Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Laiat pepper red Lux package 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck to all…

I don’t want to be a sour puss but be prepared for that estimated build date to be pushed back weeks, or months, like many of them have.

Still haven’t gotten an update on my June order than was scheduled for 11/1 but apparently got forgotten about…
You have to remember that for is terrible about updating us on our build. I have seen that it would say it's in production and next thing they hear that the truck and just been dropped off at the dealership. So the don't update all the time.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone tell me what is holding up the builds…. And/or the scheduling of the builds? My order:
Ford Confirmation 9/18/2021
XLT
AWD ecoboost
luxury package
Co-pilot
Spray in liner
Tow package
Soft tonneau cover
Mud flaps
Full size spare
Rear window
I ordered what I wanted and I’m willing to wait, just wondering if I shot myself in the foot?Thanks
Ok based on what I know, the soft tonneau cover and mud flaps were on the constraint list the last time I heard. The spray-in liner is part of the LUX package so it should be ok. Otherwise the fact you've only ordered a couple of months ago, you should still in the running. A lot is also going to depend on the allocations your dealerships get each month. Ecoboost is plus over hybrid for now, but as a hybrid order I'm hoping this upcoming scheduling day, Nov 18th will be a big win for hybrid orders! 😁

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone tell me what is holding up the builds…. And/or the scheduling of the builds? My order:
Ford Confirmation 9/18/2021
XLT
AWD ecoboost
luxury package
Co-pilot
Spray in liner
Tow package
Soft tonneau cover
Mud flaps
Full size spare
Rear window
I ordered what I wanted and I’m willing to wait, just wondering if I shot myself in the foot?Thanks
Check the commodity restrictions posts, but lux and the tonneau were both on there the last I looked.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok based on what I know, the soft tonneau cover and mud flaps were on the constraint list the last time I heard. The spray-in liner is part of the LUX package so it should be ok. Otherwise the fact you've only ordered a couple of months ago, you should still in the running. A lot is also going to depend on the allocations your dealerships get each month. Ecoboost is plus over hybrid for now, but as a hybrid order I'm hoping this upcoming scheduling day, Nov 18th will be a big win for hybrid orders! 😁
Thanks.. I have a place nearby that can do the cover and mud flaps, in fact the spray liner too. I’ve have work done before, always top notch…. Auto Action in Kenilworth, NJ.. but I swore to myself I’m buying what I want and not going aftermarket for the first time in 10 new cars!

Dethkake

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Sales Partner is hyping me up that this may include me. I am not holding my breath. =(

Update: I was totally not included in the 11/18 scheduling. My sales partner informed me that it would have been if I didnt have the spray in. Then told gave me the option to remove it and have it done at the dealership once it arrives... WHY DIDNT YOU GIVE ME THIS OPTION WHEN YOU KNEW IT WAS AN ISSUE???

Last edited:

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The number of hate phones myself and co-workers received from family/friends when they couldn't see their loved one was horrible, It was out of our hands I and other wanted families in the hospital.
Goodness! I never once even thought to blame the staff!! I was a chaplain intern on cardiac units years ago, and knew that the lack of comforting visitors surely made the nursing staff's jobs harder. Nurses are on the front lines and we were so grateful for their care, and the extra time they took to talk with me when needed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do! ❤

MarkiNovi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been watching the numerous threads about delays in their build for months. I know that a number of you may not want to hear this but, I am a retired Ford engineer that supported a good number of new model launches. I can tell you that because of the number of engineering and manufacturing "deviations" to the design of record that take place initially, it is generally NOT advisable to purchase a newly launched vehicle until at least 6 months after start-up. So those that have been waiting a long time (like me) have some solace that it might be for the better. For those that are receiving their builds in the first months of production, hope for the best - it isn't the end of the world.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been watching the numerous threads about delays in their build for months. I know that a number of you may not want to hear this but, I am a retired Ford engineer that supported a good number of new model launches. I can tell you that because of the number of engineering and manufacturing "deviations" to the design of record that take place initially, it is generally NOT advisable to purchase a newly launched vehicle until at least 6 months after start-up. So those that have been waiting a long time (like me) have some solace that it might be for the better. For those that are receiving their builds in the first months of production, hope for the best - it isn't the end of the world.
Well your post has probably made a bunch of hybrid folks happy and made a bunch of ecoboost people worried! 😆 🤣 😂

jschenavar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex and Fusion
Being new to this group. I'm not all familiar with how ordering works. I placed my order on 10/08. What does this mean for me?
I ordered in june... still waiting.. so.. best of luck to ya

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No worries waiting 6 months! Ford has left me with no option

Sponsored

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, do you think a lot of the bugs will actually be fixed during production, or they will simply let the dealers address them? I see you are in old number 6, I work in Milford. Hello, neighbor!

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did, but I think I'm much more likely to be tarred and feathered before I get a truck!
I think tar is on the constraint list and I am sure feathers are a late availability item.

MarkiNovi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, do you think a lot of the bugs will actually be fixed during production, or they will simply let the dealers address them? I see you are in old number 6, I work in Milford. Hello, neighbor!
Hello Neighbor, Yes, I believe most of the bugs will be worked out. They will not leave it up to the dealers to fix. A lot of times the newer vehicles will see retrofits/fixes at a facility like Roush Industries in Allen Park.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is something I never considered. Do any examples come to mind during your time at ford?

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Peace be with you. My spouse was in hospital Christmas week last year (no visitors allowed at all) and coded after heart surgery. Had it not been for the Tiger Team being present on that very unit at the time, the outcome would have been much different. We got lucky. My heart goes out to you, at your great loss. May your Maverick arrive before mine.
Prayer for you during your loss.
Sponsored