First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment but having a November 1st, 21 order that I had to convert , I will be pissed if it isn’t scheduled within the first couple months for production. Ford should have had a better way to protect customers like me who have waited about a year instead of hoping dealers would decipher the difference with priority codes. What would stop all dealers from marking 10!
Sponsored

juekerus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I am up in the mountains if you can call them that. I can see where the Appalachian tral runs from my bedroom window. I have not been down the shore yet. Sept is a beautifully month down there. Good luck!

juekerus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order was on Thursday night

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol I am up in the mountains if you can call them that. I can see where the Appalachian tral runs from my bedroom window. I have not been down the shore yet. Sept is a beautifully month down there. Good luck!

Alright then crack a beer at one of the overlooks near High Point State Park! I used to go there as a kid. Take care my friend.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok, the "up to $7500" may be referring to yet to be determined North American content percentages or to the previous expected range from the battery. But it's worth noting that the escape phev's rebate is $6843 and it seems the phev's that don't get the full credit are the early year models.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

the IRA makes eligibility for the full $7,500 incentive contingent on two new requirements (with each valued at $3,750):
https://www.forbes.com/sites/energy...-consumers-and-us-automakers/?sh=74944c92117e
Unlike in prior years, the exact amount of the new tax credit will depend on a complex set of calculations based on where the vehicles are assembled and where the materials that make up their batteries are sourced.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...at-qualify-for-new-ev-tax-credit-a9310530660/
Point is, we do not know exact amounts for the mythical Maverick PHEV. The current 22 my Escape credit is based on an earlier program. There is also some discussion of income caps too.

If the credit actually gets transferred to point of sale, as indicated for 2024, it's not uncommon for manufacturers to simply take the government money and not pass the full dollar benefit to the consumer. Note how this is the case for leasing a BEV--manufacturer keeps the $7500 credit, but that amount may not be fully transferred to the consumer. Lots of shenanigans can take place with the numbers to benefit the manufacturer (and dealer).

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment but having a November 1st, 21 order that I had to convert , I will be pissed if it isn’t scheduled within the first couple months for production. Ford should have had a better way to protect customers like me who have waited about a year instead of hoping dealers would decipher the difference with priority codes. What would stop all dealers from marking 10!
And all the new buyers who pressure their dealers to assign a 10 to those new orders too! It's like asking "Who wants their truck first?". Who's gonna say, "No, that's ok. I'll just go to the back of the line" ? (Said no one)

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at one of the production schedule charts that's out there, the 2023 is only scheduled to be built from November 14, 2022 to March 31, 2023. That's only 137 calendar days. Take out planned shutdowns for a couple weeks during the Christmas holiday (plus other possible breaks), it doesn't seem like a lot. Of course, Ford could adjust and extend this schedule.
Why is production for MY 2023 vehicles so short?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And all the new buyers who pressure their dealers to assign a 10 to those new orders too! It's like asking "Who wants their truck first?". Who's gonna say, "No, that's ok. I'll just go to the back of the line" ? (Said no one)
All that does is set a priority for that specific dealer. If everyone is a 10, then the orders from that dealer will be scheduled in the order they were received and will be scheduled along side the 19s the next dealer in line set all their orders to. All it does is allow Bob's Ford to tell FoMoCo "build my orders in this order."

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is production for MY 2023 vehicles so short?
I don't know. There's lots of speculation on why, and Ford could extend production, if they deem necessary.

Tricky Dicky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Taco (deceased)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve said it before: it is Ford’s ball and Ford’s bat. Always has been, always will be. So Ford gets to (make)(change)(abandon) the rules.
Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How will the orders for production date be determined. Will Nov 14th start with all of the roll over Mav 22 orders then go in order from when orders were put in for 2023 Mavericks (i.e. some dealerships have wait list going for 2023).
There aren't really any 'roll over' MY22 orders - all MY22's that didn't get scheduled had to be re-entered as a MY23 order just like any 'new' MY23 order. Priority is determined at the dealer level - FORD isn't differentiating between 'new' and 'old' orders.

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got bumped again to week of 10/31. Are they going to get all the 22s finished that have vin before nov 14th?
I'm betting no. My MY22 is scheduled for Nov.7th and it just pushed up this week from Oct. 31st. I wouldn't bet on MY23's production on Nov. 14th.

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My MY22 is scheduled for Nov.7th and it just pushed up this week from Oct. 31st. I wouldn't bet on MY23's production on Nov. 14th.
Same here. Was scheduled for 09/26 before it just got bumped back to Nov. 7th. Really sweating bullets over here.
Sponsored