bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the fact that it says the vehicles affected were not produced in VIN order. So, that does mean date range can be the deciding criteria. And, "built" date is what is specified, not "in production". So May 19th + vehicles should be good.
The criteria is the date the engine was built, so there are likely vehicles built on the same date which are included and excluded in the recall. It just seems that they know for sure that no recalled engines were used after May 18 and they have the list of all VINs which had affected engines installed prior to that date.
Sponsored

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read about everything is before 01 September 2022. My hybrid was built on 10 September 2022 and is included in the recall. Is the recalls on an engine built prior to 01 September or a vehicle built before 01 September?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The recall will or won't be attached to your specific VIN. Build dates aren't the best indicator, but the VIN is. So far my VIN (1/12/23 build) is not on the list. Thanks to all the info here, I'm not worried...but if I hear a rod crashing through the block, I'll stop...not try to continue to drive on the electric motor.
or you could push the Mav home.

Reactions: GRB

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The criteria is the date the engine was built, so there are likely vehicles built on the same date which are included and excluded in the recall. It just seems that they know for sure that no recalled engines were used after May 18 and they have the list of all VINs which had affected engines installed prior to that date.
Yes, but is seems strange that engines built before September 1st 2022 would still be put in Mavericks up to May 18th 2023. I thought they were using just-in-time scheduling.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but is seems strange that engines built before September 1st 2022 would still be put in Mavericks up to May 18th 2023. I thought they were using just-in-time scheduling.
Everything is JIT with certain manufacturers on certain parts having a bit more of a buffer than others.

A few weeks or so to account for the engines arriving at the plants and being installed, sure, that makes sense. But from September through mid-late May, it really doesn't. It seems like they still aren't being entirely upfront with us about what the real concerns are. And they tried to take the easy way out with 22S47, claiming that they could simply alter "fluid dynamics" to address a mechanical issue. To use an analogy, 22S47 always seemed like trying to issue a software update to fix/cover a hardware problem. See Apple with the under-specced iPhone batteries that they got away with.

The real concern is how many engines actually have manufacturing defects and need to be proactively replaced. They're giving the impression that they want to do everything but admit the scope of the problem and start inspecting/replacing engines en masse.

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not see anything indicating what is creating the catastrophe. Oil pressure? Inferior materials such as bad casting or bearings? Covid? Mine is an April 2023 baby.
Mine is as well. If it has been corrected on the Mavs from May 19 on then Ford knows what the problem is. I wish they would state what the engine problem or problems are.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gives new meaning to:

"Fire up your engine."

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Such a nice design, poorly implemented. I'm genuinely sad over this. The 2005 Hybrid Escape felt invincible, felt bulletproof. I bought the Maverick after having such a good experience with that one.

MaverickVic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Maverick, '18 F150 Lariat, '00 XL F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I received my Maverick 2.5 Hyb last month and it runs like a top! We had another arrive today but it’s on stop-sell hold-delivery. The reasoning I got is that there were several trucks during assembly that had nuts and or bolts that fell into the crankcase and the remedy is to stick a probe inside and find said items so they won’t cause the “noise” and catastrophic engine failure/fire. It stinks that such a thing can happen, especially in a vehicle that everyone wants and few can actually obtain. I tell you however, mine was worth the wait and Ford hit it out of the park with this one!

Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) 410B7706-8493-4A25-9182-A0B5CDEDAB5B

MaverickVic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Maverick, '18 F150 Lariat, '00 XL F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps Ford may consider assembling these trucks with under-hood insulation as most vehicles except this one has. Those insulation blankets are supposed to help smother any engine fires 🔥

LoveMyTaters

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck went in production in August of 22 but finished on September 11 of 22
Would assume was waiting for the hitch or airbags or a chip
Assume it will be on the list even tho finished after the date

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK - so in reading through the multiple posts I am getting confused. I have a 22 Mav built April last year. It obviously shows up on the list.. I just scheduled to have the first engine fire recall done next week. Should cancel this and not have it done or will they continue thatone as a valid recall still and continue to harass me? :ROFLMAO: Still concerned in doing the airbag one as well....
Sponsored