First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can we verify our order has been ROVP'd outside of asking the dealer and taking their word when they say yes? We've heard too many stories about mess ups with OVPs last year.

Is an email from Ford confirming your order enough?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How can we verify our order has been ROVP'd outside of asking the dealer and taking their word when they say yes? We've heard too many stories about mess ups with OVPs last year.
Just talked to mine and if they gave you a “Tracking number” that means your retail order has been verified/processed….ROVP’d.

Rlb080

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Literally been waiting for my sales-guy to get my order in and now I see this. I am 100% ok to keep waiting for this truck but I need my order to actually be placed. You would think since I used to work at the dealership they would handle it a bit better, but I guess not.
I'm having same issue with my dealer. They want Ford to balance out old MY22 orders before inputting roll over orders. Had heated discussions with sales manager. No luck so far. This has been going on since Friday afternoon.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to mine and if they gave you a “Tracking number” that means your retail order has been verified/processed….ROVP’d.
So what is this "tracking number"? I have been on this forum over a year and this is the first time I have heard of it. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last 4 days since my Private Offer is not showing up for my order that has been "Unscheduled: Clean" since October 1, 2021.

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They're already talking about 2024s???
When they mention that information for 2024 will be out at a later date means to me that 2023 is going to be a short run. My guess is April 2023 for start of '24MY production.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what is this "tracking number"? I have been on this forum over a year and this is the first time I have heard of it. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last 4 days since my Private Offer is not showing up for my order that has been "Unscheduled: Clean" since October 1, 2021.
Have you called Ford Customer Service? Maybe you are scheduled with a Vin hence no private offer.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Is an email from Ford confirming your order enough?
The e-mail from Ford is definitely not enough. I had assumed that the status of "unscheduled: clean" meant that the ROVP was in but now not 100% sure of that. I have absolutely no clue on how to verify and every time I contact Ford they just say "go visit your dealer" which in my case is 250 miles away.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When they mention that information for 2024 will be out at a later date means to me that 2023 is going to be a short run. My guess is April 2023 for start of '24MY production.
possible body style change I read somewhere and “enhanced” features like blue cruise and onboard 4kw power supply.

i can’t find the article now….go figure.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It could also mean they will announce 2024 details in July of 2023, which is at a later date. Basic noncommittal corporate language. I use it all the time in my job.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Literally been waiting for my sales-guy to get my order in and now I see this. I am 100% ok to keep waiting for this truck but I need my order to actually be placed. You would think since I used to work at the dealership they would handle it a bit better, but I guess not.
Honestly, I would start calling around a bunch of dealers and see who will get your order placed and confirmed first and go with that. The clock is ticking, can't afford to wait around for a lazy dealer.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The copy of the covp that my dealer sent me has a tracking number on it, along with a note that Ford would acknowledge the covp within 72 hours. I'm assuming the tracking number then is their evidence that they sent it into Ford, if they have to call on it for some reason they would cite that number.

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you got an email from ford in the last few days, then just be sure to hound, I mean, work with your dealer to get Rovp locked in

MistiT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Misti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm having same issue with my dealer. They want Ford to balance out old MY22 orders before inputting roll over orders. Had heated discussions with sales manager. No luck so far. This has been going on since Friday afternoon.
Yep, he keeps talking about my 22 order being priority 2.. I told him it's literally not going to happen, so here is what I want on my 23... I've even emailed the inventory manager. It's insane that I will have to take steps to talk to a manager, and this is from someone who worked there for almost 10 years.. I feel bad for everyone who has no connections at their dealerships if it's this bad for me.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you called Ford Customer Service? Maybe you are scheduled with a Vin hence no private offer.
Yes. I have contacted Ford (both Chat and via the Ford Marketing phone number) no less than 5 times in the last week. All they can tell me that my MY22 order is "Unscheduled: Clean, Priority 10". Neither has the ability to verify that a ROVP/COVP was input (the Chat agent today actually asked me what COVP stood for!!!). They also do not have the ability to verify the name and address that the order is associated with. However, using my e-mail, they were able to verify that my name and address are in the Ford system (but this may be from prior Ford purchases).
Sponsored