Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this is what i did on mine, i got the idea from someone in the forum is a led bar connected to the turn signal here is the link .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL2CG5O?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG_2040.JPG

[/QUOTE
this is what i did on mine, i got the idea from someone in the forum is a led bar connected to the turn signal here is the link .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL2CG5O?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I wanted to circle back and thank you for sharing this solution, I loved it when you showed yours, I bought the lights immediately but just finally got them put in. (I dare not try it myself…). Came out great !!!

Sponsored

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is some information for the XL trim wiring.
Driver's side wiring:
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 1 - Drivers plu

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 0 - Drivers side info

Pax side wiring:
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 1 - Pax plu

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 0 - Left side info

For a ground, I used the 10mm bolts on either side. Once finished, I connected the wire to a ring nut rather than just crimp in the wire, although that would probably work just fine.
Driver's side: bracket for the horns.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 3 - Drivers ground

Pax side: bracket for the white fluid reservoir.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 3 - Pax ground

Run the wires from the engine compartment to the recess for the fender emblem in front of the door before you finish closing that space with Dynamat right there at the top. The pax side is really difficult to access, so creating a hole in there once you are done adding sound baffling on the pax side would be annoying at best.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 4 - Thru Drivers

If you are going to use a multimeter to pin out the wiring (remember to trust but verify!), the battery jump ground terminal works best. Some of the places on my truck that seemed like they would be suitable grounds didn't actually work as such when I was testing.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 5 - ground

computerpulse

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is so awesome! I love that. Great job.
Love it! I’m going one step further, since I got
3/4” round led round lighting, it has 3 wires, one for low light and the other for bright light, so I’m going to wire running lights on the low light setting, and wire the blinkers on the bright light wire.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driver's side wiring:
1 - Drivers plug.jpg

0 - Drivers side info.jpg

Pax side wiring:
1 - Pax plug.jpg

0 - Left side info.jpg

For a ground, I used the 10mm bolts on either side. Once finished, I connected the wire to a ring nut rather than just crimp in the wire, although that would probably work just fine.
3 - Drivers ground.jpg

3 - Pax ground.jpg

Run the wires from the engine compartment to the recess for the fender emblem in front of the door before you finish closing that space with Dynamat right there at the top. The pax side is really difficult to access, so creating a hole in there once you are done adding sound baffling on the pax side would be annoying at best.
4 - Thru Drivers.jpg

If you are going to use a multimeter to pin out the wiring (remember to trust but verify!), the battery jump ground terminal works best. Some of the places on my truck that seemed like they would be suitable grounds didn't actually work as such when I was testing.
5 - ground.jpg
Thanks for the information.

I have a 23 Hybrid XL and would like to add the turn signal lamp to the side badge. Am I correct to understand that the wire to tap for power on the drivers side is the yellow and green and the passenger side is the blue and white?

Is there a style and size tap that you would recommend? Thanks!

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the information.

I have a 23 Hybrid XL and would like to add the turn signal lamp to the side badge. Am I correct to understand that the wire to tap for power on the drivers side is the yellow and green and the passenger side is the blue and white?

Is there a style and size tap that you would recommend? Thanks!
I used this splitter from Amazon for the positive wire on my lights, because I wanted the lights to operate continually while the truck was running, and then blink with the front turn signals. That way the fender emblem is a running light until I use the indicators, and then it blinks as a turn signal.

I used this LED from Amazon in the fender emblem. The ground wire (black) I connected to a 10mm bolt on the body. The hot wire (red) from the light, I attached to the splitter.

The two ends of the splitter were what I tapped into the two wires on each side. The splitter has a purple and a blue wire.

>>>Note: '23 Hybrid XL wiring. Check your truck trim, as this may not be accurate for other years, Ecoboost, or higher trims.<<<

Driver's side: Purple into yellow/green -- blue into blue
Pax side: Purple into blue/white -- blue into blue/grey

Without the splitter, the single hot wire (red) from the light won't act as both a running light and a turn signal. Your suggested single connection would act only as a turn indicator, I think.

I use the splice knotted tap for these connections.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used this splitter from Amazon for the positive wire on my lights, because I wanted the lights to operate continually while the truck was running, and then blink with the front turn signals. That way the fender emblem is a running light until I use the indicators, and then it blinks as a turn signal.

I used this LED from Amazon in the fender emblem. The ground wire (black) I connected to a 10mm bolt on the body. The hot wire (red) from the light, I attached to the splitter.

The two ends of the splitter were what I tapped into the two wires on each side. The splitter has a purple and a blue wire.

Without the splitter, the single hot wire (red) from the light won't act as both a running light and a turn signal. Your suggested single connection would act only as a turn indicator, I think.

Yes a turn indicator is all that I want. The turn signal wire of the truck is what I am looking to tap into and confirm which one it is.

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes a turn indicator is all that I want. The turn signal wire of the truck is what I am looking to tap into and confirm which one it is.
The easiest way to test this is to unplug the turn signal connector under the hood, then slide the hot wire (red) of your light into the third (furthest from the thick ground wire) hole of the connector. Touch the light's ground wire (black) to a bolt head under the hood, and turn on the indicators. If your light blinks, then you are in business.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Watching. I had these for my Bronco Sport and they looked good and worked great as turning indicators. Want the same thing for my Maverick so people know when I'm going to push them out of their lane.... :D
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] side markers800

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driver's side wiring:
1 - Drivers plug.jpg

0 - Drivers side info.jpg

Pax side wiring:
1 - Pax plug.jpg

0 - Left side info.jpg

3 - Drivers ground.jpg

3 - Pax ground.jpg

4 - Thru Drivers.jpg

5 - ground.jpg
Very helpful and informative! Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reactions: Dad

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Due to my envy of those vehicles that have turn signal indicators on their mirrors or body side, I took another member's basic idea and went one step further to have the badge act as a turn signal indicator. The first side took a bit of time to figure out what light would work best and how to wire it up correctly and safely. The other side took about an hour or two. Nothing like having "experience" the second time around.

This is how it came out:

What you'll need:
  • plastic pry tools to ease off the badge.
  • LED light. (I liked the round one where the wiring exits out the back of the light)
  • butt splices. Red ones for the small wire gauge.
  • several wire bridge taps. Again, the red ones.
  • two ring terminals large enough to be able to attach to one of the bolts holding the fender

And thanks to you Tom for bringing the mod to my and others' attention.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And thanks to you Tom for bringing the mod to my and others' attention.
Thank you very much for that. I appreciate the feedback. Made my day!

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Great tip! Keep in mind this will not work on the Lariat as the setup for the daytime running lights is much different.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I looked but did not see this listed as a replacement option on this thread. This guy has made side badges and other things for many vehicles. I found on his website (missed it on Etsy), that he has made one for Mavericks. They seem like very good quality. light up and non light options. I have started talking with him about some other possible options.... go check them out though. not too bad for $200

https://ikonicbadges.com/products/c...ully-customizable?_pos=1&_sid=dd762003e&_ss=r
Sponsored