First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I expect to be thoroughly disappointed by Ford until I go buy a Chevy Colorado. Which is a shame because I really love my dealership and my salesman.
The 2023 Colorado Z71 is something that I plan on keeping an eye on if it is still financially advantageous for me to trade in my MY22 Maverick XLT when it comes out.

Last edited:

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm...my 2022 EcoBoost was scheduled to be built the week of Nov. 7, but now the plant is closed. I have received zero emails from Ford regarding the build week being bumped.

Once again, no one knows what is going on.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm...my 2022 EcoBoost was scheduled to be built the week of Nov. 7, but now the plant is closed. I have received zero emails from Ford regarding the build week being bumped.

Once again, no one knows what is going on.
I posted it a few times in a few spots, but I got an 11/7 week email this past Tuesday. Chatted Friday and they had already moved me to 11/14 week. I would assume this is your situation as well.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK lets fix this. Everyone gets the Eco boost regardless of what you want. There its settled. Build the damn trucks!!!!!
Lol. Ford, has to agree to this.
They will not, even if they will save on the private offers, they probably hope few will not be given out.
Nice thought, but I fear eco-boosts will probably have more costly recalls in the log run.
Ford is firing their ice engineers, there may be some hidden wrong tolerances planted into the design. https://honestengineonline.com/ford-2-0-ecoboost-problems/

Pwoodward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Sport Wagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Things seem to change each day so think overthinking what the strategy is just is pointless and no one seems to know what the actual plan is. Hopefully Ford do and will get a start on getting the MY23 out. I keep getting concerned that they not deliver however they are making 8-10,000 a month so people are getting their trucks. I feel bad for all those that have waited so long but hopefully they be rewarded soon. Let all hope that this year things will get back on track. I just have to learn to be patient. I however rather them fix any issues with the engine/transmission before it's built and have a reliable vehicle with a little longer wait. Hoping some 23 are scheduled this week and some of you are the lucky ones. They seem to be finding batteries for the lightning and while it's much more I sure with all the extra technology and R&D they probably making more on the Maverick.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Things seem to change each day so think overthinking what the strategy is just is pointless and no one seems to know what the actual plan is. Hopefully Ford do and will get a start on getting the MY23 out. I keep getting concerned that they not deliver however they are making 8-10,000 a month so people are getting their trucks. I feel bad for all those that have waited so long but hopefully they be rewarded soon. Let all hope that this year things will get back on track. I just have to learn to be patient. I however rather them fix any issues with the engine/transmission before it's built and have a reliable vehicle with a little longer wait. Hoping some 23 are scheduled this week and some of you are the lucky ones. They seem to be finding batteries for the lightning and while it's much more I sure with all the extra technology and R&D they probably making more on the Maverick.
Ford has the worst communications dept I have ever seen. Why do they think sending several inaccurate communications is better than sending a a couple accurate ones? They have zero credibility. Clearly they are sending communications to customers prematurely. Do they think verbal diarrhea from their communication team is a good thing?
If they don’t have reliable information then don’t say anything. Telling people their truck is getting built 11/14 one day and then 12/19 the next day, when neither of those days are true and their 22 order is actually cancelled, is lunacy. And it’s just mean.

Last edited:

Winters

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra Sport 2018
So someone else above mentioned, they are producing trucks each month, so some people are obviously getting them. We hear a lot, and get fixed on those who wait a long time but I wonder what the average wait time is? That or if theres some way to produce a probability of someones order getting built?

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So someone else above mentioned, they are producing trucks each month, so some people are obviously getting them. We hear a lot, and get fixed on those who wait a long time but I wonder what the average wait time is? That or if theres some way to produce a probability of someones order getting built?
The trucks they are producing aren’t necessarily for the domestic market. The trucks they are producing could be for south america, nobody knows their destination.
Average wait time is likely 10-12 months for a hybrid, and maybe 8ish for ecoboost. There is a poll out there that isnt pretty.

Last edited:

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I know the plan is in Mexico but it is interesting that they are scheduling for the week of 11/21/22. That is Thanksgiving week and at one point I thought I heard that they would be shut down Thanksgiving week.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
I know the plan is in Mexico but it is interesting that they are scheduling for the week of 11/21/22. That is Thanksgiving week and at one point I thought I heard that they would be shut down Thanksgiving week.
Not even American ford plants are closed that week, just Thursday and Friday no production

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Good news for Ecoboost orders i would think.
I hope so.

I never heard the actual numbers but of the 86,000 orders for Mavericks in when the order book was open in September maybe 20,000 of them may have been for ecoboosts.

If they can make 2,000 Ecoboost Mavericks a week then in the four weeks they are scheduling they could make 8,000 of the ordered Mavericks so there would be about a 40% chance of mine being scheduled.

Of course that is just wishful thinking.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
from
My XL 22my ordered 11/3/2021 had low constants but still had to be reordered.
Ordering an XL did not make it come any quicker as I thought it would, Ford does not think this way.
Ford will do what Ford wants to do.
A Maverick order is a testament to a customer' s fortatued...and to management's
disfunction.
You are being punished for having a Dodge Dakota and a Subaru!
Sponsored