2.5L Hybrid

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
@fordvideoguy stated in his latest livecast that they have 117 allocations left and that the large number of allocations they got were for both November and December.
I guarantee they fill most of those and those of us from small dealers with under 10 orders keep getting passed over. Why would Ford care about the little guys?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So much for all the hype about ramping up production. At this rate, June/July orders will be lucky to be scheduled before Summer 2023
It's still early in the production run and we are in the middle of the holiday season so I'll give them a pass, but given that they had been cranking out 10-15k bronco sports in the past few months, if they don't break 10k for the month of January I'd be surprised. Then again they never made more than about 18k vehicles combined. You have to wonder what the maximum output of the plant is.

Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's still early in the production run and we are in the middle of the holiday season so I'll give them a pass, but given that they had been cranking out 10-15k bronco sports in the past few months, if they don't break 10k for the month of January I'd be surprised. Then again they never made more than about 18k vehicles combined. You have to wonder what the maximum output of the plant is.
No way they hit 10k Mavericks in January; unless they are focusing on Ecoboosts to increase their numbers for shareholders and fleet orders. if that's the case, what was the point in introducing the Hybrid version, since it's being limited to 40%. I also find it hard to believe that they can crank out all the Hybrid orders before next fall the way they've been passing over summer orders for more recent orders. Saw plenty of my exact build scheduled yesterday that ordered after me, way after me.

And I'm not giving them a pass, not that my opinion matters to them at all. They introduced the cheapest hybrid in America, and it's a truck. If they didn't expect the Hybrid version to sell like crazy then their planning team is a bunch of complete idiots. If they didn't secure enough chips ahead of time with contracts to build 75-100k hybrids then their planning team screwed the pooch. If they didn't secure enough material (spray in bed liner) to build that many then they shouldn't be in the car industry. If they aren't going full out trying to build all the older orders first, then they are just plain greedy and don't care about us as customers.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No way they hit 10k Mavericks in January; unless they are focusing on Ecoboosts to increase their numbers for shareholders and fleet orders. if that's the case, what was the point in introducing the Hybrid version, since it's being limited to 40%. I also find it hard to believe that they can crank out all the Hybrid orders before next fall the way they've been passing over summer orders for more recent orders. Saw plenty of my exact build scheduled yesterday that ordered after me, way after me.

And I'm not giving them a pass, not that my opinion matters to them at all. They introduced the cheapest hybrid in America, and it's a truck. If they didn't expect the Hybrid version to sell like crazy then their planning team is a bunch of complete idiots. If they didn't secure enough chips ahead of time with contracts to build 75-100k hybrids then their planning team screwed the pooch. If they didn't secure enough material (spray in bed liner) to build that many then they shouldn't be in the car industry. If they aren't going full out trying to build all the older orders first, then they are just plain greedy and don't care about us as customers.
I feel ya, but the supply chain issues aren't really Ford's fault. They can contract with parts suppliers all they want but if the subcontractors can't produce the parts, all the planning in the world does no good.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel ya, but the supply chain issues aren't really Ford's fault. They can contract with parts suppliers all they want but if the subcontractors can't produce the parts, all the planning in the world does no good.
that's part of it for sure, but the onus is on Ford for failing to foresee and secure the necessary supply contracts. Sure it would've cost more $ to jump other clients, but they just launched a huge buyback and announced plans to build EV battery plants. They plainly just botched this product and didn't have the foresight to see how successful it would be...The Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mach E should have informed them plenty to prepare.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that's part of it for sure, but the onus is on Ford for failing to foresee and secure the necessary supply contracts. Sure it would've cost more $ to jump other clients, but they just launched a huge buyback and announced plans to build EV battery plants. They plainly just botched this product and didn't have the foresight to see how successful it would be...The Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mach E should have informed them plenty to prepare.
My entire point is that ford had contracts but the suppliers can't deliver. Not only that, a lot of stuff was sitting on ships off california and they can't unload them fast enough. Nobody could have predicted the depth of the supply issues.

MavVa1024

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Kicks

Then don't buy the truck. 🙂 Here's the thing... Blaming FoMoCo for a supply chain issue, and making large assumptions based on your aggravated viewpoint is a lot like blaming (or praising) a president for gas prices. . Limited in scope, reactionary in nature, based in bias, and largely uninformed on the context.

A whole lotta hot air, and very little action. Prioritizing big dealers that make logistical sense is capitalism 101...

Sponsored

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I agree with you 100%.

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then don't buy the truck. 🙂 Here's the thing... Blaming FoMoCo for a supply chain issue, and making large assumptions based on your aggravated viewpoint is a lot like blaming (or praising) a president for gas prices. . Limited in scope, reactionary in nature, based in bias, and largely uninformed on the context.

A whole lotta hot air, and very little action. Prioritizing big dealers that make logistical sense is capitalism 101...
Can,t you understand there are a lot of people that are upset at the way this system works cut everyone some slack.

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Interesting statement "your aggravated viewpoint is a lot like blaming (or praising) a president for gas prices.. Limited in scope, reactionary in nature, based in bias, and largely uninformed on the context". I think this following statement is simple enough for us minions to understand and for you to attempt to dismiss. "The Fuel / Gas Price has RISEN $1.50 Per Gallon since Jan 20, 2021" Wonder what president was in charge back then and what president is in charge now. Asking for a friend since us minions are to dumb to understand such an informed person as yourself.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You do realize that there are over 100,000 maverick reservations, and there are probably only a few thousand people on this forum...
Not to be be confused with actual confirmed orders which is much lower
Sponsored