First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just discovered "SaferCar", which is an app from the NHTSA that is supposed to send you an alert if a recall pops up after you enter your VIN. I found it in the Google Playstore...there is likely one for Apple in their store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.nhtsa.safercar2

Better plan than checking the Ford website daily. Its a little glitchy, like the rest of the government, but if you enter in your vehicle by year/make/model, THEN you can enter in your VIN. If you enter the VIN first, it may or may not find the vehicle to add. The recall shown in my screen below is for a reverse camera on my Transit motorhome.
Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) 1685669369785
Sponsored

Hkak45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got rid of a Subaru.
They don’t make ‘em like they used to.

Just say’in.
Just got rid of a Subaru also..... Loved having to do head gaskets every 70k miles lol I'll miss it dearly

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

NHTSA
It's a little glitchy, yes.
Says the Hybrid Variant has the Trailer Brake Controller Recall.

So it's only as good as the human(s) who type in the data. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm sure if you dig deep enough you will find the correct information.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, and I'm farthest from a Troll. Just reality here.

Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) A97CE551-8371-4AC1-B5D9-E4BA20B5F7E1

Scroll down to:

Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) 7C3013DB-AAE5-49FB-A252-3D07BB1080C1

Last edited:

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got rid of a Subaru also..... Loved having to do head gaskets every 70k miles lol I'll miss it dearly
Change the PCV valve every 30k and you wont have that problem. Happens to some Civics too. $20 preventative maintenance.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NHTSA
It's a little glitchy, yes.
Says the Hybrid Variant has the Trailer Brake Controller Recall.

So it's only as good as the human(s) who type in the data. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm sure if you dig deep enough you will find the correct information.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, and I'm farthest from a Troll. Just reality here.
You need to actually enter a VIN to get more than the generic response you produced.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You need to actually enter a VIN to get more than the generic response you produced.
I'm sure that's the case.
I don't have my VIN memorized and I don't carry a copy in my wallet.
Still there are different bins for
YEAR/MAKE/MODEL/ENGINE.

In this case HEV was specified.
"Glitch"

acapaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) Showmethecarfax.PNG

Wasn't even really looking for this to be here, but Carfax is showing it too. Neat.

Someone further up the thread suggested an oil test could pick up on debris in the oil from the defective crank shaft. Was already heading in for an oil change next week, will try to get a sample and send it off for testing. Hoping I don't have a grenade under my hood.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Showmethecarfax.PNG

Wasn't even really looking for this to be here, but Carfax is showing it too. Neat.

Someone further up the thread suggested an oil test could pick up on debris in the oil from the defective crank shaft. Was already heading in for an oil change next week, will try to get a sample and send it off for testing. Hoping I don't have a grenade under my hood.
be careful if you are planning to take it to the dealer for the oil change....they may end up holding your truck hostage for this recall notice. Hey, you never know.

acapaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
be careful if you are planning to take it to the dealer for the oil change....they may end up holding your truck hostage for this recall notice. Hey, you never know.
That is the plan, If it gets stuck there I'll post about it. Worst case, I have another car I can borrow.

We are rolling those dice.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if serious, or...

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 D250 Cummins, 2019 Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just called the Ford customer service line (800 334 4375) and they don't know anything about this 23S27 recall. Kind of strange if this is true. Anyone else have any information on this?
I called them also to find out if hybrid Maverick production had been halted. The guy just read off all the details of the recall and kept saying "please provide your vin and I will see if this recall applies to yout vehicle". I told him several times that I have a hybrid order with no vin or production date yet and just want to know if production has stopped for hybrids. If Ford is still producing them then they know what the cause of the leaks/fires are and most likely has corrected the problem so production can continue. On the other hand they may have stopped production until the fix for existing models comes out in the 4th quarter. Anybody have any idea about this?

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW - 5/7 build date. Delivered 6/1. Not showing any recalls. Ford checked several times (and this thread generated a half dozen concerned calls to the salesman I am working with).

Thing runs perfect. Hasn't even been washed yet. Literally went from the transport truck into my eager hands and I was "very efficient" (aka late as f') going to work. Didn't even have the mirrors folded out until the first red light. 50.2 MPG on leg one. 43.7 coming home.

I will do a longer write up later, but, initial impressions are that the Lariat is a good bit quieter than the XLT and compared to what I am used to (GTI & Tesla M3) has good suspension compliance for average driving. It actually has pretty good steering feel on the 18-inch wheels. I am sure if I pushed the truck it would plow like an Idaho potato farmer, but for average driving this thing handles better than expected - dare I say "good."

I thought I might flip it. Now intending to hold.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was in drag racing for years and have seen some blown engines with pierced blocks and/or oil pans but most just came to a noisy stop. Rarely did they oil down the engine compartment, mostly just puked all over the track.
Me, if worried, would drop the belly pan and store it in the garage. One of the rules of fire fighting is to remove the fuel. 🔥
If the worse happens to you remember your rear tires are likely oiled so handling and braking will suffer.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree- Drove a friends 2018 Forrester with low miles- Could not wait to give the keys back.
I have a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport and it's a great vehicle. With the 2.5 it gets up and goes and gets great mileage. I've got nothing to say bad about my experience with the Trek...and the AWD system is just fine..

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who are skeptical of the validity regarding this recall I saw Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy commenting on it in a Facebook post (Ford Maverick Hybrids Only)
He confirmed it was legitimate. He is in D.C. on vacation with family so will probably have more to say after he gets back home I suspect.
Sponsored