First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone help reassure me I'm on track (or not)?

Ordered within a day of the bank opening, not sure exactly what time since the system crashed. Got a confirmation email from Ford same day. The only "order number" I have is a 4 digit code (F2xx). I submitted my order request via email to the salesman. Also a pic of my driver's license. Never signed anything. I've been bugging the salesman to take my deposit, he's very unresponsive but finally said "we'll waive it for you.". I'm feeling like none of this is "official" enough, even though Ford did send my confirmation email directly to me.

Any thoughts? Should I try to make it "more official" somehow? Dealer is 30 minutes away, I could pay a visit.
If I were you make the long time consuming drive all the way to the dealership and make sure that you get your order signed and anything else to make sure that you won't get any surprises, And by the GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING
Sponsored

Nitroade28

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Customer Service is very helpful. They confirmed my order as "unscheduled - clean" after I supplied the order code and sales code. At least I have that phone confirmation.
CS told me the dealership handles the confirmation email, which I still don't have since 9/17.
Yeah I asked the Ford chat rep if I could make sure my email was correct or even listed, they said I'd have to go to the dealer about that.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
placed order for 2023 XLT Hybrid on Friday afternoon 9/16/22. How long before you normally have to wait to get response from Ford?
You should've gotten a call from the dealer near you to confirm the details of your order then either you sign the DORA online or go to the dealership it's sent to Ford who then sends back the order confirmation, Again you sign that and the next step is the email confirmation from Ford 😁 Good Luck

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my original dealer I was going to place an order with that ghosted me after Thursday just texted me and claims he already placed my order (I was on a preorder list and gave him a generic build.) and needed to finalize it. I never got an email confirmation from Ford and I don’t believe him. I told him that I placed an order with another dealer on Thursday at 4:00 and was good to go. Got a email from Ford 90 minutes later and signed a Preview Order the next day. I’m not trusting my Maverick build on a dealer with poor communication.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I placed 2 orders for hybrids, one for my wife and one for me at 2 different dealers. Got one email and not the other. Do those emails make a difference? Ford chat confirmed both orders in.

Newbie question, can I add or take away options once order gets submitted prior to scheduling and does that effect outcome of build?
All it means is the one dealer put your email in and the other didn't. Personally I liked getting the emails. Even though it was a long wait at least I had some sort of information.

Sponsored

CA NATIVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
seems like there's much confusion about ROVP and COVP. so i called my sales manager and grilled him on it. here's what he said.

when you place an order, they complete what's called an Order Preview. this includes your build, the MSRP and all costs related to your order. at this point they will require a copy of your DL, and deposit , if any. they will then submit this information to Ford and place the order. this step is the ROVP.

COVP is when you sign and date the Order Preview and the the dealer submit that information again to Ford to confirm the order and to prove to FORD that it is a legitimate retail order. He told me that COVP is no longer required, but they do it anyway. and they did that for my order.

So, in general, if your dealer had you submitted your DL, reviewed the OP and told you that they have submitted the order, then you're good. just wait for the confirmation email from Ford ... or chat with ford CS if you're anxious.

Last edited:

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, it doesn't. Unscheduled Clean just means COVP was done and your order is confirmed in the system. "Order Processing" means the same thing. Many of us are/were in 1 or both of those 2 holding patterns for MONTHS- and new constraints can occur that delay things without you or dealer even knowing about it. If you are not at Priority 2, they are not even looking at selecting your order for Production.
yeah, I get that. I just ordered this thing a few days ago so obviously it's not going to be scheduled. I was just confirming that dealer did this initial part of the process correctly. It seemed, based on reading around here, that sometimes the dealer messes things up and Ford CS will not report that the order is "clean".

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You're a step ahead of me. I haven't heard crap from Ford.
I pestered my dealer every 2 hours until I got the confirmation from Ford.

citation025

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ronny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should've gotten a call from the dealer near you to confirm the details of your order then either you sign the DORA online or go to the dealership it's sent to Ford who then sends back the order confirmation, Again you sign that and the next step is the email confirmation from Ford 😁 Good Luck
I placed order at Ford dealership Here in Plano, Tx

Chrissy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2019 2d JL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if this short retail order window has to do anything with the below from the Ford confirmation email:

"Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for 2023 Maverick LARIAT, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time."

I find it the wording particular knowing the difference between the order window this time compared to MY22 order window (e.g. few days Vs few months).

Sounds to me that there will be later orders for 2023 Mavericks?

Or I might overthink it as usual :D

Sponsored

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if this short retail order window has to do anything with the below from the Ford confirmation email:

"Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for 2023 Maverick LARIAT, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time."

I find it the wording particular knowing the difference between the order window this time compared to MY22 order window (e.g. few days Vs few months).

I laughed out loud when I saw that as well. "You ordered on Day 4, so you're a later order" haha.

I'm hopeful for this run, though. I hope them closing the order banks will actually allow them to build what was ordered. My dealer is on the smaller size, and the inventory manager there told me he got 44 MY22 orders and only 4 carried over to 2023, with the other 40 being delivered. I'm the second MY23 order; so really hoping being #6 in line is helpful.

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That's the same wording they used in the 2022 confirmation email. Here is a quote from my email back in June of 2021 for my XL that was delivered in July of '22.:

"Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 Maverick XL, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time."

I ordered a '23 XL last Thursday and the email is almost identical to the one I got in '21.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah I remember back when I ordered my truck last year they sent out the glass is half full email to everybody, They are trying to make you feel special saying they are building the truck just for you. Just be patient when you least expect it you'll get that final email saying your truck has been shipped😉

Joelrogue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully a short window means less orders and a quicker delivery for the people who were able to put theirs in already. Alternatively I guess Ford could already be completely overwhelmed with 23 new orders in which case we're as screwed as last year...
Sponsored

Last edited: