First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Throwing a rod is not a new thing. Lots of that 50-70 years ago. The liability lawyers are the new thing. Was just talking to the dealer this AM. Toyota caused the nonsense of having floor mats pegged to the floor because they lied about mats causing unwanted acceleration...when in fact, it was a stupid electronic throttle. (https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyo...dly-unintended-acceleration/story?id=22972214)

If your hybrid makes a big noise, pull over and park it. If you see oil all over even with no big bang, pull over and park it. Don't stupidly add oil to a new car that has an oil soaked engine compartment and continue to drive it. The lawyers have to account for that level of stupidity. (I know that was an Ecoboost, but the concept is the same.)

If you've owned it for less than 5 yrs or 60k miles, you don't even need an extended warranty to bear the cost. Enjoy the truck. I love my Maverick and am far more worried about some idiot running into me than I am having it burst into flame.

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not sure what's worse

the wait for my truck, or burning alive inside it

For what it's worth, the NHTSA documents explicitly state than nobody has been injured or killed due to the issues that prompted both of these recalls.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what it's worth, the NHTSA documents explicitly state than nobody has been injured or killed due to the issues that prompted both of these recalls.
Probably because anyone that incurred these issues was, ya know, smart enough to get out of the truck and therefore, avoid being "burned alive inside it". :rolleyes:

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

sounds like there is no recall ...yet....it said no repair remedy has been published. Right?
Well, tell all of us who have received recall notices through the Ford app and website that "there is no recall ... yet." There is a recall, just no repair identified as of yet.

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Throwing a rod is not a new thing. Lots of that 50-70 years ago. The liability lawyers are the new thing. Was just talking to the dealer this AM. Toyota caused the nonsense of having floor mats pegged to the floor because they lied about mats causing unwanted acceleration...when in fact, it was a stupid electronic throttle. (https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyo...dly-unintended-acceleration/story?id=22972214)

If your hybrid makes a big noise, pull over and park it. If you see oil all over even with no big bang, pull over and park it. Don't stupidly add oil to a new car that has an oil soaked engine compartment and continue to drive it. The lawyers have to account for that level of stupidity. (I know that was an Ecoboost, but the concept is the same.)

If you've owned it for less than 5 yrs or 60k miles, you don't even need an extended warranty to bear the cost. Enjoy the truck. I love my Maverick and am far more worried about some idiot running into me than I am having it burst into flame.
Well said. I am enjoying mine as well.

minesweep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated with recall notice:

1685567770816-png.png

I went to go get the Sync software update for a manual install. It was clear then.
After the install when I went back to the site to upload the XML file, I had a recall appear....

1685560123284.png

Its almost a week old since it's issue date even though it only showed up today. I already had the previous one done with removing the grill shutters and holes cut. I wanted to see if anyone else saw this one get added today as well.
WELL, that's just perfect....Got mine last month with build date that falls right in recall dates!!! They better have a LOANER!!!!!!

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we also have an electric vehicle..double paranoia or just born under a fire sign. Not going to worry.

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Maverick and am far more worried about some idiot running into me than I am having it burst into flame.

👏👏

Let me count how many times the thing I drove caught fire ... 0.

Let me count how many times I was in car accidents from other people on the road ... 4.

"may the odds be ever in your favor"

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WELL, that's just perfect....Got mine last month with build date that falls right in recall dates!!! They better have a LOANER!!!!!!
Check your VIN here for a recall alert:
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

It's not ALL hybrids in the date range. It's probably mostly 2022 with early 2023 and sporadic later 2023 VINs.

minesweep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks....just checked with VIN...no recall...WHEW!!!!!

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad