked out will work until someone comes out with a pair of lit badges a reasonable cost. I can't beat the cost at $10.99 for ten.
Smoked Amber Marker Lights
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] side turns

Last edited: