ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trust me, the ones taking pictures celebrating aren't the one's actually building it. Those hard-working folks are still at work on the other side of this image.

Those pictured are probably engineers, maybe even interns. Either way, the folks pictured work in cubicles, not on the line.

Edit to add: The ones spaced out with masks MAY be production supervisors, still not the laborers though.
No excuses. There’s a spot on the Line for everyone! Get to work....
Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
what was the official date on the production start? There seems to have been conflicting dates mentioned here for last few weeks.
My understanding is that official production started 08/16 with dealer stock units. Customer retail production is supposed to start 09/13.

Reactions: JJC

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Trust me, the ones taking pictures celebrating aren't the one's actually building it. Those hard-working folks are still at work on the other side of this image.

Those pictured are probably engineers, maybe even interns. Either way, the folks pictured work in cubicles, not on the line.

Edit to add: The ones spaced out with masks MAY be production supervisors, still not the laborers though.
I work assembly for a major auto manufacturer and when we have line-off ceremonies they usually include a few line workers to join in pictures. It's not impossible that there are actual builders pictured here.

Sponsored

Rap22mav

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford sporttrac
Glad to see the velocity blue showcased. Most all videos and photos have been other colors. That's my color and i like it a lot.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey, that's my build! 😎

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very cool. I can't wait to get mine.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The ceremonial truck.....it's.....it's.....an EcoBoost
Well yeah, they reserved all the hybrids for retail orders, and those don't start until the 13th. Obviously.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so this means that Ford has signed off on production and unless I'm mistaken that also means Mavericks are cleared to be sold and with that in mind we should start seeing video reviews on the ride, drive and handling of the Maverick!! :unsure: :) (y)

Sponsored

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok so this means that Ford has signed off on production and unless I'm mistaken that also means Mavericks are cleared to be sold and with that in mind we should start seeing video reviews on the ride, drive and handling of the Maverick!! :unsure: :) (y)
That would be nice!! I'd like to see Maverick test drives flood my YouTube list, and no more Santa Cruz!

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford Maverick has officially begun production at the Ford Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly Plant in Mexico, where it's being built alongside the Bronco Sport (with which it shares the "C2" platform).

This Velocity Blue Maverick Lariat 2.0L EcoBoost (presumably first off the line) was trotted out in celebration! 🎉

Ford Hermosillo Plant Maverick Production Start 3.jpg

Ford Hermosillo Plant Maverick Production Start 1.jpg

Ford Hermosillo Plant Maverick Production Start 2.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Lariat Pickup Truck 3.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Lariat Pickup Truck 2.jpg

Velocity Blue Maverick Lariat Pickup Truck 1.jpg
Can they take pictures of my truck when it comes off the line like this? You know, just leave them in the glove box to find as a surprise!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be nice!! I'd like to see Maverick test drives flood my YouTube list, and no more Santa Cruz!
I'm with you there!! My salesman said the dealership should have their demo model by mid-Sept so if that holds true, driving review videos can't be that far off.

roc129

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Mazada B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The pictures are a bit misleading I think. I think the lighting is making the Velocity Blue somewhat darker than it really is. I ordered Velocity Blue and will super pleased if it's as dark as these pics show it to be.

Waiting.......
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.