John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

first post should be updated to highlight the fact that not ALL trucks falling in the recall date range will have a recall.

On reddit there was someone with a 2023 March build WITH the recall, but there are plenty of folks with earlier build dates & WITHOUT the recall. Don't know if it means anything but I would think that Ford already finished flagging the vehicles with the new recall.
You're joking right!?
Please tell me you are joking.
What on EARTH gave you the impression Ford is fast or at the top of the customer service game?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're joking right!?
Please tell me you are joking.
What on EARTH gave you the impression Ford is fast or at the top of the customer service game?
Ford stock is up another 5% today.... They must be doing something right in some minds.

• Haha
Reactions: fmt

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No recalls on my truck.
Not worried about it anyway.

But, always a good idea to have a fire snuffer in your vehicle!
This one fits fine and will be easy to access should I ever need it for myself or others.

Back driver passenger door location.
Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) IMG_0139

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No recalls on my truck.
Not worried about it anyway.

But, always a good idea to have a fire snuffer in your vehicle!
This one fits fine and will be easy to access should I ever need it for myself or others.

Back driver passenger door location.
IMG_0139.jpeg
What's the model on that one and/or link?

Sponsored

MrMET864

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, If one has a build date after May 18th, will the truck still get built and delivery be held up until the recall is fixed?

Or
Will the recall be addressed as the truck is being built?

MavEminutiae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info! I will be adding that to my shopping cart.

For all those that live in extremely hot climates and leave their vehicles parked in direct sunlight please make sure you check the instructions for properly storing your fire extinguishers as some have an upper limit of 120 degrees Fahrenheit for safe storage.

In the mean time I'll continue to periodically check Ford and NHTSA to see if my VIN ever gets tagged for this recall.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '23 hybrid just arrived at the dealer. My VIN is not showing the recall, but it was build on May 13th. Does anybody know if they are done updating the Vin numbers for this recall?

My salesperson doesn't know anything about this recall and is asking me when I want to pick it up. I'm not sure I want it if i'm going to find out it needs to come back for who knows how long to fix or replace engine. What should I do?
I would pick it up and drive it. The dealer will definitely sell your Mav. No red flag..no jail.

Sponsored

tlhmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '23 hybrid just arrived at the dealer. My VIN is not showing the recall, but it was build on May 13th. Does anybody know if they are done updating the Vin numbers for this recall?

My salesperson doesn't know anything about this recall and is asking me when I want to pick it up. I'm not sure I want it if i'm going to find out it needs to come back for who knows how long to fix or replace engine. What should I do?
Pick it up mine was built May 10. Delivery June 2nd Traded a '22 recall showed up.No reason to not enjoy your truck,forget about the recall if they will deliver it to you get it!

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XML files is in relation to if you do a manual Sync 3 update via USB it generates an install log file that you can optionally upload to Ford. It informs the installed version recorded when you check the page for updates.
Sync no longer generates an XML file on an upgrade install since it can now get that data over the air.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing to do with catastrophic catastrophes, but isn't the fact you roll around on electric power, then you need to merge into real life (traffic) and you wake the ice (stone cold) and rev the crap out of your just awakened engine.

just thinking out loud...

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sync no longer generates an XML file on an upgrade install since it can now get that data over the air.
What is your source for that information? I've experienced the situation where "no XML file is created", but when I've talked to the folks at Ford Customer Service, they keep telling me it should be created, and that it could take over a month for my vehicle to show as updated. I updated to 3.4.22251 via USB stick almost two months ago, and the web site is still telling me I need to apply that update.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info! I will be adding that to my shopping cart.

For all those that live in extremely hot climates and leave their vehicles parked in direct sunlight please make sure you check the instructions for properly storing your fire extinguishers as some have an upper limit of 120 degrees Fahrenheit for safe storage.

In the mean time I'll continue to periodically check Ford and NHTSA to see if my VIN ever gets tagged for this recall.
The instructions for this unit warn against storage over 150 degrees.
Sponsored