First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Johnny is good but Tim Bartz is a Hard Act To Follow. There will only be One Tim Bartz !
There is only 1 Maverick Jesus. All others are false prophets.

I’m only joking. I’m not saying we need to build a gold statute of Tim………..or wait!
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct, but only if you choose those wheels - if you select that tire in the build and price, It also requires the alternate wheel/rim (the aluminum/chrome looking ones). If you like those and are just adding Tow but not FX4 I could see making that choice - but if you're choosing FX4 where the package includes the cost of the upgraded all-black wheels, it doesn't make much sense to then pay to switch over to the alternate tire+wheel - makes more sense to just swap the tires out at the dealer.
I don't quite understand the $795 add on just to get the 17 alloys and somewhat AT tires but really not into black rims so I guess oh well . Aftermarket tire / rim swap would be much more than $795 - But I do wonder what the street value would be of the black rims / scorpions if u take them off at time of delivery and sell to dealer or whatever -

Last edited:

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
800 bucks for 4 tiers and 4 aluminum rims? That is good price. The tiers alone are almost that much. And the aluminum has anyone checked the price of it lately? That is a comifornia bargain.
Tiers are about 200 each with mounting and balance so you get the rims for free. I bet Ford is loosing $$$ on each build except the upper end units. And those just barely

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
800 bucks for 4 tiers and 4 aluminum rims? That is good price. The tiers alone are almost that much. And the aluminum has anyone checked the price of it lately? That is a comifornia bargain.
Tiers are about 200 each with mounting and balance so you get the rims for free. I bet Ford is loosing $$$ on each build except the upper end units. And those just barely
Ford is keeping the original set of wheels and tires, so the $795 is the upgrade cost, not the price.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is keeping the original set of wheels and tires, so the $795 is the upgrade cost, not the price.
Yep trying to see what the street value would be for the stock FX4 black wheels and summer Pirelli tires these seem to be shipping with-

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have purchased at a large quantity contract price, not retail. There is no packaging, no middleman profits, maybe no shipping if Ford is doing that.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Johnny works at a Ford Dealership in Canada IIRC
That explains why he doesn't have any negative things to say. I thought it was because he's a stereotypical Canadian and super polite. ;)

vladytom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vlady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol you people overthink things. noone cares about any of this stuff and 99.9 percent of people dont even know maverick exists and wont until they see them driving around (if they even notice then, hell i wouldn't notice if Hyundai or whoever had a new car out). we're "too close to it". But obsessing over the Mav is something probably only a few hundred/thousand people in the world do (yes even though they supposedly have 100k non binding orders, that doesnt mean most of those people visit forums etc). too put it in perspective the ranger SELLS (not non binding order) 100-125k a year and the f-150 700k-1m iirc during non covid times iirc. not to say the mav might be a nice little hit for ford, or might not (i'm leaning will, if nothing else because the price is crazy low next to other trucks). but i could also see a lot of people in this demographic turning their nose and wanting a "real" truck.
I appreciate your point. However, it's not an obsession, but anxiety. There is an immediate need of a vehicle in my household and communication has been poor about the estimated time of build, delivery, etc. Ford has hopefully learned something from the failed Bronco launch I am a victim of

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
shark978 said:
lol you people overthink things. noone cares about any of this stuff and 99.9 percent of people dont even know maverick exists and wont until they see them driving around (if they even notice then, hell i wouldn't notice if Hyundai or whoever had a new car out). we're "too close to it". But obsessing over the Mav is something probably only a few hundred/thousand people in the world do (yes even though they supposedly have 100k non binding orders, that doesnt mean most of those people visit forums etc). too put it in perspective the ranger SELLS (not non binding order) 100-125k a year and the f-150 700k-1m iirc during non covid times iirc. not to say the mav might be a nice little hit for ford, or might not (i'm leaning will, if nothing else because the price is crazy low next to other trucks). but i could also see a lot of people in this demographic turning their nose and wanting a "real" truck.

vladytom said:
I appreciate your point. However, it's not an obsession, but anxiety. There is an immediate need of a vehicle in my household and communication has been poor about the estimated time of build, delivery, etc. Ford has hopefully learned something from the failed Bronco launch I am a victim of
I think you both have validity. It is all a matter of perspective. Some are obsessed on this sight and some are just anxious . If we put that on a scale I do not know exactly where I would fall. I don't need a car now I have 2 that fit my needs. Some have apparently sold their vehicle and are now suffering a bit because they wanted to take advantage of the used car market. I personally think this is an exciting vehicle I initial ordered a 2.0EB but changed to the hybrid when the 4K package was eliminated for the FWD offering. I also know some people that work at the ad agency that actually got to drive them early on and they were highly impressed. Shark978 is right about most people not knowing about the Ford Maverick. It came out on June 8th, I didn't learn about it until July 16th. I was looking for a vehicle to replace my 17yo Sequoia. Even now when I talk about it to people they have no idea what a Maverick Truck is.

When these do hit the streets people WILL notice though, and there will be a flood of orders. The only problem I see is people thinking the Maverick can do what a F-150 or Ranger is built for.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That explains why he doesn't have any negative things to say. I thought it was because he's a stereotypical Canadian and super polite. ;)
probably true also

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don’t expect to see any engine covers on any Ford Maverick model, zilch, nada, another cost cutting measure, no sound deadening cover under the hood either.
My Bronco Sport didn't have one either, apparently the early builds had them but Ford decided to drop it on the later builds. Don't know if it was a cost cutting measure or a supply chain thing. I'm guessing the former.

I know for my 1.5 EB engine on the Bronco Sport I can buy one from Ford.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is serious about the video embargo. Papa doesn't Play!
I feel there’s a job pitch to Ford here.
“I like watching YouTube videos and can shut down these reviews instantly.”
Ford - “Take all the money!”
Sponsored