First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct, but only if you choose those wheels - if you select that tire in the build and price, It also requires the alternate wheel/rim (the aluminum/chrome looking ones). If you like those and are just adding Tow but not FX4 I could see making that choice - but if you're choosing FX4 where the package includes the cost of the upgraded all-black wheels, it doesn't make much sense to then pay to switch over to the alternate tire+wheel - makes more sense to just swap the tires out at the dealer.
Yah if you have fx4 it doesn't make much sense to add them although the non ford specialized version of the Pirelli aren't good in wet or snow conditions. After buying a set of 4 of some other tire and mounting them you are probably gonna be around that same price as adding the Falken and rim option.
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some dash cam view and commentary on the drivability, suspension, and handling of the Maverick along with views of the elusive XL trim interior from Johny's car care & reviews.

Caps of the XL interior:
xlint1.jpg
xlint2.jpg
Thanks for posting these pics! I have an XLT Hybrid on order, but I really like the color of the XLs interior color!

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Continentals are on the XL and XLT 17 inch wheels, pretty sure the Michelins are on the lariat 18 inch wheels.
When I did this search on Tire Rack my selection criteria was '22 Maverick FWD Hybrid with XLT trim, Tire Rack shows two OEM options on that page. Both are 17" Go to the page below and select OEM on the top left of the page. The Conti ProContact are the lowest rated tire in it segment.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2022&autoModel=Maverick+Hybrid&autoModClar=XLT&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&sortCode=49752&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they change how the bed at half open "locks" into place?
No, the young lady demonstrating a different function to make the bed extender more useful

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve used both OEM tires listed on Tire Rack, and liked them fine.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting that he associates the Falken Wildpeak tires with the FX4 package, whereas elsewhere folks have said the FX4 comes with the Pirelli Scorpions. I wonder if that's a mistake or a late-stage change based on negative feedback. @fordvideoguy any insight into this?
Probably just a mistake on his part. Like he calls the Alto Blue "Antimatter" Blue. Still it was a good video to get an idea of how the Maverick drives and handles.

vladytom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vlady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO Ford noticed a trend of people moving away from Ford after all those delays and lack of communication so they finally accept the release of these early but limited reviews in order to keep us plugged in.
To be honest, I think it works on me...

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want this truck more now after the video, but I wish they too a look under the hood.
The engine is missing a cover in the Ford stock photo that rats will love to nest on. We have lots of tree rats that are around our house and in the winter love to live in the engine bay at night. Fabric softener sheets help but they keep needing to be replaced. But would love to see what is under the hood of each type.
Maybe that was not allowed to be photographed 🤔

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I did this search on Tire Rack my selection criteria was '22 Maverick FWD Hybrid with XLT trim, Tire Rack shows two OEM options on that page. Both are 17" Go to the page below and select OEM on the top left of the page. The Conti ProContact are the lowest rated tire in it segment.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2022&autoModel=Maverick+Hybrid&autoModClar=XLT&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&sortCode=49752&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S
I would expect all the 17 base wheels to be the continental since they are made in Mexico so quick shipping to the factory and seems to be what are on most pics except 18s and AT tire vehicles.

I want this truck more now after the video, but I wish they too a look under the hood.
The engine is missing a cover in the Ford stock photo that rats will love to nest on. We have lots of tree rats that are around our house and in the winter love to live in the engine bay at night. Fabric softener sheets help but they keep needing to be replaced. But would love to see what is under the hood of each type.
Maybe that was not allowed to be photographed 🤔
I know the 21 Escape 1.5 doesn't have one either so Ford may be going away from them.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What really impressed me was the turning radius! Seems like Mav turns very sharp from a stopped position! Acceleration for the hybrid was impressive too! Also like the color of the XL interior! Too bad it wasn't offered on other trim levels. Very surprised that this video was out, won't be surprised if Ford takes it down!

Last edited:

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Big Thank You to Ford and Johny's Car Care and Review. This is the best test drive video I have seen thus far. Helps to restore my confidence in this process of waiting.
It's the *only* drive video I've seen thus far cuz they broke embargo :p

It's awesome to see it driven, but it sure is a lot of gushing positivity that screams "youtube influencer" rather than an honest review. There's got to be *some* negatives with the truck. Maybe that's why Ford hasn't taken it down yet. More PR for them to get people excited about the truck.

Can't wait to see Alex on Autos or Doug Demuro take a look at it on October 5th.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the *only* drive video I've seen thus far cuz they broke embargo :p

It's awesome to see it driven, but it sure is a lot of gushing positivity that screams "youtube influencer" rather than an honest review. There's got to be *some* negatives with the truck. Maybe that's why Ford hasn't taken it down yet. More PR for them to get people excited about the truck.

Can't wait to see Alex on Autos or Doug Demuro take a look at it on October 5th.
I think since it was in a closed course, and not real world driving, they'll let this one video slide. I mean did it even get above school zone speed limit?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There ar two OEM tires for the Hybrid according to Tire Rack. Its done to insure supply if one manufacturer has issues. The Conti CrossCraps and a Michelin offering.
Original Equipment

MICHELIN
PRIMACY A/S
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/tireTypeModal.jsp?subCat=AS
I do like Continental tires, but not the Pro Contact. Give the True Contact or even Cross Contact. Odd on a hybrid that none of the three stock tires are rated as Eco Plus (Pirelli is the third) . My next set will be.
Sponsored