snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shows up on my 22 hybrid, two outstanding recalls - engine fire and airbag.
Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to take a wild guess and say they are doing the cost analysis on extending warranties to 8 years and 100K miles. BMW’s with a 4 cylinder N20 engine from 2014 and before had a plastic timing chain guard. If the guard cracked and broke your engine was toast if you didn’t catch it in time. New engines were well over $10K, more like $15K. They extended the engine warranty to 8 years and 100K miles or you could have a dealer rip it apart on your own and pay for a new chain guard if yours had not gone out but that was on the owner. I can see Ford saying that unless your truck broke down, smoked , lost torque, loud noises we will just extend the warranty.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, tell all of us who have received recall notices through the Ford app and website that "there is no recall ... yet." There is a recall, just no repair identified as of yet.
you have received a recall notice? Or you saw a recall coming on the website? I think I read they will start sending them out June 15th. No?
I was replying to question "will they keep my truck at the dealer because of this" type question. I'm just saying Ford says to stop driving if you here noises or see smoke, not park the truck. So I doubt they will not let you pick up your own truck when there is no remedy yet.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We have a Chevy Pick up at work with a commercial service account.

Took it to the dealer for no working air conditioning. While there a "safety recall" for airbags or seatbelts or something (I forget) popped up.

They (Chevy) impounded the truck and did not release it to us, for 5 or 6 months (mid pandemic) due to lack of parts.

This was a commercial account but was a "regular" truck like a 1500 I think.

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '23 hybrid just arrived at the dealer. My VIN is not showing the recall, but it was build on May 13th. Does anybody know if they are done updating the Vin numbers for this recall?

My salesperson doesn't know anything about this recall and is asking me when I want to pick it up. I'm not sure I want it if i'm going to find out it needs to come back for who knows how long to fix or replace engine. What should I do?

Sponsored

yoyomav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger 3.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
first post should be updated to highlight the fact that not ALL trucks falling in the recall date range will have a recall.

On reddit there was someone with a 2023 March build WITH the recall, but there are plenty of folks with earlier build dates & WITHOUT the recall. Don't know if it means anything but I would think that Ford already finished flagging the vehicles with the new recall.

Bottom line is if your truck is all clear on Ford recall site just enjoy your truck rather than worrying about it.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 22 shows the recall, my 23 order doesn't show it as of today (it shows built on 5/18/23 and shipped). I asked the service dept where I got my 22 from about the recall and they said it would be 4th qtr before it could able to be fixed. I take that to mean sometime between October and December of this year?

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 XL Hybrid build date 11/22 doesn’t show recall.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 shows the recall, my 23 order doesn't show it as of today (it shows built on 5/18/23 and shipped). I asked the service dept where I got my 22 from about the recall and they said it would be 4th qtr before it could able to be fixed. I take that to mean sometime between October and December of this year?
I would be surprised if there is an actual fix or if it's fixed between October and December....more likely some kind of remedy announced in Q4 and some kind of repairs in the following year. Don't expect it to be much better than some of the other "red neck "fixes Ford has come up with IMHO ( see passenger seat fix , see slat removal and holes in pan under engine compartment)

Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Maverick2112 go get the truck. Not all Mavericks were effected, so yours likely wasn't if it doesn't have a recall currently.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '23 hybrid just arrived at the dealer. My VIN is not showing the recall, but it was build on May 13th. Does anybody know if they are done updating the Vin numbers for this recall?

My salesperson doesn't know anything about this recall and is asking me when I want to pick it up. I'm not sure I want it if i'm going to find out it needs to come back for who knows how long to fix or replace engine. What should I do?
Where in Michigan are you? If you don't want it I'll take it if you're worried. :)

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be surprised if there is an actual fix or if it's fixed between October and December....more likely some kind of remedy announced in Q4 and some kind of repairs in the following year. Don't expect it to be much better than some of the other "red neck "fixes Ford has come up with IMHO ( see passenger seat fix , see slat removal and holes in pan under engine compartment)
22S47 (AGS vane removal and additional under engine shield holes) was never really a fix, anyway. It never sought to repair/replace the engines with manufacturing defects. Instead, they determined that it was cheaper to throw together a cheap "fix" to keep an engine failure from leading to engine fire and taking the vehicle (and occupants) with it. That way, they'd only have to replace engines (perhaps vehicles) that experienced catastrophic engine failure, and hopefully nobody would get hurt when their engines did fail (bad PR, bad karma).

Since that failed to prevent engine fires resulting from engine failure (which we know as they confirmed this in the chronology leading to 23S27, linked on page 42), they now need to scramble to come up with a new "fix".

If they had to replace all of these engines built since launch in 2019, that would easily be hundreds of millions of dollars. Cutting a few holes and removing AGS vanes? Probably a few million. Replacing the "relatively few" engines that fail? If it's really as rare as they project, probably only a few million more.

Evidently, they either don't have a (relatively narrow) range of affected engines like they did with 22S10, or it's still too many that they don't want to approve the replacement of however many engines they suspect are involved.

22S10 was in regards to a couple hundred 2021 Escapes that might've had improperly machined crankshafts, where the remedy was to inspect and replace as needed. In that case, it would've probably been under $1 million if they needed to replace all of them, though they only expected to replace ~25, they just weren't sure which engines got the bad crankshafts off the pallet of ~200.

Chances are that the resolution to 23S27 (the "new" one in this thread) will involve additional hardware to catch oil and gas that would get sprayed out of the engine in case of engine failure via block breach.

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where in Michigan are you? If you don't want it I'll take it if you're worried. :)
Hey neighbor ! Base of the thumb... Marlette, or? I'm in Byron, I'm about an hour and 20 from Marlette. I have decided I'm going to keep it.
Sponsored