Sponsored

sweatyyeti

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
That's what's confusing - Ford says the COVP isn't required, but the ROVP is. So if a dealer has submitted the COVP, is it all good, or does the dealer need to do something else in the system to make it ROVP instead?
I’m honestly not sure. I’m going to trust what he is telling me is accurate and he he knows what he is doing. Here is the full screen shot of my text to him.

Ford Maverick ⛔️ Official bulletin: 2023 Maverick order banks closing on 9/20 (Hybrid) and 9/21 (EcoBoost) D38A1A87-9564-4D7A-A445-856F83B55B01
Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
waiting in line with Ford CS to check my status right now. thanks to this forum I know to even try to do this. otherwise I'd just be flying blind.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m honestly not sure. I’m going to trust what he is telling me is accurate and he he knows what he is doing. Here is the full screen shot of my text to him.

D38A1A87-9564-4D7A-A445-856F83B55B01.jpeg

My dealer said the same thing really - they did the COVP when they ordered. I messaged back and asked to clarify between COVP and ROVP. Haven't heard back from him, but will post if/when I do.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen the terms used interchangably by Ford...... I believe I have seen a dealer explain that sometimes it depends on model vehicle which acronym they use. But I am NOT the expert. So just take what I say as somewhat partially knowledgeable. But not 100% for sure.
You are correct. They are essentially the same... ROVP was for 22 Maverick... I think that they are calling it COVP now, just like everything else.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, only ROVP is required. COVP is optional. I gave my dealer a copy of my license before my order was sent. I'm assuming that is to cover both.
They are the same thing.

" We still encourage dealers to utilize the Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) for all retail orders, but this will not be part of the retail order scheduling criteria. "

Not necessary, but encouraged. They are cutting off the timeline to get this done for retail Maverick orders.

Our dealership is still planning on doing it for all orders.

Sponsored

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer said the same thing really - they did the COVP when they ordered. I messaged back and asked to clarify between COVP and ROVP. Haven't heard back from him, but will post if/when I do.
I asked more or less the same question because I didn’t receive whatever the document of rovp/covp is. My dealer said if you have a tracking number, it means it was rovp’d/covp’d. Allegedly the tracking number is a system specific tracking number on ford’s end not a “where’s my truck” type of tracking number. Lol

to be clear, I received a text from the sales manager with my tracking number.

Reactions: Aza

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Placed" my order for Hot Pepper XLT Hybrid this afternoon. Of course I haven't gotten an email but I'm worried the order may not be taken if it wasn't put in immediately while I was there. The GM was sitting at his computer working through the options as we talked so I assume he was keying it in on the site but I'm not sure. May try the Ford hotline and see if anyone can tell me anything. I did get a printout of my order with Sales and Order codes so IDK.
Call ford customer service with that 4-place dealer code and your order code that starts with "F". They'll tell you if your order is in processing or not.

Jamesrchapman1949

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To fordguy

Reason?

just askin

Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
waiting in line with Ford CS to check my status right now. thanks to this forum I know to even try to do this. otherwise I'd just be flying blind.
Looks good!

From Ford CS:
I am seeing that your secondary status is "Unscheduled- Clean." This means it is just waiting for the next available production week.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got my confirmation from Ford last night, mine is officially ordered. They just need to update the color. The system was not accepting Atlas blue. He entered it as black and it went through.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone help reassure me I'm on track (or not)?

Ordered within a day of the bank opening, not sure exactly what time since the system crashed. Got a confirmation email from Ford same day. The only "order number" I have is a 4 digit code (F2xx). I submitted my order request via email to the salesman. Also a pic of my driver's license. Never signed anything. I've been bugging the salesman to take my deposit, he's very unresponsive but finally said "we'll waive it for you.". I'm feeling like none of this is "official" enough, even though Ford did send my confirmation email directly to me.

Any thoughts? Should I try to make it "more official" somehow? Dealer is 30 minutes away, I could pay a visit.
On the sheet, there are two numbers, the first one, "Preview Order F### is the dealer code. The other is the Sales Code which is F#####. This is your order number. Those two numbers are needed if you call Ford Customer Service about your order.

Goose1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The next thing everyone needs to worry about is dealer allocations! Many dealers may have submitted far more orders than what their allocation number will be
Sponsored